[Shadowgod] Dreams & Clipped Wings Ch. 9 - Leaving The Nest

B) ............Nope, I disagree, he was too naive on the protocol of using.

The quote wildone gave (not gonna quote again) clearly shows that Jonathan has used before. I don't know that he was "too naive. I suspect that, as is common in the using world, the shit that Lee had was significantly more pure than the shit that Jonathan had gotten in the past. Rather than not knowing what he was doing, he may simply have not known what the had.

I also find it amazing that CJ/Benji can so easily manufacture cliffs when there isn't one. I suppose that when all you are is a goat, everything looks like a cliff.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The quote wildone gave (not gonna quote again) clearly shows that Jonathan has used before. I don't know that he was "too naive. I suspect that, as is common in the using world, the shit that Lee had was significantly more pure than the shit that Jonathan had gotten in the past. Rather than not knowing what he was doing, he may simply have not known what the had.

I also find it amazing that CJ/Benji can so easily manufacture cliffs when there isn't one. I suppose that when all you are is a goat, everything looks like a cliff.

:o .............Me manufacturing cliffs, absurd!! :lol:

• Site Moderator
At this point, we don't know if he has died.

I'm going with 99% sure that he is dead, but I've been wrong before innocent.gif .

We can assume that he's dead or we can assume that he's alive, and we all know what assume means. Either way, we have 50/50 chance of being right.

• Site Administrator
:o .............Me manufacturing cliffs, absurd!! :lol:

Shouldn't this be actually be:

ACK SNOWY!!!

Me manufacturing cliffs, absurd!! :lol:

You know I would have nothing to do with cliffs 0:)

There, much better :P

We can assume that he's dead or we can assume that he's alive, and we all know what assume means. Either way, we have 50/50 chance of being right.

That assumes that his death or survival is totally random with equal probability when, in fact, it is not totally random. I suspect steve knows for sure if he is dead or alive, making there 100% chance that one group is 100% dead (or not dead) wrong.

Sorry, I seem to be in a pedantic mood

CJ, you can quote me ONLY if you quote the whole statement.

Cody may feel guilty for not answering the phone and talking to Jonathan. Would he feel any less guilty if he had talked to him and he dies of an overdose. At this point, we don't know if he has died.

At this point, I'd have to say that it's his brother that Joe trips over. He was waiting for the story to open.

Ahh, but that isn't the issue. We need to look at this from Cody's POV, and bear in mind that Cody does not know the details regarding Jonathon! Cody, who we have been shown, many times, already has serious problems regarding self-doubt and guilt, would see, or at least suspect, that his refusal to answer may have doomed Jonathon. Therin lies the Peril.

My take in it was that Jonathon has used before, but beginning somewhat recently. He may never have prepped the stuff solo before, and more to the point, he wasn't experienced enough to see the difference in appearance between, say, cocaine and Meth. The latter is far more potent, gram for gram, so a mistake could, quite literally, result in a fatal OD. That's my take on the "Verry different roar" line, anyway.

And I'd never, ever manufacture a cliff! Everyone knows that I'd never have anything to do with a cliff! As for Benji, if he was I or I was he, you do realise I'd have to ban myself, right? (multiple accounts are against the rules here, so :P )

And for pure, unarguable proof, I can always point to Benji's recent member title: "Allaroundniceguywho hangs around cliffs".

Is anyone seriously going to maintain that I, in any way, would EVER Sau that I hang around cliffs????

Also, I can point to numerous times where Benji has accused me of using cliffhangers.

So :P

That assumes that his death or survival is totally random with equal probability when, in fact, it is not totally random. I suspect steve knows for sure if he is dead or alive, making there 100% chance that one group is 100% dead (or not dead) wrong.

Sorry, I seem to be in a pedantic mood

I take it that what we have here is nothing less than a Schroedinger's Johnathon? :devil:

Okay, I'll close with a note to Wildone:

Wildone, I'm shocked, Shocked, at your cold and callous attitude towards Johnathon! True, he was bad news who Cody is better off without, but that is no possible justification for killing him! Were that true, most people in the world would be serial killers!

So, I am truly aghast that you could condone cold-blooded murder on such tenuous grounds! :P

I also note that, If Johnathon is indeed dead (And that particular cunnundrum is a cliffhanger in and of itself) then The Dark Evil Incarnate, Shadowgod, has yet again ratcheted up his already gruesome death toll!

CJ

On the bright side...I think Cody likes Zach. I know I do.

B) ............I think Codey is his only enemy here, he tries to push Zach away and is not succeeding, as he does have some feelings for Zach as well as Zach has confused response's from Codey. But those feelings are only guilt driven, Zach is a nice guy and as much as Codey tries to mold Zach as just a f**K, he can't. Codey is so 'f' up that he seeks all which can destroy him by distancing himself from anyone who cares. Joe will make him realize this sometime soon. His brother's arrival will help Codey in the long run in healing himself from his self-destruction.

• Site Moderator

You've hit upon something important Benji, the underlying issue of Cody's home life, or the lack there of. The treatment he's received from his mother, then not hearing anything from his brother. If this is his brother that's shown up at the door step, things are probably going to be changing. And hopefully for the better.

I think that Cody's brother, more so than Joe will be the catalyst for change in Cody. It is one thing to know that your family of origin has issues that have caused you serious problems, it is a much more significant thing to have a sibling agree and come to you out of either need or to offer support.

I think that Cody's brother, more so than Joe will be the catalyst for change in Cody. It is one thing to know that your family of origin has issues that have caused you serious problems, it is a much more significant thing to have a sibling agree and come to you out of either need or to offer support.

I personally think that it will be a combo of Zach and his brother that will help change Cody's mindset.

On a separate note amazing job!!!! Can't wait for more

Eric (who made it onto the list AGAIN thanks to a certain goat)

Hey.. all things are CJ's fault

Beautiful, as always.

Again, very well thought-through and built up. I ctrl-tabbed that chapter in Firefox before I ran off to school, and there's no net there, so chapter nine was all I had in the way of reading all day (....when I didn't want to do school work). So I read it a couple times of course, and every time I'd notice something new.

But honestly, now. I'm joining the Cody Liberation Front. I hate you and your cliffhangers.

Well, the cliffhangers are alright, really. It's just that you'll have to come with a new chapter, and FAST. If you don't, there'll be a strike. Or something.

• Site Administrator

I'm coming in late, but I've been away chasing CJ. Unfortunately, I had to return to Australia before I could track him down :(

Anyway, I thought this was a great chapter. The interaction between some of the characters is reaching a point where something is going to give -- and we still have the potential of Cody encountering Jacob and Matt at the party (assuming he goes). That event (if it happens) is going to be another jolt that may help Cody heal.

As for the body, I'm almost certain it's not Jonathan. Jonathan didn't know where he was, so it is extremely unlikely he would have been able to make it to The Old Goat bagelry, especially after a possible overdose. I agree with those who think Jonathan's taken an overdose because the drug wasn't what he thought it was. I didn't think of Cody's brother until it was mentioned in this thread, but I think that's the most likely person. The very short conversation between Cody and his mother a few chapters back indicated that Benjamin had disappeared and it's not unreasonable to assume he's gone to see Cody -- especially as Cody wouldn't chat with him online.

One of the things that I loved about the chapter was the talk between Cody and Zach. Cody tried to push Zach away, and then found he couldn't or didn't really want to. The interaction between the two was one where I could feel what was going on without the necessity for it to be spelt out.

Well done, Steve! :worship:

• 3 weeks later...
One of the things that I loved about the chapter was the talk between Cody and Zach. Cody tried to push Zach away, and then found he couldn't or didn't really want to. The interaction between the two was one where I could feel what was going on without the necessity for it to be spelt out.

I, too, liked the interaction between Cody and Zack, and found it very portentous. While the relationship has the trappings of a casual, occasional hook-up, there's evidently something more there.

This begs the question; what about Joe? Either he, or Zack, or both, is heading for a heartbreak.

I, too, think the meeting with Jacob (if it occurs) will be cathartic.

Looking forward to more!

I say...

Damon and Zack in the end

Joe and Cody in the end

Jonathan's dead....

The body belongs to his lil brother.

hrm, on the other side mayhaps Joe will be dead by the end of the series cause of Julie being the bitch that she is and cheating on him, and his own confusion in regards to Cody, (assuming nothing happens between him and Cody) may just push him over the edge and into suicide. Now i have to go whack myself over the head for reading a series that wasn't complete all cause I read CJames LTMP and Changing Lanes so i could meet Cody all over again.

But now that leaves one other question...

Who gets Brandon?

Hrm...sooo...when do we get the next couple chapters? we'll get one before my bday on the 18th right??? And another for Christmas? And then one on New Years???

Begging here,

Jonathan

• 1 month later...
  • Site Moderator
Know what would be fun?

More.

Just a thought. Not that I'm impatient or anything. *lying*

Can't wait for more!

That's the cliffhanger part. Waiting for the next chapter.

Oh, but that's cruel. And not great for my sanity.

Grr. <.<

^^ Nah, I'm good. I just finished rereading and it's just as frustrating coming to the end the second time around.

Edited by J.Ross
Oh, but that's cruel. And not great for my sanity.

Grr. <.<

^^ Nah, I'm good. I just finished rereading and it's just as frustrating coming to the end the second time around.

Well, I won't read a second time then. I just got around to reading it actually.

Let's see. Jonathon is just crazy! It saddens me that he's doing stuff like that. It looks like Zach and Cody are getting closer, and that could be a good thing. However, it looks like there could be a developing love triangle, and that means that someone is going to get left in the cold. Will it be Joe or Zach? :ph34r:

• 3 weeks later...

Steve!

Don't make me fly over to California to get the next chapter out of you via a sharp pointy stick!

Always loved your writing, always will. I'll make you a deal give me chapter 10 and I'll give you chapter 2 of FWWC :P