A Kiss will Set You Free

Richard Hall is the most eligible bachelor in Rutland Isle. But he is engaged to be married to Ruth Williams.

Just days before their wedding, Ruth gets to know of a fact that would ruin everything. What would happen to the couple's future?

Or in fact the future of Rutland Isle's residents?

The First chapter (Prologue) is out.

This story has somewhat been inspired from a soap called Dante's Cove.

A very intriguing and bizarre start for your story. You know how to get your readers hooked, with this curse, and calling to the great 19th century influences of the fantastic/ horror stories. Now, you're cursed too, with a spellbinding need to provide more chapters to your readers!

As prologues go, that was a doozy! Remind me not to piss Grace off. :unsure:

Shades of Dorian Gray here. Oscar Wilde will be pleased.

So I'm guessing that Richard will have to use his guile, rather than his looks, to get a young gay man to kiss him. Maybe he'll just need his cheque book. :P

More, more, more... :D

Conner

A very intriguing and bizarre start for your story. You know how to get your readers hooked, with this curse, and calling to the great 19th century influences of the fantastic/ horror stories. Now, you're cursed too, with a spellbinding need to provide more chapters to your readers!

:*) Thanks a ton, Francois. I'm sure that after such a praise, I'd have to work triple hard to maintain myself to your expectations. The chapters would keep coming more frequently after my exams get over. I just had to get this prologue out as this story was at the back of my mind for quite some time.

As prologues go, that was a doozy! Remind me not to piss Grace off. :unsure:

Shades of Dorian Gray here. Oscar Wilde will be pleased.

So I'm guessing that Richard will have to use his guile, rather than his looks, to get a young gay man to kiss him. Maybe he'll just need his cheque book. :P

More, more, more... :D

Conner

Oh, you'll notice that Grace has a lot of 'grace'. She is my favourite character and I take great pride in her maniac side! :lol:

Lets just say Richard will have to use a lot more than that! Witches are not very easy to fool! :P

Thanks for the wonderful feedback, you two.

The BeaStKid

P.S

Just read who Dorian Gray was and i must admit, there is a bit of resemblance. I'm honoured by your comment Conner. Oscar is a great author!

Thanks for the wonderful feedback, you two.

The BeaStKid

P.S

Just read who Dorian Gray was and i must admit, there is a bit of resemblance. I'm honoured by your comment Conner. Oscar is a great author!

Not to point out something bad, or discourage you but if you have seen a Nighttime soap called Dante's Cove. most of this scene is from it, or very much like it. Ffrom Dante's Cove, on of the scenes has a young man who is walking with this woman that you find out later has powers, they walk past a woman in the street, her eyes and the mans meet, they pass by, the other woman looks back at her, and the woman falls over dead or stricken. Later in the house after a brief discussion. the woman goes outside, the man talks to his butler(male) yadayada, and they undress and get intimate(very hot scene btw), the woman returns to the house, catches them in the act, send her man flying and kills the butler....

But anyway....for those who like a nighttime soap that is very gay oriented check out Dante's Cove, I enjoy it, and the seasons are available on DvD.

Personally, if it's a starting point for a totally different story, I don't mind it being borrowed. Of course, giving credit wouldn't have hurt, and the writing is still quite good and BSK's.

And if BSK never saw Dante's Cove, then we're in the realm of the truly bizarre.

Whoa, perhaps the writer of Dante's Cove and BK are psychically link! HHm, nice plot line for story...

Hm, yes, I was here to say my few words. So the story is really good. But should I feel good or bad about Grace? It's such an ambivalent opinion. She was cheated on and seemed to really love Richard. And then, she's a witch and kills every woman. Woman- such a mystery!

Nice story. I would like to see how the story develops! :)

Ieshwar

Personally, if it's a starting point for a totally different story, I don't mind it being borrowed. Of course, giving credit wouldn't have hurt, and the writing is still quite good and BSK's.

And if BSK never saw Dante's Cove, then we're in the realm of the truly bizarre.

Now that you mentioned it, I read the review of Dante's a while back and this was somewhat inspired by it. But I never imagined that the first scene would be so similar. Now that it has happened, I may have to edit the story to put in the credits...thanks for pointing that out.

Thanks for the comments Ieshwar. Woman truly are a bizarre species. And yes, Grace does love Richard.

Thanks.

The BeaStKid

After a very harsh response from a reader about plagiarism in my story, I've decided to post this everywhere I've submitted this story--->

This story has somewhat been inspired from Dante's Cove, a soap. However, the viewers of that particular soap would notice that barring the Prologue, the story will be having no resemblence to the soap in question.

I request the readers who have any doubt about the authenticity of this story to contact me directly. As I have offered to the person who gave me the harsh response, I offer the same to all those who have a question regarding this story.

I offered the person to read my plot outline (he has yet to accept this offer) and then judge for himself if this story is linked to Dante's Cove or not. Only the first chapter (Prologue) has some resemblence to the soap due to the similar theme and plot-base.

Anyone who wants to accept this offer to satisfy themselves, are free to do so. They can mail me at ->bsk_stories@yahoo.com

I'll gladly entertain their request.

Thank you

The BeaStKid

Do not fret too much over this. CaptnJack's heads up wasn't an accusation of plagiarism, at least I did not read like this. Now, all you've got to do is post the other chapters that have nothing to do with the afore mentioned soap. :)

Thanks for the support, Francois. But I think I'll re-write the first chapter for it is not only CaptnJack who has raised concerns about this.

The theme of the chapter would remain the same, but lets see if I can steer it away from Dante's Cove......Sigh...The second chapter was almost complete.... :(

The BeaStKid

But BK, it's not so serious, at least for me. The start may be the same but I know that the plot will be different. If you don't want or find it inconvenient, don't do it. But if you want to please yourself, go ahead. I'm with you. :)

Ieshwar

I don't know...I mean I received at least 4 mails and that included a threat that the person will report me to Here! Networks--->The production company that produced Dante's Cove. I'm still relatively a new author and I don't know what to do.

Plus, my editor for this story also advised me to re-write the first chapter....I am confused!! :(

Forgive me but I do not know what Dante's Cove is.

BSK, I think you're doing a great job with the story. Those are just flamers. Don't worry about them. I've received some from time to time too. They're just out to get your attention to them. Seriously, don't worry. I have my imagination plotting out what the rest of the story would be like and you're only gonna mess it up by changing the prologue. :D

But you're the author. I'm with you whatever you want to do.

:)

Rad

What about taking advice from someone quite experienced about these stuff? A published author? Or someone here itself with sufficient knowledge?

Take care,

Ieshwar

Could Francois or you suggest someone?? I would also like to point out that my editor (of this story) has done copyright laws as her major and she is of the opinion that I should re-write it.

Could Francois or you suggest someone?? I would also like to point out that my editor (of this story) has done copyright laws as her major and she is of the opinion that I should re-write it.

I would suggest dkstories. There's also the Writer Support Team, mind you, I don't know if this is really "their" job. 3 of the members are CJames (he's everywhere, he's everywhere...only lurking though :ph34r: ) Razor and Myk.

I believe the simplest solution is the one you already brought. That is to make a statement in the initial chapter to the effect that:

"This story was inspired by Dante's Cove, produced by....."

Seeing that it's true, it's also the right thing to do. It doesn't matter that your plot line goes off in a completely different direction. Becoming aware of Dante's Cove gave you the inspiration to write your story. What's the big deal anyway? Many authors have been inspired by all kinds of things, including other creative works..

I would suggest you take your email address off this thread and do not give your plot line out to any of the creeps emailing you. It's none of their business.

As Rad suggested, ignore the creeps. They get off on being self-righteous. They love to show distain toward others as it helps them feel better about themselves. I have found the delete button works very effectively in this regard. :2thumbs:

Conner

You know, just to deviate for a while, I had thought of Ruth transforming herself into a young handsome guy. Then... hehe...

Like Bondwriter said, it was a great change from the first version. It still did it's job. And I would refrain myself from comparing it to the first one. YOu're doing great, BSK.

Looking forward to the next chapter.

Rad

I hope no Bollywood aficionado will let you know the forced marriage followed by a curse comes from your country's film industry!

:whistle::whistle: But it's the rich father ordering his son to marry a girl of his choice and inaccepting a daughter-in-law from a low status that reminded me of our good old Bollywood! :D

It's good, really good. I liked it! We know a bit about Richard and Mary.

But I would have liked to know more about Ruth. Before she makes her appearance. She seems to be a strong character and I would have liked to know more about him.

And she said that Richard is very narcissist. But you said that he's not arrogant! So she's lying or perhaps she doesn't know him well. More light, please!

Looking for more,

Ieshwar

P.S What about Alpha and Omega?

It's a great change from the first version. I hope no Bollywood aficionado will let you know the forced marriage followed by a curse comes from your country's film industry! :)

What do you expect from an ardent Bollywood Fan!!! :P

Thanks...lol

You know, just to deviate for a while, I had thought of Ruth transforming herself into a young handsome guy. Then... hehe...

Like Bondwriter said, it was a great change from the first version. It still did it's job. And I would refrain myself from comparing it to the first one. YOu're doing great, BSK.

Looking forward to the next chapter.

Rad

Thanks Rad...Even I had the temptation to transform Ruth into a handsome man...but then, Richard isn't Gay!! ;)

:whistle::whistle: But it's the rich father ordering his son to marry a girl of his choice and inaccepting a daughter-in-law from a low status that reminded me of our good old Bollywood! :D

It's good, really good. I liked it! We know a bit about Richard and Mary.

But I would have liked to know more about Ruth. Before she makes her appearance. She seems to be a strong character and I would have liked to know more about him.

And she said that Richard is very narcissist. But you said that he's not arrogant! So she's lying or perhaps she doesn't know him well. More light, please!

Looking for more,

Ieshwar

P.S What about Alpha and Omega?

Yup...Its good old Bollywood at its best!!

Oh, you'll get to know about Ruth in just a few more chapters...She's not going to leave us so soon!! ;)

Hmmm... I think by arrogance you are referring to is Richard's arrogance as a whole. I'll clear that up...

Richard knows he is handsome and hence he gloats over that...That is a narcissist's trait. But he is not arrogant of his stature or money or anything else. In fact he hated it. Ruth too knows that he is handsome and somehow she also has this feeling that he's a narcissist!

As for AaO....I am going to work on that next....

Thanks for the comments....

The BeaStKid