[Luc] Lightning on the Water by Luc

• Site Administrator

A tale of broken love, shattered dreams, and painful memories. :(

Kevin thought he had a great life, until he found Matthew in bed with another guy. Ten years together -- ended.

I really felt the pain of both characters in this story -- Luc has done an excellent job of showing how each character remembers and regrets. Naturally, Kevin was the one who showed the most hurt. The pause where Matthew mentioned that Jason was at home was poignant. More than anything else, that showed me the depth of their previous relationship -- Kevin was upset simply because he thought Matthew was no longer calling the house on the island "home". But Matthew was hurting too. Almost every time the story focused on Matthew's thoughts, they were of fond memories or painful regrets for what he had done. The point where Matthew noticed that their bed was no longer in the bedroom was especially painful.

The explanation of what had happened, and why, was very believable. It only takes a moment or a single error of judgment to fall, and that's what happened. Kevin's reaction, in kicking out Matthew, was understandable, but I wonder if the time between that event, and the time of the story was what made the difference in Kevin finally being able to accept that a mistake had been made, and then deciding that maybe it was possible to forgive.

The ending was simply beautiful. Sometimes, "No" is the sweetest word you can hear... :wub:

Thanks for this story, Luc. As always, you wrote a beautiful tale. This time it's love seemingy lost but found all over again. Thank God for the rain storm. Hopefully Kevin and Matthew are going to be able to continue to heal and Kevin's forgiveness makes them a stronger couple.

I'm a big sappy romantic... a condition you highlighted as a simple word produced a very tactile sensation rolling through my shoulders, accentuated with an equally adoring set of misty eyes.

Thank you Luc :worship::wub:

Steve

Wow! What a tale! Beautifully written!

:worship:

I always find it difficult to read stories of betrayal by a loved one, someone you trusted. I feel like I'm on a rack being stretched in every direction. It's unbearable pain, coming from your very core.

I think you should have added a caution to this story. Something like this...

Be forewarned! Your heart is about to be ripped from your chest! Have chocolate handy. Plan for some recovery time.

Conner :(

:worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::worship:

Beautiful, touching, poignant tale. You've done a marvellous job in projecting the emotional turmoil the couple goes through. Loved it right till the end.

Thanks for giving us this story!!

goodjob.gif

The BeaStKid

Be forewarned! Your heart is about to be ripped from your chest! Have chocolate handy. Plan for some recovery time.

This would have been a great idea as I chose to read this at work. It's hard to hide your tears when you're on display in a cube.

Wonderful story Luc! Iwas spellbound by the imagery. The feelings and raw emotion were almost overwhelming. Even though it had a happy ending I was left feeling bittersweet.

I loved the location! Where can I buy a house on an island?

:worship::worship::worship::worship::worship:

I loved the location! Where can I buy a house on an island?

Ever read Enid Blyton's Famous Five series?? A girl name Georgina (prefers to be called George) inherited an island from her mother which had ruins of a castle and beautiful caves on it....Ever since reading that, I've wanted an island of my own!!!

LOL

The BeaStKid

Thanks for that, Luc! :D A lot of authors tend to be somewhat glib when it comes to describing their creative process. So, yeah, thanks for that wee trip inside your head.

Thanks to Ieshwar for asking the question. :2thumbs:

Btw, Luc, another reason to continue writing is that we (your fans) would have to stalk you if you stopped. You don't want that, do you? :P

Think of it in terms of the Eagles' song 'Hotel California'.....you can check out any time you want, but you can never leave.

:wub:

Conner

Hey Luc,

Well wow this story is just something complete and refreshing, raw, and real. Some parts of the story had me sitting amazed at how alive and visioned the thoughts, feelings, and what they saw and such. I always take a second to read over something in a story that I liked and I had to stop and re-read some of your paragraphs a couple of times before moving on. :)

You get the sense that you somehow understand love better after reading the story.

It's just a great story that had me thinking that more people should find love exactly the same way. Even if it was surrounded by tradgedies and memories neither character would want to remember.

I said I was going to read it and shew I'm disappointed I hadn't started sooner.. :):wub:

Krista

• 2 weeks later...

Is it kind of bad that I didn't expect/want them to end up back together, that is to say IF they eventually do end up back together. As we all know that reconciliations, though the favored outcome don't always work out, especially if Kevin had started to see the changes in their individual personalities, goals, and directions in life. Sometimes people just grow apart without noticing it, and maybe after this event Kevin found that he needed to find dependence in himself rather than others, to lead his life. Either way regardless of the outcome, this story was great, I love it when you can feel the emotion portrayed through the characters.

• Like 1