[Krista] Standing in Shadows

Loved the ticks scene, checked them out on Google and EWWWW!!! they can be a P-I-A! They "looked" so cute in the dance studio! The characters can really reel you in with their silliness, the looks they give each other and their shyness.

I'm so glad to be able to help you out with the chapters girl!

Anxiously waiting for Chapter 6!! :P

Lol, you googled Ticks? hmm.. I hope I didn't make anyone feel itchy? I mowed the lawn today and got three little ones off my legs.. and the dogs, I've recently put their meds on them.

Thanks for reading and editing. :wub:

• Site Administrator

Lol, I promise a few more chapters before I kill anyone off. :unsure:0:)

:o:o:o:o:o:o

How can you say that and use the 0:) smiley. You are actually the :devil: !!!

:D

I would call everything about these two a sort of dance. Just what Greg does or does not

know is a wonderful mystery, which adds to anticipation that runs through every moment

he and Corey spend together.

Even the thought of parasites gives me the creeps, and I would have been too busy freaking to think of jumping in the lake!

Thanks for a delightful chapter, Krista, and for your effort always. Needless to say we'll all be looking forward to the next one.

Tracy

p.s. Hey Wildone, I knew your name sounded familiar....

You're just a big tease! :angry:

That lake scene could have been a whole lot more satisfying! :P You made Greg chicken out. :(

Meanwhile, Corey seems oblvious... :lmao:

A TEASE! :angry: I'll have you know, I am no tease... lol. I am the MOST innocent author on this site. 0:)

:o:o:o:o:o:o

How can you say that and use the 0:) smiley. You are actually the :devil: !!!

:D

Lol. I'm learning a few things from ShadowGod and the goat... but I promise to just tip-toe the line between good and evil.. for the time being. :P

Ugh ticks!!!! I can't deal with the idea of macroparasites. I was itchy for hours.

Meanwhile the chapter was awesome and that was CRUEL to have Greg stop before the kiss. Seriously.

Aww, I'm sorry about the itching... :( Thanks for reading the chapter! And come on now, if I gave in and let them kiss... wouldn't you have expected it a bit too much? :P And was it even a kiss that Greg was going to do?

I would call everything about these two a sort of dance. Just what Greg does or does not

know is a wonderful mystery, which adds to anticipation that runs through every moment

he and Corey spend together.

Even the thought of parasites gives me the creeps, and I would have been too busy freaking to think of jumping in the lake!

Thanks for a delightful chapter, Krista, and for your effort always. Needless to say we'll all be looking forward to the next one.

Tracy

p.s. Hey Wildone, I knew your name sounded familiar....

A dance, that is interesting, I've not put much thought into their relationship on that level, but I can see it.. and that makes me happy. :)

A dance, that is interesting, I've not put much thought into their relationship on that level, but I can see it.. and that makes me happy. :)

B) ...............Me too, I didn't see that coming, it was sur realistic. Talk about shoving one ahead of his schedule!

B) ...............Me too, I didn't see that coming, it was sur realistic. Talk about shoving one ahead of his schedule!

Lol. hmm thanks for reading Benji.

• 3 weeks later...

Standing in Shadows chapter 6 is up

Im starting to think if Riley turns out gay or bi his mother would support him.

Another good chapter Krista :)

B) .........Well either Jenny is clueless or over possessive here, either way I think she can't take a hint! Corey has lived his life through his father, now he needs to live his own life, his mother see's it! Greg recognizes it, how is Corey going to survive another year with his 'family' life is beyond me. I'd guess if he made 'all state' or something and got a scholarship out of it and left home things will go well for him. His dad needs to realize what he is doing, I think 'mom' will see to that, now that Corey is at the end of the living at home cycle. Never misjudge a mother's motive or instinct.

Standing in Shadows chapter 6 is up

Im starting to think if Riley turns out gay or bi his mother would support him.

Another good chapter Krista :)

I wanted to write a good Mother/Son scene since I knew it would be posted around Mother's Day. :) Will she support a gay son though? I don't think she's had enough clues as to what's going on with her son. :ph34r:

B) .........Well either Jenny is clueless or over possessive here, either way I think she can't take a hint! Corey has lived his life through his father, now he needs to live his own life, his mother see's it! Greg recognizes it, how is Corey going to survive another year with his 'family' life is beyond me. I'd guess if he made 'all state' or something and got a scholarship out of it and left home things will go well for him. His dad needs to realize what he is doing, I think 'mom' will see to that, now that Corey is at the end of the living at home cycle. Never misjudge a mother's motive or instinct.

Aww. Thanks for reading Benji! Yeah, Jenny will get an awakening soon haha. I don't think, right now Corey is brave enough to live his own life... or maybe he shouldn't be... :ph34r:

I suppose, for a writer, it's considered a good thing if a reader groans at the end of every chapter. This time it was accompanied by a fleeting glimpse of throwing you in the pool,

Krista.

While I have little doubt this Mother would be any different if Riley knew he was gay,

I'd seriously question my assumption that she didn't already know, if I found myself

entertaining one. It is your story Krista, but if she is to be surprised or at all disappointed,

I'll be very interested in the route that takes her there. This woman has managed to hold on to the genuine love and respect of her son, and her own love for Mr. Badass; she's believably exceptional. Your careful handling of the dynamics in this family, neither simplifying nor over-reaching, says "talented writer" to me even if I can't define what talents that takes. I could tell you what makes me a good reader though, at great length, another day, when it's raining or there's nothing to read.

Nice work, and thank you for your effort, always. Hurry back, I want to see them kiss.

Tracy

I suppose, for a writer, it's considered a good thing if a reader groans at the end of every chapter. This time it was accompanied by a fleeting glimpse of throwing you in the pool,

Krista.

While I have little doubt this Mother would be any different if Riley knew he was gay,

I'd seriously question my assumption that she didn't already know, if I found myself

entertaining one. It is your story Krista, but if she is to be surprised or at all disappointed,

I'll be very interested in the route that takes her there. This woman has managed to hold on to the genuine love and respect of her son, and her own love for Mr. Badass; she's believably exceptional. Your careful handling of the dynamics in this family, neither simplifying nor over-reaching, says "talented writer" to me even if I can't define what talents that takes. I could tell you what makes me a good reader though, at great length, another day, when it's raining or there's nothing to read.

Nice work, and thank you for your effort, always. Hurry back, I want to see them kiss.

Tracy

Lol. I don't know if I should be scared of the pool promise you made.. :o It's freakin cold here... and my poor pool is green.. :(

I wanted to promote the mother character really strong in this chapter, for Mother's day, and well I need a story with a strong mother as I've not really paid much attention to parents in my other works as much. So her portrayal as well as the Father's is extremely important to this story - almost as much as the main character. So THANKS for setting my mind at ease and giving me confidence on that front. :wub:

Not saying that the Mother will be as assumed though. :ph34r: One would be surprised what changes a Mother's love...

• Site Administrator

Great chapter Krista :worship:

I must say that I was thrown for a loop with the posts saying Riley, I was who the hell is Riley? I thought they were referring to Corey. Had to back track and see that he is Riley Corey Wells. Guess I always assumed he went by Corey unless it was his Dad or his mom lecturing him :P

So I wonder if Jenny knows that Greg is gay (guess were not 100% sure he is gay), since that I believe he is staying at her house till the wedding. If he is gay, and she finds out, and realizes that Corey is getting into him, I wouldn't put it past her to be an angry resentful spurned girl.

I did laugh when Corey said what I was thinking, every time he gets with Greg he ends up wet and in Greg's clothes. :lol:

Hopefully your on a writing roll here Krista, I'm really enjoying this and need more. Like right now. Quit reading this and get writing :D .

Seriously...take your time, and I'm seriously loving this story.

Great chapter Krista :worship:

I must say that I was thrown for a loop with the posts saying Riley, I was who the hell is Riley? I thought they were referring to Corey. Had to back track and see that he is Riley Corey Wells. Guess I always assumed he went by Corey unless it was his Dad or his mom lecturing him :P

So I wonder if Jenny knows that Greg is gay (guess were not 100% sure he is gay), since that I believe he is staying at her house till the wedding. If he is gay, and she finds out, and realizes that Corey is getting into him, I wouldn't put it past her to be an angry resentful spurned girl.

I did laugh when Corey said what I was thinking, every time he gets with Greg he ends up wet and in Greg's clothes. :lol:

Hopefully your on a writing roll here Krista, I'm really enjoying this and need more. Like right now. Quit reading this and get writing :D .

Seriously...take your time, and I'm seriously loving this story.

Lol Thanks! Yeah, I'll try to keep it Riley for the parents.. Corey for everyone else.. I need to be consistent. :wub: Jenny will be an interesting character in the coming chapters and CJ/Clinton duo will as well. ;)

Oh! And you can thank Steph for the Awesome name: Riley Corey Wells.. I love it. :)

Around here, all names are fiction. :lol:

One would be surprised what changes a Mother's love...

I suppose that's true 'cuz i've seen it, but I can never quite comprehend it. I figure if I didn't decide to love my kid, it just happened, there's no reason to think i'll be deciding not to.

Could be just smoke and mirrors, too, that comment, I hear writers have a phobia about being thought predictable. :wub: Sheesh, you'd think she was MY Mother or something...

Tracy (fact or fiction?)

Around here, all names are fiction. :lol:

I suppose that's true 'cuz i've seen it, but I can never quite comprehend it. I figure if I didn't decide to love my kid, it just happened, there's no reason to think i'll be deciding not to.

Could be just smoke and mirrors, too, that comment, I hear writers have a phobia about being thought predictable. :wub: Sheesh, you'd think she was MY Mother or something...

Tracy (fact or fiction?)

Yep, I do fear being TOO predictable, even though most of my stories are rather straight forward.. lol.. boy meets boy... hell may or may not break loose, then an end. :blink:

Krista (Who still won't give away all the answers)

• 1 month later...

My favorite part was when they were jumping on each other with a tickle attack right after dinner. I wonder what will happen once Greg goes back to college! I do hope they will continue their relationship/friendship. Great chapter girl!

Whoohoo! I've been waiting for what feels like forever for that kiss-but then it always

feels like forever when you're pretty sure it's on it's way...

I love that Greg said he had wanted to kiss him for awhile now, and for his sensitivity

about the Dad issues, as well as knowing that Corey wasn't prepared to do anything further. I really, really, like this guy.

Thanks for your effort, Krista, and to Drewbie for the notice!

Tracy

Good chapter, That was unexpected :o

Thanks Drew.

What was unexpected? 0:)

My favorite part was when they were jumping on each other with a tickle attack right after dinner. I wonder what will happen once Greg goes back to college! I do hope they will continue their relationship/friendship. Great chapter girl!

I liked writing this chapter, so light and fun. But, what will happen next? :ph34r:

Whoohoo! I've been waiting for what feels like forever for that kiss-but then it always

feels like forever when you're pretty sure it's on it's way...

I love that Greg said he had wanted to kiss him for awhile now, and for his sensitivity

about the Dad issues, as well as knowing that Corey wasn't prepared to do anything further. I really, really, like this guy.

Thanks for your effort, Krista, and to Drewbie for the notice!

Tracy

Lol, we'll see just what kind of person Greg is, in the upcoming chapters. Thanks for reading Tracy!

• Like 1