The Perks of Loving You

I am enjoying reading The Perks of Loving You. It's a very lively and well written story. It moves at a steady pace with no long descriptive passages or philosophical musings. The story is as lively as the life of its main character, Casey. He always has something happening.

I also appreciate the absence of grammar and spelling errors which serve to distract the reader in many stories. Although he is only 17, Camilo has a polished, mature style that keeps you involved in the story.

Casey and his former best friend, Lucas, have become very competitive to the point of being rivals in everything they do, especially in high school athletics. There are some clues in the story which indicate that a significant change in their relationship is about to occur.

I urge you to take a look at The Perks of Loving You. You will be glad you did.

Keep up the good work, Camilo; I'm looking forward to reading chapter 6.

I have read this story and I relly like it. As Mike said there is a very chatty and uncomlicated style, which is easy to read without haveint ot think too hard but there is also a subtext going on if you look ofr it that adds subtlety.

I particularly like the fact that Casey really has to think about and examine his motives for doing what he does and the way the tension builds.

Yay! I love discussions, especially about me! :2thumbs:

Thank you so much Mike for doing this. As I said before, this is like eating cheesecake ice cream off a really hot guy or girl!!!

I'm so thrilled to see what you guys think of Perks! Hehehe, and I would be so excited to answer any questions you guys may have.

:D

Yay! I love discussions, especially about me! :2thumbs:

Thank you so much Mike for doing this. As I said before, this is like eating cheesecake ice cream off a really hot guy or girl!!!

I'm so thrilled to see what you guys think of Perks! Hehehe, and I would be so excited to answer any questions you guys may have.

:D

OK. Who is David?

Not fair, not fair!:blink:

If I tell you that, then the mystery and suspense would be ruined, hehe. That would be a spoiler on my part. Plus, everyone is asking me who David is:great:.

Now, I said I would tell you, and I intend to keep my word. Hehe, if you reread the chapters so far you'll get a clue of who David might be. Now if you want a direct answer than just ask me privately, hehe don't want to ruin in it for the rest, and I'll happily tell you.

Not fair, not fair!:blink:

If I tell you that, then the mystery and suspense would be ruined, hehe. That would be a spoiler on my part. Plus, everyone is asking me who David is:great:.

Now, I said I would tell you, and I intend to keep my word. Hehe, if you reread the chapters so far you'll get a clue of who David might be. Now if you want a direct answer than just ask me privately, hehe don't want to ruin in it for the rest, and I'll happily tell you.

That's the response I expected...and I don't want you to ruin the story for anyone...especially not for me, so I am not going to ask you privately. I'll happily wait to see.

As for what you've revealed about David so far, he is mentioned in chapters 1, 2, and 5. The most interesting thing was in chapter 2:

I got the necklace when I was seven, a gift from David. It's basically a handmade pendant held with a string of leather. The face of the pendant has a gold lion carved into it...which for a seven year old was dumbfounding. Yet, the most significant part is the inscription on the back of it. It states, "Even though you're a pain, I love you very much - David".

"Even though you're a pain" sounds like something an older brother would say...not what a seven year old friend would say. A friend wouldn't give a gift to a friend who is a pain, certainly not an engraved necklace.

So, my best guess is that David is an older brother who is no longer around for some reason. I will not speculate on the reason.

Anxiously awaiting chapter 6.

Edited by MikeL

nah ahh! You better NOT be telling anyone about David in private! You didn't tell me in our private convo!!! :angry:*throwing temper tantrum*:angry:

Anyhow, the story is very enjoyable and easy to read, funny and sometimes maddening with Casey's own tantrums, gotta love him though! :P Chapter 6 is very fast paced which I really enjoyed, keeps you wanting for more...

Edited by Rush

Chapter 6 is another good one, Camilo. It seems Case and Luca's relationship is improving...up to a point. Is there some chemistry between them? I think so.

I now know more about rowing than I ever expected to. :P

Nothing new on David. Sigh...

Chapter 6 is another good one, Camilo. It seems Case and Luca's relationship is improving...up to a point. Is there some chemistry between them? I think so.

I now know more about rowing than I ever expected to. :P

Nothing new on David. Sigh...

B).............Good story of two perfectly matched antagonist's whose sole purpose is to outdo each other, neither admitting their reason being that they will not admit their love for each other. The competition has climaxed all over the school, unwitting and un-wanting divisions of a win-by-win brokered truce, the warriors have accomplished the highest form of self-denial. But has their blatant war conspired the school to act in their deference? Luca resumes the quest after being ignored in the cafeteria, after Case's triumph over the Pubies vs, Clobey vs. The high archy!! David is very clo9se and deceased in Case's past, Luca is well aware of this.

Hahaha! Nope, It is definitely not about rowing!!! :P

Hi guys!

Yep, it's me! So I've been busy all week with school, Yay! Hehe, I got to see friends I hadn't seen during the summer. Ok, back to what I stopped here for. I thank all of you guys that have posted something here. So my question, well more than one, is what are your favorite parts so far?

Wow, that's broad, I guess I'll make it easier for you guys to answer.

1. What's your favorite character so far?

2. What's your favorite scene so far?

3. What's the funniest scene so far?

4. What's the most moving scene so far?

5. What character do you hate the most?

6. Which of Casey's "dilemas" did you like the most?

Finally, the most important question, ARE YOU A CASEY OR ARE YOU A LUCA FAN?

Hi guys!

Yep, it's me! So I've been busy all week with school, Yay! Hehe, I got to see friends I hadn't seen during the summer. Ok, back to what I stopped here for. I thank all of you guys that have posted something here. So my question, well more than one, is what are your favorite parts so far?

Wow! What a series of questions to ask...

1. Casey's mom...

2. Luca waking Casey up the third day of training, after he oversleeps the second day.

3. Luca waking Casey up the third day of training, after he oversleeps the second day, because Casey's Mom says it's okay!

4. Casey, and by extension the rest of his friends, including Luca, going over to redistribute the finances of Chobey's antagonists.

5. Can't think of one, just pick a homophobe, any old homophobe...

6. Undressing in front of Luca again...

I AM A FAN OF BOTH--it seems like they grew away from each other because of their competitiveness, but never stopped liking each other because of their willingness to compete and just haven't realized it.

Hi guys!

<_<...............'nuff

Hi guys!

1. Luca

2. The hands over the eyes scene

3. even though it's been said before... the waking up scene. Hilarious

4. It's a toss up between the one where the asshole rolls a joint on David's picture or the one where Casey is talking to his mother about going away.

5. None of them

6. Denying his feelings for Luca.

Luca, Luca, Luca

Cool, disccussion thread lol.

I wanted to answer the questionair but after careful thought I decided I liked the story and the charecter FAR too much over all to pick anything specific. I love this story and look forward to reading more.

can't wait for the next chapter...

It's here.

We learn a little more about David...who he was. Casey is reminded of him and nearly has a meltdown. There is still more for us to learn.

Very good chapter, Camilo. Now it's on to the great north woods. I'm expecting Casey and Lucas' relationship to improve.

Thanks for yet another great chapter - my "hmmmmm" moment is the scene in the room between the two, Luca feeling Casey's body. Shame the poor Luca got the hots for Casey, but dont have the guts to do something about it! Well, its going to be interesting up north alone in the cabin.

Keep up the great work!

Hi guys!!!

So I'm going to post chap 8 by the end of the week, so yay. I've received lots of e-mails so thanks and I've been asked a question, so I'll answer it.

"Why aren't there more chapter?" good question! The answer is because it takes time to write and my twinkle fairy decided to quit on me. What can I say, at first it was diligent and worked with me, helping me write. Now it's just busy in my boyfriend's pants. That naughty fairy! And even worse, it's starting to like looking under girls' skirts. What am I going to do with it!

Hehe, so now you know!!!