Your ULTIMATE TV show & Moment.

Hey guys,

Was flicking through the Sky channels today & came across an episode of Emmerdale (UK soap) that I havn't seen in years. Probably one of the best episodes they have filmed. Super bitch Kim Tate faked her own death and returned to shock husband Frank who had spent time in prison for her murder. Frank attacked her, causing another heart attack. She watched him die, saying "You're a dinosaur Frank, and you know what happened to them". When Frank died, she checked he was dead with her compact mirror, then redid her makeup & saunters off. Total classic moment in a soap.

I know you guys outside the UK have no idea what I'm going on about, but bare with me.

This got me to thinking about certain shows & classic episodes, & what you would define as your ULTIMATE TV show & moment.

My show would have to be Bones. Shocker I know, but it's well written, humorous, has David Boreanaz in it (yum), characters perfectly interact with each other & has the will they won't thing going on. Oh, did I mention it has David Boreanaz in it..... :wub: God, he has an ass you could just lose yourself in. Sigh. 0:)

Star Trek is hovering there as well as favourite, can't decide.

Anyway, my moment was Princess Diana's funeral, because simply is was just extraordinary.

It's over to you.

Edited by Sir_Galahad

I haven't any ultimate Tv moments or shows but there are a few that stick with me. I don't watch much television at all, actually. But...*shrug* Recently, I accidentally bought a television show on DVD (thought it was a movie).

From Big Bang Theory, a show about two geniuses, their two genius friends and a woman of 'normal intelligence' (???) that moves in across the hall.

Sheldon - "Ok, Look. I think that you have as much of a chance of having a sexual relation with Penny as the Hubble telescope does of discovering that at the center of any black hole there's a little man with a flash light searching for a circuit breaker. Nevertheless I do feel obligated to point out to you that she did not reject you. You did not ask her out."

Leonard - "You're right, I didn't ask her out. I should ask her out"

Sheldon -"No, No. That was not my point. My point was don't buy a cat"

Leonard - No, you were right. I'm going to march right over there and ask her out.

Sheldon - ...Oh, goody we're getting a cat.

Or

Sheldon, upon seeing Penny's horridly messy apartment: Excuse me; explain to me an organizational system where a tray of flatware on a couch is valid. And I'm just inferring that this is a couch because the evidence suggests the coffee table is having a tiny garage sale.

Edited by J.Ross

Final episodes are certainly fodder for this thread.

My favorite was the ending of the final episode of "Newhart." The show wasn't a favorite, and I didn't watch it that often, but I'm sure glad I caught the finale.

Ultimate Tv Show: Firefly (Everyone should have seen it. If not, go buy now k thanks.)

Favourite TV Moment: That I can think of right now...The final of The Amazing Race 7. I must have fallen out of my chair about 8 times. It was awesome.

Jinx! When I saw the thread's title I immediately thought the ending of Six Feet Under. It's the only end of a series that I felt satisfied when it was over, and I hated to see it end. "Breath" will always make me think of it.

Six Feet Under

Episode 63, the last 9 minutes, awesome ending n_n

This is one of the few shows on TV that actually makes me laugh. That says a lot.

I haven't any ultimate Tv moments or shows but there are a few that stick with me. I don't watch much television at all, actually. But...*shrug* Recently, I accidentally bought a television show on DVD (thought it was a movie).

From Big Bang Theory, a show about two geniuses, their two genius friends and a woman of 'normal intelligence' (???) that moves in across the hall.

Sheldon - "Ok, Look. I think that you have as much of a chance of having a sexual relation with Penny as the Hubble telescope does of discovering that at the center of any black hole there's a little man with a flash light searching for a circuit breaker. Nevertheless I do feel obligated to point out to you that she did not reject you. You did not ask her out."

Leonard - "You're right, I didn't ask her out. I should ask her out"

Sheldon -"No, No. That was not my point. My point was don't buy a cat"

Leonard - No, you were right. I'm going to march right over there and ask her out.

Sheldon - ...Oh, goody we're getting a cat.

Or

Sheldon, upon seeing Penny's horridly messy apartment: Excuse me; explain to me an organizational system where a tray of flatware on a couch is valid. And I'm just inferring that this is a couch because the evidence suggests the coffee table is having a tiny garage sale.

As Glomph said, final episodes are quite predominant, which is no bad thing. When you think about it, the writers, actors will always put everything into it to make it the best it can possibly be.

My favourite though was Dynasty's last episode. It was so outrageous, but you just couldn't look away. Dallas, if I remember, went out like a damp squid!

Jinx! When I saw the thread's title I immediately thought the ending of Six Feet Under. It's the only end of a series that I felt satisfied when it was over, and I hated to see it end. "Breath" will always make me think of it.

It was beautiful, and with Sia

Angel needed a better finale than what WB gave him, the Vampire with a soul and the face of an Angel (I agree yummy :) ) deserved better.

Favorite TV Show moment: It has to be Battlestar Galactica's "The what the hell moment at the end of season 1", it was very shocking. I hear the series finale will also be interesting, but I will not rate that yet.

Favorite Series Finale:

Sci-Fi: Babylon 5 hands down the most complete ending to a series.

Drama: Fraiser gets my applause, too

Cartoon: Futurama, I really liked that series blend of sentimentality and humor. (It is the polar opposite of Family Guy) Hope you come back for real this time.

Favorite gay scene:

QAF takes home most of the awards from beginning to end, but I think "As the world Turns" with Noah and Luke are showing themselves sensually a bit more. They are no where near Justin and Brian's level of sex, but time and the American audiences will help make that a reality.

Favorite current TV show:

Though, I like Battlestar Galactica with its advanced amounts of humanity, my favorite is House M.D for humor, wit, and serious characterizations.

American idol Fan hardcore...lol love singing :o tho i'm not the best yet myself...need vocal coach

Second is totaly legend of the seeker based on a good book i own. :D

movie....probably still lord of the rings...lol

Yeah we watch American Idol over here, normally on a Thursday night, so no reveals! Is it me or is the standard so far really below par. What gets me is that they have a once in a lifetime opportunity, & they blow it by singing, really lame songs which never suit their voices. Maybe group 3 will be better.

Edited by Sir_Galahad
Id say the biggest OMG moment was in BSG. Dee went into the lockerroom, grabbed her gun and killed herself. Was like, WTF?

I agree, but thinking of it over now, some one had to off themselves after all the bad stuff that happened, plus what they found on Earth. Dee was the best choice, her life was pretty much over without any clear light of happiness. Her husband fracks and loves another woman, her deep hopes for a future dashed by two nuclear holocausts (Yes, two, you will understand if you watch it), and her life like many others in the fleet is just in reptition mode.

I really like Battlestar Galactica for its fatalism and depressive storytelling. The Suicide was a OMG moment for sure, but I thought the first season with Boomer shooting Adama moment was a slam dunk woah! and the Dee suicide moment was more progression in actual storytelling.

And now, I am hoping for an interesting ending for the series. With the way things are going, they might end up in some mystical group orgy scene at the end saying we are all fracked, hehe! :worship::lol:

Btw, why are all the interesting gay/bi characters killed in BSG, Admiral Cain, Lesbian, Dead at the hand of her female cylon partner and Gaeta, Bi, dead after the magnificently built up mutiny? Can't we have a happy ending for the gay characters too, hope Louis is still around.

I can't let this subject go without mentioning the last ever double episode of Star Trek Voyager.

Special effects were amazing, Borg Queen at her bitchy best, the revamped Voyager with the cloned armour destroying the Borg hub, & of course the ship herself getting home.

Apart from Star Trek TNG is was by far the best clone of the saga. Hated Enterprise with a passion, never got it or into it. They had so much scope to make something amazing, instead it was awful.

On the bright side the new film looks kinda cool.