[dkstories] Rich Boy: Inheritance.

• 2 weeks later...

You should find them back up now - plus something new. Let me just say this - I've decided to post new chapters as they get finished - not once the story is fully completed. I haven't done it this way in YEARS.

Another bit of honesty is I need motivation to find the time and energy to work on this conclusion.

Well, chapter 2 is now off for edting so it should be up in a week or two depending on Emoe's schedule. As I've already said - I can't promise regular updates, but I can promise that I'll get them posted as soon as possible. Please be patient with delays. I love reading stories too, and get just as frustrated when they are delayed, but in the end as long as the story continues it's worth the wait as I hope this will be for all of you.

Glad to see that Rich Boy is back! 4 years is a long time to skip over. Kyle goes to USC and comes back; Colin "put down" (killed I assume) by Worthington; Jamie married with one kid and another on the way. Oh, and the Uncle bidding to become Director of Mage Operations. It's going to be an interesting series!Posted Image Edited by Gentim

Next chapter is up - I didn't even give it to Trebs to beta read so it could go up today. Let's call it my birthday present to everyone here who has been so patient waiting for this. I'm about halfway through writing Chapter 3 so it shouldn't be too long before it goes up - just don't expect it every Sunday, please.

• 9 months later...

We'll soon have something but whether it can be sooner than soon, or the soonest, I can't yet say.  We'l have to look into the matter and get back to you as soon as possible. 

(To continue the MMORG related joke - let it be said though that I have NEVER played WoW nor will I ever play that game.  I am a purist who remembers when such games were all text based.  Or in other words I'm OLD.)

(To continue the MMORG related joke - let it be said though that I have NEVER played WoW nor will I ever play that game.  I am a purist who remembers when such games were all text based.  Or in other words I'm OLD.)

I'm going to assume you're referring to my 'valve time' / 'blizzard time' joke.  It's actually not MMORPG related; Valve has a habit of missing release dates... consistently.  Blizzard calls ten years from now 'soon'.

I'm going to assume you're referring to my 'valve time' / 'blizzard time' joke.  It's actually not MMORPG related; Valve has a habit of missing release dates... consistently.  Blizzard calls ten years from now 'soon'.

Valve and Blizzard are "New" companies that have only copied 'soon' and there are still games I'm waiting for that were in supposedly in production before the World Wide Web even existed - back in the day when AOL was the juggernaut BBS and Acropolis was the greatest thing to hit the gay community in Sacramento(think GRINDR only a few decades of technology older). 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

yes i have somehow read three chapters of rich boy inheritance so i am happy though i have been trying to get into Dan's yahoo group sigh hope there is more there. Things left off at a very serious clift hanger, but i enjoyed it even better than the second book so far, thanks.

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...

gah, I must have been not keeping my eye on GA enough after the change to the new lay out.

been waiting to re-read Growing Pains and now I hear there's chapters of Inheritance out, im so lost and behind!

anyone able to point me in the right direction?

Dan's currently taking a break from the internet.  He did start trying to work on book 3 of Rich Boy, but was dissatisfied with how it was going.  The story he does hope to release next is the third books of "Dreams of" titled Dreams of a Son (1st was Humanity and 2nd was of a Father).  For this story, he's started by writing six chapters, but hit a roadblock.  Based on his past issues with stories, he tries now to wait until he is done (or almost done) with a story before releasing it, so if he gets to needing to make sure a plot point was introduced early on, he can make the change easily.

He is occasionally working on his stories, but like many authors, the story sometimes doesn't come out when he wants it to.

• 1 year later...