[Skylights] Sparkling Combustion

this is my first story and the first time I've posted it on GA. I've put up all 18 chapters and would like to hopefully gain more readers!

Anyway, I'm new to the whole forum thing. After reading some of the guidelines, I feel slightly bad about posting to nifty. Oh well, that's where I got started.

So, tell me what you thought of it!

Love the story. I started on Nifty and followed it to your Yahoo forum.

The character development is great and I like your writing style.

(I just wish chapters came faster (**sigh** my problem with all online stories).)

Thanks for sharing your writing.

Bryan

Love the story. I started on Nifty and followed it to your Yahoo forum.

The character development is great and I like your writing style.

(I just wish chapters came faster (**sigh** my problem with all online stories).)

Thanks for sharing your writing.

Bryan

Glad you liked it! Chapters are coming much faster now though, agreed? Also the next two are done but on hold i'll have to admit,

so i'm making up for my long hiatus!

I, too, started reading your story first on Nifty, and love it btw :D

I like Jeremy a lot, probably my favorite character in the story :lol:

Keep up the great work :)

Thanks, I love jeremy a lot too. Probably my fave character (Shh! :P)

I'll try!

I'm really enjoying this story. :2thumbs:

I must say that I noted a dramatic improvement in your writing and story telling as the story progressed. Then again, maybe it was just me enjoying the story increasingly more. :blink:

Chapter 18 was superb. :worship: The dialogue between Jeremy and Kyle was excellent - the post Jason incident. They were talking about love.... :wub: both our concepts of love and how differently we all experience it. Nice job with that. :D

Kyle is lucky to have Jeremy as a friend.

I do hope Kyle and Ryan get it working. I believe they definitely belong together. What was it that Nathan said? Something about being so wrong for each other that it was perfect.

I'm really enjoying this story. :2thumbs:

I must say that I noted a dramatic improvement in your writing and story telling as the story progressed. Then again, maybe it was just me enjoying the story increasingly more. :blink:

Chapter 18 was superb. :worship: The dialogue between Jeremy and Kyle was excellent - the post Jason incident. They were talking about love.... :wub: both our concepts of love and how differently we all experience it. Nice job with that. :D

Kyle is lucky to have Jeremy as a friend.

I do hope Kyle and Ryan get it working. I believe they definitely belong together. What was it that Nathan said? Something about being so wrong for each other that it was perfect.

I'm so glad you're enjoying the story :)!

And I agree about the improvement. My writing matured (I like to think) a lot while writing this because it was the first novel type story i attempted, and definitely the first I posted anywhere. It's become much more fluid and easier to write and I don't get stuck really.

Anyway, Yes Kyle is VERY luck to have Jeremy as a friend. Someone who is just always there no matter what. And also, I'm glad you caught that point;) because it's very important, Don't you think?

I stared this on Nifty as well, and went to Yahoo. Nice to see you here!

I admit, I hated the last few chapters, not your writing, but Kyle's attitude! He was, so, UGH! So heartless. I knew he did that to protect his feelings, feelings he knew he shouldn't develop, but did anyway...but I could feel the chemistry between him and Ryan and hoped one or both of them would drop the charade.

So...18 was a cliffhanger, sorta. Why was Ryan waiting there? What happens next??

I love Nate and Josh, they're cute. Jeremy turned out to be a good friend, when I initially thought he was a sleaze bucket, lol.

Great story, I only wish for faster chapters too, but I know life can get crazy

I stared this on Nifty as well, and went to Yahoo. Nice to see you here!

I admit, I hated the last few chapters, not your writing, but Kyle's attitude! He was, so, UGH! So heartless. I knew he did that to protect his feelings, feelings he knew he shouldn't develop, but did anyway...but I could feel the chemistry between him and Ryan and hoped one or both of them would drop the charade.

So...18 was a cliffhanger, sorta. Why was Ryan waiting there? What happens next??

I love Nate and Josh, they're cute. Jeremy turned out to be a good friend, when I initially thought he was a sleaze bucket, lol.

Great story, I only wish for faster chapters too, but I know life can get crazy

Yes, I knew I would get mixed reactions on that, not that there was anything to like really, but that's how I decided to tell it! Lol. 18 was a cliffhanger, and 19 is done but needs to be beta read because i'm slightly unsure about it. unfortunately it seems like finding one will take a while! Anyway, Jeremy is just a special man-whore. :P

Btw, I recently stumbled upon and read your story no fairy tail world, and absolutely loved it. So it's a great honor that you actually enjoyed my story!

• 1 month later...

If others didn't know - chapter 19 is out. I caught up with the story finally and agree with all of the above comments - VERY enjoyable story and great characters. Looking forward to seeing more from you. :-)

• 2 months later...

I've been having computer issues, and have also, with my amazing brain power, managed to delete this entire story off of here and just thought i should write something to let y'all know, because i'm frankly too frustrated atm to post it all back. If you guys want to read from now on, read it on my yahoo group or nifty! unless too many people complain...i don't plan on putting it up soon. Bad internet :/

thanks!

Oh no!!!!! Oh please put if back on... pretty please...with sugar on. I don't have yahoo and I hate nifty so ppppppplllllleeeezzzeeee :) *fllutters eyelashes*

grrr, nephylim, you're too charming for your own good, but yes i will put it back up SOMETIME D:. I'd already decided I would...Just not sure i feel like doing so quite right now.

However, I will post a short story up so I don't get hated as much! I planned on putting two new chapters of SC up today orignally...bleh i fail at life. lol.

Oh no!!!!! Oh please put if back on... pretty please...with sugar on. I don't have yahoo and I hate nifty so ppppppplllllleeeezzzeeee :) *fllutters eyelashes*

grrr, nephylim, you're too charming for your own good, but yes i will put it back up SOMETIME D:. I'd already decided I would...Just not sure i feel like doing so quite right now.

However, I will post a short story up so I don't get hated as much! I planned on putting two new chapters of SC up today orignally...bleh i fail at life. lol.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

That was an awesome chapter. The way they kept dancing around each other. The way that Kyle couldn't handle it when he got what he wanted becuase he was afraid that if he took it it would be snatched away from him... and the way that Jeremy made him realise that it was worth the risk.

I have to say though that I am worried about Jeremy. He seems so sad and so tired. I like him so much and I am hoping that he finds some peace and happiness.

I feel like Nephy does where Jer is concerned. Poor thing looks like he's so madly in love with Kyle but can not reveal it knowing the same is not returned, at least not in the way wants. What a great friend Jer is to everyone! And so smart for his young age! Once he settles with who ever is going to be one lucky person, that's for sure.