[Krista] Standing in Shadows

https://www.gayauthors.org/story/krista/standinginshadows/30

There is an Epilogue coming, whenever I can get a chance to get to work on it. :P I'm so glad to finally be finished - for the most part - with this story. I want to thank Wildone Steve Steven  for his beta/editor skills. We had some long discussions, some heated, some we took to chat for a poll.. I think he beat me all three times that happened.... I believe it is a vagina bias, but *shrugs.* And I also want to thank Aj for his work on the chapters as an editor and beta for all the chapters that he was on board for.  Also, since this story took years to finish, I believe Phantom-EricA, Sandra-Rush, I believe Steph had a few looks at is as well, and a few others (if I missed you, I'm sorry, 4 years is difficult to remember) also worked on this story with me some as well, so they need mentioned. :D

Thanks to the readers also, who reviewed and put up with all the delays and procrastinating that I did throughout this story, it should have been finished a lot earlier than it was, but now - after I finish the Epilogue, I can move on to my next project.

My new project, Steven has already said is my best writing work and I agree with him, so I hope y'all think so too. I'll give you guys a sneak peek here in a few moments. :)

Edited by Krista

I need to say a few words, having relatively recently started reading this story...

That Epilogue had better be about 1000 chapters of at least 5000 words each or there will be violence, swearing and blood...

• 1 month later...

Hi y'all! The new chapter is up. :D

https://www.gayauthors.org/story/krista/standinginshadows/31

I should say, that I extended the story. That this is NOT the EPILOGUE that I had planned. Just a normal, possibly set-up chapter for what else I have decided to cover within this story. I don't know how 'long' this extension will last though. So I hope you at least enjoy the "bonus" chapters? I don't wish to make this a huge huge huge project though. 

Edited by Krista
  • Like 1

YES more chapters !!!

:P   :2thumbs:   :hug:    :thankyou:    :)  :D

totally awesome, Krista. And I loved all the hints of more to come (what did Amber know about the football team? How will Clinton react next time he sees Corey? Oh and all the fun when Cj realizes he's the one to be shut out by the crowd rather than Corey. Talk about poetic justice   :evil: )

So keep them coming  (the chapters I mean  :*) )

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Aww. :D You're welcome. I actually like how I'm resolving things within this extension. I don't want to give too much away though. It has allowed me cover things that I just 'didn't' want to get into. But then what I had started for the Epilogue just seemed to lean me towards those things and I must admit, at least the set up to some of those have been fun to write.

I just need to get 33 started soon. :D 

Happy to see the the story will continue. This was a great chapter. Clinton's parents' reaction was kinda not what I was expecting so good there. When the mother and son showed up I kinda had a feeling what was gojng to happen but still Made me kinda sad.... in a good way. Really looking forward to see the continuation. Btw, I did catch that part about you starting 33 which means 32 is finished, hmm.... ;)

Happy to see the the story will continue. This was a great chapter. Clinton's parents' reaction was kinda not what I was expecting so good there. When the mother and son showed up I kinda had a feeling what was gojng to happen but still Made me kinda sad.... in a good way. Really looking forward to see the continuation. Btw, I did catch that part about you starting 33 which means 32 is finished, hmm.... ;)

Yep, 32 is with editors. I've not started chapter 33, still. I'll see about working on it soon. 

• 4 weeks later...

https://www.gayauthors.org/story/krista/standinginshadows/33 - Chapter 33 is posted, you can find it by clickin' on the link. :D Hope you liked it.

As for the story, I may be ready to attempt another conclusion and Epilogue, but I'm not setting that in stone and committing to that yet. :P I just hope that so far, 31 - 34 (which I have mostly written) offers a better rounding out end than where it was by chapter 30.

Thanks for reading, of course.

Nice sneaky chapter, and sweet with the fumbling virgin sex :) But how could their rendezvous take a whole night ??

Oh and the hickeys and confrontations with parents had me :rofl:

Fumbling is right.. awkward for me. And definitely out of my element. As for taking all night, it was a late dinner, and the parents likely didn't go straight to bed, so by the time the sneaking out occurred it was likely already pretty late/early in the morning.. lol. So the actual.. "act" as we'll call it, probably didn't take long... What people go through to get a little 'alone" time, yes?

:P

Thanks for reading! And yeah, I like the confrontations with the parents after they came crawling back in the morning.. aww. :D 

• 2 weeks later...

I must say that this story has captured me. I was awake most of the night reading it. Very well written. Krista, your writing really paints a mental picture, as I really imagined myself inside the story. Thank you for sharing your work.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

B) ............. Yea, another 2-fer chapter!!!!

Whaaaaat? I only posted one chapter so.. oh oh I got one-up on you Benji! :D Can't call me a procrastinator anymore.