Hey dude,

Cool first chapter! I really like the way you introduced the characters and showed us their dynamic. T'Luk had a great introduction as well and it certainly seems like one of those romantic movie type meetings.

I seldom read Sci-Fi and I haven't seen very many episodes of Star Trek, but I was still able to easily follow what was going on, so well done!

-Kevin

Hiya,

Thanks for the reply, I'm glad you are enjoying the story so far!

I wanted to make the story easy for those who had never watched Star Trek, but without being patronising to those who do. I'm pleased that you were able to follow it easily. B)

Thanks again!

EmulatedLove

• Site Moderator
Hey dude,

Cool first chapter! I really like the way you introduced the characters and showed us their dynamic. T'Luk had a great introduction as well and it certainly seems like one of those romantic movie type meetings.

-Kevin

I have to agree with Kevin on this one. It is refreshing to see a Vulcan described in this fashion. Maybe with the exception of Mr. Spock, most Vulcan's are portrayed as being stiff.

As a Star Trek fan, I think you did a fine job of briefly touching on what had happened without going into great detail.

Jan

• 3 weeks later...
  • Site Moderator

Interesting chapter. I would have thought that a Vulcan would be a little harder to come on too. I'm surprised that Alex and Kai didn't try to get an answer to what certain marriages can be waved.

I had to giggle when T'Luk responded to Kai's whispered I love you with 'me too'. I've been hit a few times for saying that.

I'm glad to see you included the recycling bit. That's something that you didn't see or hear much about on the TV show, except for maybe occasionally on Voyager.

Hiya,

Thanks for the replys, I'm glad that you are both enjoying the story so far.

@VampBoi - Welcome to the forums! I can see where you are coming from, there is not a lot of choice when it comes to gay Star Trek fanfiction which is a shame because there could be many more stories out there based in this setting. Chapter 3 will be posted around mid-October.

@TalonRider - I had a decision, I could have had Kai chasing a standard T'Luk for several chapters without much development, or I make T'Luk receptive to the relationship from the beginning. Much of the story later on requires this relationship to be in place, so I chose the latter.

Yes, why did T'Luk not answer their question to the full? hmmm? ;)

I simply used "me too" because T'Luk wouldn't have easily been able to explain his "feelings" towards Kai, and while they may not be comparable to love, he wanted to tell Kai that he was interested. This will be explained further in later chapters.

Recycling- I wanted to show some everyday situations where it would be just that bit easier to be living in the 24th century.

Thanks again for the posts guys!

EmulatedLove

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Thanks for the reply Talon, I'm glad you enjoyed this chapter. As for the Pon Farr, we know it occurs every 7 years, and with Kai being 21 and T'Luk being 'around' his age...-Ill let you finish that one.

In other news, Chapter 4 will be released in about a week.

Thanks again!

EmulatedLove

• Site Moderator

Some action with this chapter. And I'm referring to the sudden attack on the shuttle craft.

I only have two questions. Was the away team rescued in time to warn the fleet, and, who will be changing quarters soon? And yes, I know, these answers and more in coming chapters.

Hi Artchase,

Thank you for the comment and welcome to the forums! ;)

I'm glad that you enjoyed the action in this chapter, I had been planning on finishing the opening paragraph of chapter one, I just needed to find the right moment to put it in.

Chapter 5 will be released in around two weeks time.

Thanks!

EmulatedLove

As for the Pon Farr, we know it occurs every 7 years, and with Kai being 21 and T'Luk being 'around' his age...-Ill let you finish that one.

Well If I do the math 21 goes into 7 three times and as i doubt he had his pon farr at 7 or 14 he is about due for his first one...??? Hehehe Lucky Kai!!! Can't wait.....

Applause For the original Star trek Story with original charicters. Great story so far im on baited breath

• Site Moderator
Well If I do the math 21 goes into 7 three times and as i doubt he had his pon farr at 7 or 14 he is about due for his first one...??? Hehehe Lucky Kai!!! Can't wait.....

Applause For the original Star trek Story with original charicters. Great story so far im on baited breath

I have agree that this should be his first time to go thru it. In "The Search for Spock," Spock had just reached adulthood when he went thru the pom farr. It can also be a time of violence. I think it's more about the bonding between Vulcans and not so much the sex.

Hi Guys,

Welcome to the forum Korey Mcanaw and thank you for your kind comments. I can't tell you a lot, but let's just say that your math is flawless.

Both you and Talon are correct in assuming that most Vulcans don't experience the Pon Farr until early adulthood. -Hint

In the series they didn't really explain what happens during the Pon Farr if the Vulcan in question has a partner. But like you said Talon, I'd imagine that it is just as sensual as it is sexual. Let us hope that when the time occurs T'Luk doesn't accidentally break Kai, otherwise he'd be really screwed.

Thanks!

EmulatedLove

• Site Moderator

If I remember correctly, I think some kind of linking takes place at an early age that kinds link the male and female Vulcans. Not a lot is know about it about it since it is an extremely personal experience and Vulcans don't like to talk about it.

But at least The Doctor game up with a holographic cure for T'Vok.

If I recall it is a time of spiritual Mating. If one's mate is present it is peacful and loving it is the one time in a vulcans life when they fully experiance emotion and (Love).

How ever the Vulcans Violent Emotional Tendencys may come out if there is a challenge for the vulcans mate or if the vulcans mate is not present.

Think a Male version of menopause only it is recuring, Homones and Emotions all over the place.

Hiya!

@Talon- Yes there is a spiritual bonding that takes place however this was "invalidated" of sorts when T'Luk told his parents that he was gay.

There wont be any holographic cure for T'Luk to use as he will use Kai instead.

@Korey- I am going to approach it from a spirituality point of view, besides it's A Vulcan's Love, not A Klingon's Love. :P We'd better hope that Kai is nearby when T'Luk needs him.

Thanks!

EmulatedLove

• Site Moderator

Oh, I'm not saying the holodeck would be used as a treatment with Kai on board. It's something that could be used when the mate isn't onboard, tho it wouldn't be quite the same.