[DomLuka] Which Dom character do you want to BE?

Which Dom character do you want to be?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Which Protagonist do you want to be?

• Owen (TLW)
    • Quinn (TOU)
    • Rory (DD)
    • Nelson (WT)
    • Frank (TOSOM)
    • Dennis (ITFB)
    • Travis (ITFB)
  2. 2. Which Boyfriend/love interest/secondary character do you want to be?

• Aiden (TLW)
    • Jude (TOU)
    • Luke (DD)
    • Seth (DD)
    • Milo (WT)
    • Oliver (TOSOM)
    • David (TOSOM)
    • Dennis (ITFB)
    • Travis (ITFB)
  3. 3. Which male supporting character do you want to be?

• Ryan (TLW, ITFB)
    • Tony (TLW)
    • Chris (TLW, ITFB)
    • Adam (TLW)
    • Nicky (TLW, ITFB)
    • Reilly (TLW)
    • Taylor (TOU)
    • Brad (TOU)
    • Dave (DD)
    • Caleb (WT)
    • Joe (WT)
    • Jame (WT)
    • Jay (TOSOM)
    • Ben (TLW, ITFB)
    • Kyle (ITFB)
  4. 4. Which Gal Pal do you want to be?

• Lacy (TLW)
    • Bree (TOU)
    • Trina (TOU)
    • Marissa (TOU)
    • Angela (DD)
    • Haily (WT)
    • Jenny (TOSOM)
  5. 5. Which villain do you want to be?

• Dennis (TLW)
    • Janie (TLW)
    • Lyle (TLW)
    • Mr. Johns (TOU)
    • Aaron (DD)
    • Jame (WT)
    • Brandon (WT - only if you think he is/will be a villain)
    • Brian Martin (TOSOM)
    • Mary Martin (TOSOM)
    • David (TOSOM)
    • Mr. Gordon (TLW, ITFB)
    • Lyle (TLW, ITFB)
    • Sara (ITFB)
    • Bill (ITFB)

Hi all!

I thought it would be fun to do a poll to see which Dom character in each category we, the readers, would most like to be. Remember, this is all in fun, hopefully we're all content with who we are as people.

For the TLW and ITFB crew I put in parentheses which story I felt you should consider. In other words Owen is only an option as "protagonist" in TLW, not ITFB, Aiden is only a boy friend/love interest/secondary character in TLW, Dennis is only a villain in TLW and only a protagonist in ITFB, etc.

I picked Nelson as the protagonist I would want to be. I personally wouldn't be interested in Milo at all, and if I did become Nelson moving on would be my first order of business :P , but of the options he's the one who went through the least pain/hard times who was also IMO the coolest, cutest, "funnest" to be. Owen is my favourite protagonist, but he went through way too much cruddy stuff to want to be him. Quinn had a good life, great friends and family, and a super-hot boyfriend, but he was just...Quinn :P . Rory went through a buncha pain, people lied to him, and he was kinda...Rory. Frank just isn't a cool or cute as Nelson, although he (or maybe Owen despite what he went through) would have been my second choice. I'd never want to be Dennis - too much crap and he just doesn't know how to handle his emotions, and Travis went through way too much stuff too, and again is kinda closed off emotionally. So yeah, Nelson. Best adjusted, happiest, best family (or at least, least familial tribulations, etc.)

For Boyfriend/love interest/secondary character I picked Jude. It was definitely either Jude or Luke (Seth was a distant 3rd, but far ahead of the rest). In the end I think Jude's a slightly more admirable, loving, HOT individual, but Luke's pretty high on these traits too. Seth has them as well, just not to the same extent, and not in that exciting way, that Jude and Luke do. In the end part of it came down to preferring to have Jude's straight hair than Luke's curly. :P:boy: So yeah Jude.

For Male Supporting Character I picked Taylor. Love the hair, love the style, love the 'tude. Don't get me wrong, Ryan's definitely my favourite character in this category...I just wouldn't want to be straight. :wacko: Ben's a very viable option too. Chris and Nicky also both appeal to me, but less so than the other three I mentioned. None of the rest I'd want to be at all. So yeah Taylor with Ryan and Ben as reserves.

For Gal Pal I picked Trina. Don't get me wrong, Lacy and Bree are WAY cooler, but this way I get to be a lesbian!! :D

For Villain I picked Aaron. No contest! He's the hottest, looks like he has the most fun, and manages to show very little remorse while still appearing to have an inner goodness not quite destroyed. If you're going to walk on the dark side, at least have fun with it! All the rest of the villains were just crazy, pathetic, or just didn't enjoy it. :P

SO, who do you want to be?

Take care all and have an awesome day!

Kevin

Edited by AFriendlyFace

I picked Owen, because I think I'd like to have an Aiden in my life. He's also the most normal of the protagonists, with the exception of Nelson, who is too normal.

For the second category, I chose Luke because he is an all-around stand-up guy who is there for his friends.

I picked Ryan for the secondary male character, because he is a great person, and the most well-developed secondary character.

If I were I girl, I would be Lacy or Angela (voted for Lacy.) They're just the two girls I find most appealing in the stories.

And for villain, I'd pick...Aaron! Because being Brian Martin just doesn't seem like all that much fun... :P

Menzo

PS FOr those of you who are wondering, YES, I am biased towards DD and TLW

For Protagonist, I picked Owen because it would have been cool to kick Dennis' ass and live with my two older brothers.

For the boyfriend I'd want to be, I picked Seth :boy: . I like baseball caps and I'd like being part of the family business. I also like rollerblading, so ice skating would have been fun.

For supporting character I wanted to be, I picked Nicky. He was athletic & buff, and very loyal. I also liked how he didn't really know how to handle his feelings and he usually did so by hitting someone.

For Gal Pal, I'd want to be Bree. I love the way she threw herself at guys and I like to cook as much as she does.

And finally for villain, I'd pick Aaron. He was hot and got a lot of play. And he had awesome pickup/flirty lines 'I don't want to be friends' :wub: .

Take Care®,

Vic

UGH!!! All of these choices and I only get to pick one out of each category? Well, the first three were easy. I picked Nelson for my choice of protagonist, Milo for my BF, for supporting character I picked Caleb, maily because if I'd have gone with my other choice, i would have to walk around being known as ASSFACE, and I don't think that's a good fit for me (I hope not).

My galpal pick was Bree :wub::wub::wub: and my villian choice was Jame, because if I have to be called assface, I might as well be a good looking assface who may or may not have messed around with Milo Trust. :)

BTW, you left a few people out of categories I think they belonged in....

BF: Harrison Polk

Gal Pal: Grandma Alice

Villian: Luke

I don't understand why everyone wants to be Owen.. The only positive is good sex an cool brothers. He's a really stuffed up kid and was beaten and rejected by his parents.

Nelson is definitely the best option. Very well balanced and in a nurturing environment and I'm sure great sex will ensue with Milo soon enough. He also has a cool brother.

Other possibilities:

Gal Pal: Brad's mom, Reilly's mom

Villain: Grandma Alice, Eddie, Rory's mom, Aaron's brother, Jude's mom, Quinn's mom, Owen's parents, etc.

I believe I see a pattern.

I've never noticed the mother-hating pattern before. Cool.

O and u missed out Aiden's mother- she was the most evil. Couldn't stand her.

Edited by writeincode
Here, I chose Aaron. He got laid with Luke and Rory! What I want more…. :P

And Seth no doubt ;)

*looks uneasy*

I had thought that a djin would appear and transform me into one of them. :(

Haha! Well perhaps next time!

I picked Ryan for the secondary male character, because he is a great person, and the most well-developed secondary character.

Yes, I remember Ryan being well-developed :whistle:

BTW, you left a few people out of categories I think they belonged in....

BF: Harrison Polk

Gal Pal: Grandma Alice

Villian: Luke

Yes, I wanted to include "male family" and "female family" categories, but they only allowed 5 questions and I felt that the other 5 were more relevant and that the people in question wouldn't really have fit into them.

I did consciously leave out Harrison Polk and Dom's other short stories for the sake of brevity.

Other possibilities:

Gal Pal: Brad's mom, Reilly's mom

Villain: Grandma Alice, Eddie, Rory's mom, Aaron's brother, Jude's mom, Quinn's mom, Owen's parents, etc.

I believe I see a pattern.

Personally, I never did see Grandma Alice, Eddie, Rory's mom, or Quinn's mom as "villains". The term "villain" seems a little harsh for Aaron's brother too. Jude's mom and Owen's parents probably would have fit nicely into the category though, but I didn't think they were well-developed enough to slink in (that and I pretty much forgot about them 0:) )

I've never noticed the mother-hating pattern before. Cool.

Hmm, good observation! Let's see if we can recall positive mothers:

TLW: Ryan's mom, Angie. Reilly's mom I guess

TOU: Brad's mom. (I think) Quinn's mom (definitely ambiguous though).

DD: (I think) Rory's mom. Maybe Seth's mom?

WT: Nelson's mom.

TOSOM: Frank's mom.

ITFB: None that I can think of.

Bad moms:

TLW: Owen's mom. Aiden's mom. Dennis' mom. Nicky's mom (?)

TOU: Trina's mom. Jude's mom. (some would say Quinn's mom)

DD: Luke's mom. Aaron's mom. (I really don't think Rory's mom)

WT: Milo's mom (maybe??).

TOSOM: David and Oliver's mom.

ITFB: Travis' (foster) mom.

So yeah, bad mom's do seem to outnumber good mom's in the Dom world! I think fathers are more generally absent or tend to fair better when they are there...let's see

Good Dads:

TLW: Reilly's dad. Aiden's dad (only from memories, but he sounded positive)

TOU: Brad's dad.

DD: Eddie, Rory's dad. (Jase was sorta dad like too). Seth's dad.

WT: Nelson's dad. Milo's dad (?? I think).

TOSOM: Frank's dad.

ITFB: Dennis' dad (???? Probably not, but he's certainly looking better in this incarnation).

Bad Dads:

TLW: Owen's dad. Dennis' dad.

TOU: Jude's dad (?? I don't remember him being as big a deal as his mom, but I think he was there and crappy)

DD: Aaron's dad.

WT: none that I can think of

TOSOM: Brian Martin

ITFB: Travis' (foster) dad, Bill.

SO, we have:

-8 good moms (with Rory's and Quinn's being somewhat debatable, but this is where I'd put them. And with Seth's mom not being heavily present in the story).

-11 bad moms (if you don't count Rory and Quinn's and if you DO count Milo and Nicky's, which is how I'd do it)

-8 good dads (if you do count Aiden's and Milo's and don't count Jase, or Dennis' (ITFB). Which again is how I'd do it)

-6 bad dads (if you do count Jude's, again how I'd do it)

So yeah, we have about the same number of positive male and female parents but almost twice as many unfit mothers as fathers.

Just for kicks:

Good sisters:

TLW: none that I can recall

TOU: Bree

DD: Seth's little sister (anyone recall her name?)

WT: none that I can recall

TOSOM: Frank's little sister. Jay's little sister.

ITFB: none that I can recall

Bad sisters:

TLW: Janie (not the capacity in which I'd define her at all)

TOU: none that I can recall

DD: none that I can recall

TOSOM: none that I can recall

ITFB: none that I can recall

Brothers seem to play a larger role.

Good Brothers:

TLW: Tony. Chris. Asher.

TOU: (Jude had a brother whom if I recall cared about him but disliked the homosexuality, so he's pretty ambiguous)

DD: none that I can recall

WT: Nelson's brother (can't even recall his name anymore).

TOSOM: David (I think, overall).

ITFB: Alan.

Bad Brothers:

TLW: Lyle.

TOU: (same problem with Jude's brother)

DD: Aaron's brother

TOSOM: (only if you count David)

ITFB: none (Still Lyle, but he's already been counted).

SO

-4 good sisters

-1 bad sister

-6 good brothers (if you don't count Jude's)

-2 bad brothers (if you don't count Lyle twice and once again don't count Jude's)

So brothers seem to crop up a bit more often than sisters, and tend to fair slightly better in terms of good vs. evil. In general it also seems that siblings in general tend to be "good". We could even add another "good brother" if we want to count Aaron's youngest brother.

Have a fantastic day all!

Kevin

Edited by AFriendlyFace

I don't think I'd call Aaron's dad bad. I mean, he was pretty much a non-factor in most of the story until the accident, then he seemed like a good dad to me who suffered a tragedy and lashed out at Eddie and Jase (which is understandable since Eddie was in the other car, even if it wasn't his fault. He was grieving).

Also, I don't think Aaron had a bad mom either. She didn't like Luke, but that was because him and Aaron were caught creaking into a house and then, he was arrested for stealing that car. Could you possibly blame her?

Also, Milo's dad comes off as an arrogant prick in my opinion.

One more thing...

While Frank's dad is a jerk for abandoning his family, it takes two to destroy a marriage, and I think he at least half way redeemed himself at the end of the story, so he could be in either category.

And I think Glomph is definitely right about adding Owens parents and Jude's mom to the villian list. I think Grandma Alice could go there, but seeing how everyone wants to see Luke happy, let's not villify his woman.

I don't think I'd call Aaron's dad bad. I mean, he was pretty much a non-factor in most of the story until the accident, then he seemed like a good dad to me who suffered a tragedy and lashed out at Eddie and Jase (which is understandable since Eddie was in the other car, even if it wasn't his fault. He was grieving).

Also, I don't think Aaron had a bad mom either. She didn't like Luke, but that was because him and Aaron were caught creaking into a house and then, he was arrested for stealing that car. Could you possibly blame her?

I do agree with you about Aaron's parents with regards to these two points. However, I seem to remember that they were also homophobic and treated Aaron inferiorly to his brother. Then again it's been a long time since I've read DD and I might be mis-remembering. Also, I agree that we don't really have a clear handle on Aaron's parents since all the information we have about them pretty much comes from Aaron himself (again if I'm remembering correctly), and of course I wouldn't think anyone is the ideal candidate to give unbiased information about their own parents, and specifically Aaron might have had cause to embellish or downplay certain things.

Also, Milo's dad comes off as an arrogant prick in my opinion.

One more thing...

Yeah, he does to a large extent, but I have a feeling he's going to end up being a more complicated, multi-dimensional character than he is now.

While Frank's dad is a jerk for abandoning his family, it takes two to destroy a marriage, and I think he at least half way redeemed himself at the end of the story, so he could be in either category.

EXACTLY!! :worship:

And I think Glomph is definitely right about adding Owens parents and Jude's mom to the villian list. I think Grandma Alice could go there, but seeing how everyone wants to see Luke happy, let's not villify his woman.

*sigh* I would add them to the list, in fact I went back and tried to, but unfortunately I only have one more "villian" slot open (and no more "Male supporting character" slots), and since 1) we already started voting and adding people at this point might bias things, and 2) since I'd hate to pick only one of the suggestions made and since deleting someone already there, even if they didn't have any votes yet, would definitely seem "unfair" to me. I think I'll just have to leave it the way it is. Sorry everyone :(

-Kevin

Bad Dads?

WT: none that I can think of

SO, we have:

-8 good moms (with Rory's and Quinn's being somewhat debatable, but this is where I'd put them. And with Seth's mom not being heavily present in the story).

-11 bad moms (if you don't count Rory and Quinn's and if you DO count Milo and Nicky's, which is how I'd do it)

-8 good dads (if you do count Aiden's and Milo's and don't count Jase, or Dennis' (ITFB). Which again is how I'd do it)

-6 bad dads (if you do count Jude's, again how I'd do it)

In WT im pretty sure Milo's dad was bad.... Remember the whole wedding incident?

And I definitely think Quinn and Rory both had semi-villainous mothers that would be more appropriately categorized as 'semi-evil' but not really good like Brad or Ryan's mothers who seem sweet as sugar-cookies.

Edited by writeincode
In WT im pretty sure Milo's dad was bad.... Remember the whole wedding incident?

And I definitely think Quinn and Rory both had semi-villainous mothers that would be more appropriately categorized as 'semi-evil' but not really good like Brad or Ryan's mothers who seem sweet as sugar-cookies.

I don't know if Rory's mom was 'semi-evil.' She probably had a lot on her mind and wasn't thinking clearly when she arranged for him to go live with Eddie, which turned out to be a pretty good thing, actually.

Now Quinns mom is a different story altogether. That heffer had major issues, and was as ignorant as they come. She said it was a choice to be gay, and at that moment, I knew poor Quin was going to have issues with coming out to her (after he finished coming out to himself).

Protagonist = Nelson, that's easy.

Secondary Character = Seth. Yep. Relaxed guy, loving family... i though of Jude first but... i don't smoke B)

Male supporting character = Ryan, also an easy choice. Taylor crossed my mind, because basically i hang around with guys like him. But Ryan... some years ago i used to be friends with a guy very similar to Ryan in character and looks and i always admired him... :( whatevs...

Gal Pal = Angela. I would have chosen Bree if it wasn't for her mother.

Villain = Jame. Like a lot of you guys i thought of Aaron first but - don't you remember the end of DD? He lost his brother in that car-accident he caused... i wouldn't want to live with that. And if you look at Jame from another perspective, he might not even be bad after all... i mean, c'mon, these friends Nelson has are a bunch of pricks and i guess Jame's behaviour towards them is somewhat justified.

As I recall it's the soon to be step-mother that's causing all the problems, including - I think - manipulating Mr. Trust. I could be wrong though, it's been awhile since I read it, but that was the impression I got.

I don't know if Rory's mom was 'semi-evil.' She probably had a lot on her mind and wasn't thinking clearly when she arranged for him to go live with Eddie, which turned out to be a pretty good thing, actually.

I agree! I think Rory's mom was great, and I think she really did act in his best interests. Remember that she did try to contact Eddie prior to dying; she just didn't make it.

Now Quinns mom is a different story altogether. That heffer had major issues, and was as ignorant as they come. She said it was a choice to be gay, and at that moment, I knew poor Quin was going to have issues with coming out to her (after he finished coming out to himself).

Hmm, I don't quite agree with that. I think she definitely made a lot of mistakes and she also wasn't really involved enough in her kids' lives (like not noticing that (or at least not reacting to the fact that) Quinn spent all the time drugged up skipping school), but overall I think she really cared about them and tried to do her best for them. She even tried to look after Jude, and she did adjust to the fact that her son was gay, it just took her a little time. Not everyone starts off in the same place, at least she made the effort.

Villain = Jame. Like a lot of you guys i thought of Aaron first but - don't you remember the end of DD? He lost his brother in that car-accident he caused... i wouldn't want to live with that. And if you look at Jame from another perspective, he might not even be bad after all... i mean, c'mon, these friends Nelson has are a bunch of pricks and i guess Jame's behaviour towards them is somewhat justified.

Definitely agreed! From the very beginning I thought Nelson had awful taste in friends (and boyfriends :P ). As I've frequently said I think I'd like to see WT wrap up with Nelson making a new, nicer set of friends, and going after a new guy (maybe a certain hot football player? B) ). LOL, It'll never happen, but that's what I think he should do...

Take care all and have a great day!

Kevin

I'm still trying to figure out what 'Pool' has to do with this . Was it the pool at Eddie & Jase's house?

Either Kevin is giving a pool party at his place and is inviting all of us. (Hope this is the case and he pays for my tickets)

Or he has written 'Pool', instead o 'Poll'.

Ieshwar

I'm still trying to figure out what 'Pool' has to do with this :blink: . Was it the pool at Eddie & Jase's house?

Either Kevin is giving a pool party at his place and is inviting all of us. (Hope this is the case and he pays for my tickets)

Or he has written 'Pool', instead o 'Poll'.

Ieshwar

Tsk Tsk,

Clearly I meant it as "Pool your answers, guys! That way we can determine a consensus!". I just didn't want to be overly wordy. You guys know what a staunch supporter I am of concision in writing. 0:)

(at least that's my story and I'm sticking to it :boy: )

Still, to prevent any confusion I've edited my simple "pool" request to instead spell out my suggestion of "pooling" our answers in this thread. B)

-Kevin :rolleyes:

Edited by AFriendlyFace

Agreed. Agreed. Agreed.