[Cia] Changing Focus by Cia

I love the picture that begins it. Is it water, clouds, smoke, thought?

That was a truly touching and beautiful story as delicately written as all your work. It is breathtaking in scope even though not in events. The world on the eye of a pin. Simply wonderful

Great story Cia, thanks for sharing it with us. I loved the way tou incorperated the theme of the antho into the story, it was very well done. Sean and Jason have a very real feel to them. I enjoyed it.

• Like 1

Oh well. I guess the price I have to pay for taking so long to read this lovely story is to watch as everyone grabs the words I was going to use.

However, nobody used *cute* so I will, because it really is..

Very mellow and easy.

Thanks!

• Site Administrator

Thank you so very much Cia
:worship:

I really enjoyed this story. The building of Sean's confidence around Jason was fun and interesting to watch. Even in his unbearable pain Sean wasn't willing to accept help or lose a piece of his independence with a guy who he was quickly falling for. Eventually Jason's charms and innocence won over Sean and then they began to become friends.

I wonder if there is some symbolism of your real life in this story Cia
:D
A small petite person and the large strong one, and tied together with a camera it made me get a warm feeling all over.

Well done Cia, be proud of your work.

Steve

Oh my. I didn't see that coming.

If I'm being honest, I didn't feel particularly interested at the very outset of the story, so I was rather shocked when I began to feel like I was being drawn into the story of Sean and Jason. I mean, it's such a simple concept, but the story evoked lots of emotions from me. Sean and Jason aren't the type of characters that I'd typically want to read about, so the fact that I didn't want the story to end is a testament to your ability as a writer and storyteller. I'll definitely be investigating what other material you have floating about on the site.

Thom x

• Site Administrator

A nice simple happy story, which leaves me hoping I am not as obessive as Sean, I have only one hard disc [30GB] full of photos.

Mebbe... idk :P What do you think? I think there is room for a few more... GB's.

"Think gross things, girls, grandma aged girls, rotten garbage, peanut butter"

omg, that had me laughing longer than it should have. haha

LOL, yes, silly and off the wall wasn't it? I was hoping at least someone would catch that and laugh. Thanks for fulfilling my hope.

I wonder if there is some symbolism of your real life in this story Cia :D A small petite person and the large strong one, and tied together with a camera it made me get a warm feeling all over.

Steve

Well idk, lol. I think that is probably part of it. Write what you know and all.

For everyone who liked this and let me know, both off and on this topic a very big THANKS! I wasn't exploring anything new or big, I didn't want angst or a complicated or passion filled plot. It was just a simple quiet story that came to me and fit the theme in a way that I thought might be a bit unique. Some of the comments and situational bits come from me and some come from my imagination. I will say this was a lot of fun to sit down and write. Thanks again everyone!

• Site Administrator

Oh my. I didn't see that coming.

If I'm being honest, I didn't feel particularly interested at the very outset of the story, so I was rather shocked when I began to feel like I was being drawn into the story of Sean and Jason. I mean, it's such a simple concept, but the story evoked lots of emotions from me. Sean and Jason aren't the type of characters that I'd typically want to read about, so the fact that I didn't want the story to end is a testament to your ability as a writer and storyteller. I'll definitely be investigating what other material you have floating about on the site.

Thom x

You gave me just about the best compliment that I have ever been given since I started writing next year. I have often had that feeling at the beginning of a story and the fact that I managed to overcome your indifference and get you emotionally involved in the story is wonderful! Thanks so much for leaving this review. I hope you enjoy what you find. I also have a few more projects in the works.

Thanks!!!

• 1 month later...

I agree with Hamen Cheese - "Think gross things, girls, grandma aged girls, rotten garbage, peanut butter" I thought I was going to laugh myself silly. Reminds me of when my oldest joined the swim team at 12 and he asked me, "Dad, I feel almost naked like everyone's gawking at my dick. How do I keep from boning up?"

He had an ancient English teacher, Ms Dill. I looked at him and smiled, "Ms Dill naked, laying on the beach." He wrinkled up his nose, "That'll work!"

This was a great story. I'm such a sucker for a happy ending. I was so sucked into it that when they got to the parking lot I'm like, "Hello? A ride to his car. . . tell him it's a stick . . . you have a sudden pain. Something!"

It was a delightfully crafted ending.

Thanks

Ricky

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • Site Administrator

Thank you, Gabriel! This was a fun story for me because I identified a lot with Sean's character. I've done some stupid things to get pictures, not to mention uncomfortable positions to be twisted into just to get that one shot I'm looking for. Once I chased a bee around a field for a half hour just trying to get the perfect shot! I will admit to a bit of judicious editing of this after it moved to GA Stories, but mostly just punctuation and such. I didn't know as much then as now, which is why most of my older stories are slowly being edited. I'm glad you liked the story! Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment.