[Altimexis] Double Trouble by Altimexis

Being raised in a family where my mother and I have always suspected that my retired Green Beret father is gay, and myself being at the end of a six year relationship with a married man with two sons in their mid twenties, and a wife who once dreamed her husband and I were having an affair, I can relate.

I just think it's a stretch to picture "Ward and June Cleaver" accepting such things so gracefully.

Don't get me wrong, it's a great and well written story, and I know of similar relationships. I just don't know of any that are THAT damned happy about it!

BUT, like Judy Tenuda says, "It could happen!" Posted Image

• 4 months later...

Wow, i just gotta say that that was one of the best short stories that ive ever read, granted that i havent read too many short stories, but that was still head and shoulders above anything else.

They make such a cute couple too, just thought i should add that :)

• 1 month later...

I don't believe it!

I had read Double trouble once before and loved it. But it was a very long time ago and on Nifty. Odd that I would look through your list of titles and pick the same one.

I enjoy stories of young love and in fact that is what I write. So perhaps that is why I picked that one. I love the style of your writing. Well rounded and thought out. Great depth of character and colorful words that build wordflowers that excite the minds eye.

Knowing that I enjoy young love, what of yours would you recommend next? I intend to enjoy them all of course.

• 7 months later...

I enjoyed the story, as I've enjoyed other stories by this writer, they are well written. But I felt this was much too optimistic, I'm sorry. I think the reality would be a lot of lives messed up and perhaps that would make an even better story.

But thanks for the story all the same.

• 3 months later...