• Site Administrator

Yike! You don't like making a challenge easy, do you? Personally, I don't think you can tell a story in 26 words. The best you could do is make one or more connected sentences. I'm going to have to think about this one.

Quivering behind veils of solitude, natural xenophobia ensured zealous, unrelenting dedication failed to rend my protections asunder. Keen yearning; jaded cynicism - lonely ghosts I'm haunted with.

:worship::worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

My new hero!!

That's also really profound - and more importantly well punctuated. :2thumbs::great:

I'll give a proverbial cake to the person who can write a coherent story following Beastkid's criteria with the additional stipulation that the words be in alphabetical order.

Menzo (Who's flattered, Kevin)

PS This reminds me of the French author Georges Perec who managed to write an entire book without using the vowel 'E.' To give some perspective, 'E' is the most commonly used letter in the French language. It reads awkwardly, but it's still a feat that astounds me.

• Site Administrator

A beautiful caterpillar died. Earnest friends gathered. Held in joint keeping, loving memories nailed on parchment. Quiet reflection saw time unfold. Vainglorious wings xenophobia. Yesterday’s zenith.

• Site Administrator

You may have the proverbial cake, but I think that 'Vainglorious wings xenophobia' stretches the definition of coherent :P Other than that, fantastic job! I tried and failed a couple of times.

Menzo (who, for the record, is a class-A proverbial baker)

It was the X Y Z that I had to force. The rest came out easily. I tried "Vain wings xylographically yielded zero", but I didn't think anyone would understand that.
  • Site Administrator

How about this one?

A beautiful caterpillar died. Earnest friends gathered. Held in joint keeping, loving memories nailed on parchment. Quiet reflection saw time unfold. Vibrant wings. Xerophyte's yearning zapped.

Alright, I'm going to try:

Nibbling his flesh, bare, underneath that xenophobia, a semblance of man lies. Quixotic justifications gone. Replaced with vicarious yearnings evolving into coveted dreams. Zealous passion known.

It's not quite a story as much as feeling translated into words, but I tried.

My badness...it should be better now.

Edited by Mr. Greg

Alright, I'm going to try:

Nibbling his flesh, bare, underneath that xenophobia, a semblance of man lies. Quixotic justifications gone. Replaced with vicarious visions evolving into coveted dreams. Zealous passion known.

It's not quite a story as much as feeling translated into words, but I tried.

Ahem... ? And there is no word with 'K'

• 3 weeks later...

Another Beautiful Calm Dawn Everybody Frolicked In The Grass & Happy Kids Swam Underwater.

People lay warmly in the sand basking in the glowing sun drinking margaritas.

LOL now did it have to be all different letters or could you use the same letter a few times?. Otherwise i was thinking of from A - Z like how i started in the beginning.

Another Beautiful Calm Dawn Everybody Frolicked In The Grass & Happy Kids Swam Underwater.

People lay warmly in the sand basking in the glowing sun drinking margaritas.

LOL now did it have to be all different letters or could you use the same letter a few times?. Otherwise i was thinking of from A - Z like how i started in the beginning.

all different...26 word story using all letters
  • 2 months later...

Having finished the novel God Loves, Man Kills, Quentin understood why his odd boyfriend Yves adored X-Men comics. Indeed, religious persecutors' very zealous jeers sting everyone direly.

I could barely pull that off (had to look up baby names for one that started with Y). I'm not trying to do it in order lol

• 1 month later...

Having finished the novel God Loves, Man Kills, Quentin understood why his odd boyfriend Yves adored X-Men comics. Indeed, religious persecutors' very zealous jeers sting everyone direly.

I could barely pull that off (had to look up baby names for one that started with Y). I'm not trying to do it in order lol

I like it. :D

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...