Welcome to Gay Authors

Confused? Check out our FAQ guide to using Gay Authors. I am here to ... Read Write Socialize

If you need assistance, click  Contact Us  on the bottom of all the pages. You can remove this help box by  Signing In  or  Creating An Account  for free today!

Community Status Updates

What a perfect ending to a perfectly shitty day...I get home to find that the dog has shit in my bedroom. :(
Today, 10:48 PM

I'm writing.. I'll try to get the chapter finished this week for sure. :)
Today, 09:04 PM

Chapter 50! The Cockney Canuck
Today, 07:53 PM

Received a letter from the VA advising my wife (who I haven't seen since 11/10) has deceased. Somethings take longer than others, but in the end you're still left with that hole that needs repair.
Today, 07:22 PM

Hope kitt finishes the editing by Saturday
Today, 06:41 PM

Chapter 56 is posted for ‘A Taste of Desire’ (final wrap-up). Big thanks to everyone who’ve kept with it till the end, you’re all awesome! I hope you enjoy
Today, 05:57 PM
  • Mikiesboy's Photo
    Great story. I'll certainly be re-reading it..
    Today, 07:47 PM
  • Lisa's Photo
    Omg, Arazon! I have soooo many chapters to catch up on!!!! :(
    Today, 08:23 PM
  • Headstall's Photo
    Thank you for an amazing story... an amazing journey...
    Today, 08:51 PM

OMG! A checkout clerk at a local grocery gave me a 10% senior discount without my having asked for it. Oh no!
Today, 05:28 PM

Mom after being at osteopath for a backache. "It's so good! He manhandled me and touch my scrotum bone and now I don't hurt anymore" ROFL
Today, 03:41 PM
  • Valkyrie's Photo
    LMAO You made me choke on my drink! LOL
    Today, 04:05 PM
  • Krista's Photo
    Oh, mothers.. lol. They say the darndest things. :D
    Today, 05:26 PM
  • clochette's Photo
    Lol I made her look online what it is. Clearly it was the "bone" she was talking about...
    Today, 05:28 PM

1 more day and my newest eBook release is live! I'm getting excited to see what readers think. :) Coming from the GA community, I always engage readers/reviewers (against publisher advice) because this place has taught me how important that connection is!
Today, 01:51 PM
  • Myr's Photo
    I definitely think not engaging is old school publishing. You can't do that today in the age of social media
    Today, 03:21 PM
  • spikey582's Photo
    I agree, social media has made a lot of authors more engaged with their readers, even if they don't actually respond to reviews (which is probably better not to for published stuff) they still interact a lot more than they used to
    Today, 07:13 PM
  • Cia's Photo
    It is On Fire, Gary. Funny, my FB Queer Sci-fi group just talked about whether or not authors' social media affects choices buyers make. Giving off the wrong impression can cause people not to buy your work, but rarely prompts them to buy it just because it's your name. I do reply to reviews on Goodreads, but only those which give constructive feedback or compliments. I ignore the people who are clearly digging or writing hateful reviews with no basis in logic or fact.
    Today, 07:21 PM

I've renamed the photo on your say so. :-)
Today, 12:58 PM
  • sandrewn's Photo
    Oh, WOW. As long as you (also) believe it to be a Cedar, that is great!
    Today, 01:18 PM

Since January 11, 2015, I have posted over half a million words on GA with about another 50, 000 words written... thank you GA for giving me a place to do this :)
Today, 10:48 AM
  • LitLover's Photo
    Well we are blessed you decided to take the plunge with that very first word, Gary.
    Today, 05:39 PM
  • Reader1810's Photo
    And what a lucky day that was for us too! :D!!
    Today, 06:05 PM
  • Headstall's Photo
    Thanks, Lit and Reader xoxo
    Today, 06:22 PM

I've got a cold. Throat hurt, my eyes are watering on their own. I'm tired.
Today, 07:09 AM
  • Zombie's Photo
    poor Clo :(
    Today, 12:22 PM
  • Cia's Photo
    Nasty munge is going around here too. Gargle with a cup of hot salt water for your throat, lots of honey and lemon or just tea after, and a warm compress over your eyes/nose while you're resting at an incline (not all the way on your back) might ease some of the sinus pressure likely relating to your eyes watering. Feel better!
    Today, 01:44 PM
  • clochette's Photo
    Thanks guys (and for the tips too) ;)
    Today, 02:03 PM

Research day! Headed to a rally for one of the Presidential candidates. Notepad and camera all ready.
Today, 06:41 AM
  • Carlos Hazday's Photo
    Pretty good. I went more for the attendants than the candidate. Both were fascinating. Did a TV interview. Flirted with a cute Secret Service agent. I think the size of the crowd surprised campaign staff. The place was packed and the Fire Marshall wouldn't let more people in way before the candidate took the stage.
    Today, 06:18 PM
  • Carlos Hazday's Photo
    Favorite moment was when a lady congratulated me on being eloquent after the interview. I told her my goal was to prove a tattooed biker wasn't necessarily a thug. She admitted when she first saw me what came out of my mouth didn't match her preconceived notion. We were in line and I could have gone home happy right there.
    Today, 06:21 PM
  • Reader1810's Photo
    Flirting? That doesn't sound like "research" to me. ... lol Glad you had a good time and learned a lot. As for the reaction to your interview, it's pretty cool that you could alter a person's preconceived notions for the better. :)

Today, 06:59 PM

Woke up, ate breakfast, and my body decided to be violently sick. Just how I wanted to start my day!
Today, 06:31 AM
  • Efmaer's Photo
    Hubby shared the flu?
    Today, 08:33 AM
  • Sasha Distan's Photo
    No, but little man did!
    Today, 03:09 PM
  • Efmaer's Photo
    Yuck. Wait until he's in school. My mother was a bus driver for the school district for over a decade and she got sick in August and stayed that way until June from the germy little darlings.
    Today, 10:46 PM

I`m taking my six year old son for the first time to the Pergamon Museum today. I was around his age, when I visited it for the first time. Led to a life long attraction. So curious, what he thinks about seeing this monumental Pergamon altar and the Ischtarportal and Street of Babylon in it´s much over 2000 year old perfection.
Today, 01:22 AM
  • Puppilull's Photo
    Experiencing that with a child is almost like seeing it for the first time. Hope you have fun!
    Today, 01:53 AM
  • AC Benus's Photo
    It's a wonderful place. Like all great museums, even its coffee shop is impressive (for tired feet) :)
    Today, 08:33 AM
  • Lyssa's Photo
    We had an awesome day. And he really was enchanted by the treasures and artwork.
    Today, 10:33 AM