Hello there. This here's my little own thread dedicated to my little ol' story, Lean On Me. The first 6 chapters were all done, so I posted them together and chapter 7 will be up in a few minutes.

So, you know...if you like it, hate it, or just wanna chat about flower-importing drug dealers, drop a line...:D

Lean On Me

Edited by ghostofoldtrafford

Well I have to admit the drug dealing was a bit of a shock. I thought it was a wind up at first. Bloody hell... did Alexi spit on a gypsy or something. Poor kid's cursed.

What I particularly liked about this story is the way you have dealt with the emotions. A lot of people skirt around them and just give us the details of what happened but you get right inside their heads, sometimes painfully so.

There is a lot of intricacies, a lot of detail that are beginning to weave themselves together into a very interesting and three dimensional tappestry.

There are a few areas where it gets a little rough and it could do with a little polish here and there but who cares about that. The story is enthralling and I just can't wait for more.

Nephy

I must have been psychic with the curse things because there was Alexi in chapter 7 thinking the same thing himself :)

I am excited by this story. Alexi is very much the 'wounded hero' the broken soul who is forged in fire and becomes steel, the person who is hidden in all of us and gives us hope that even wounded as we are we can make it.

Evan is an enigma. I like enigmas. He is also hot which helps :)

The sex scene was sweet if brief and it was a welcome pause before the shock at the end.

I have my breath bated.

Nephy

Hello there. This here's my little own thread dedicated to my little ol' story, Lean On Me. The first 6 chapters were all done, so I posted them together and chapter 7 will be up in a few minutes.

So, you know...if you like it, hate it, or just wanna chat about flower-importing drug dealers, drop a line...:D

Lean On Me

Yay! Another fan of this story here! :2thumbs: I read it from the first chapter was published and I really love it! :)

So I read chapter 7 and I want more! :) There's still a lot of drama in front of us! What happens when Alexi finds out the true nature of Evan before... is their love strong enough to survive that? I HOPE SO! :(

Edited by paya

Yay! Thanks for reading! :D

I must have been psychic with the curse things because there was Alexi in chapter 7 thinking the same thing himself :)

I am excited by this story. Alexi is very much the 'wounded hero' the broken soul who is forged in fire and becomes steel, the person who is hidden in all of us and gives us hope that even wounded as we are we can make it.

Perhaps it IS a curse. Who knows? I may do a prequel, co-starring the old hag for Drag Me To Hell...:P

As for your view of Alexi...Well, we'll just have to see how it plays out...;)

So I read chapter 7 and I want more! :) There's still a lot of drama in front of us! What happens when Alexi finds out the true nature of Evan before... is their love strong enough to survive that? I HOPE SO! :(

More is on the way. I won't make any kind of commitment(guys love saying that, don't they?), but I hope the next installment will be up by Wednesday or Thursday.

And in regards to their relationship and how it'll work out. Well, keep hope alive. It never hurts. I will tell you that, on the one hand, I'm a sap for happy endings. On the other, I love torturing my characters. You'll need to wait until the end, I'm afraid.

Though, the end isn't far off. I never imagined it as going past 12-15 chapters, and I see no reason to stretch it out.

Isn't it exciting. It gets more and more intriguing. I can't WAIT to find out what Evan's part is in all of this. He's like a superhero... *sigh* My son's name is Efan (pronounced Evan) so how can I help but love the character.

The fight scenes were brutal but so realistic they made me shiver. Poor Alexi, it must have been so hard to hear the person you love fighting for their life and having to cower in the bathroom and not be able to help. You dealt with the emotions very well.... better than Alexi did. No wonder he freaked when he saw the blood after what he had been through.

I wonder what Evan though Dana would be able to see in his eyes? I hope we don't have too long to wait to find out.

I wonder what Evan though Dana would be able to see in his eyes? I hope we don't have too long to wait to find out.

Well, it's not like I'm spoiling anything, so I'll just say that you shouldn't expect him to be a werewolf or something...:P

It's his past and present, his actions and how they changed him.

You SHOULD get some light on his character and his past in the next chapter which MIGHT just be on-line by Sunday evening. MIGHT...

Well, it's not like I'm spoiling anything, so I'll just say that you shouldn't expect him to be a werewolf or something...tongue.gif

It's his past and present, his actions and how they changed him.

You SHOULD get some light on his character and his past in the next chapter which MIGHT just be on-line by Sunday evening. MIGHT...

Bugger... that would have been epic :)

laugh.gif I'm trying to keep it at least SOMEWHAT grounded in reality...

But hey, I do have the outline for a fantasy story which I might do in the future, so you might yet see my own personal portrayal of the wolfmen...In the mean time, there's always Twilight...wacko.gif

Don't :)

This feels like a pause... in fact Myke actually gave Evan one... at least a breathing space. The chapter didn't have any blood in it at all? :) It was nice to have a time for reflection, to have major insight into Evan and what makes him as he is. What he did at school was ace. I think that the next chapter will be a hard one because of Alexi's emotions and this shady 'partner' is still looking for his blood as far as I can tell. This was a calm before the storm but it was very sweet because of that. No one can stand action all the time... not the writer and not the reader... we need some relief. Excellent way to provide it.

Yep, breathing room indeed. I felt the need to develop their relationship more. And it really is the calm before the huge storm ahead. The next chapter will also be slower and less action-oriented, though it sets in motion the events that close everything out. Right now, it looks like 3 more chapters will do it and the last two are gonna be pretty heavy on the blood and action. Especially the second-to-last chapter.

I don't know if I'll be able to meet my own deadline, because I have some studying to do this coming week, but my intention is to have the final chapter up sometime next weekend.

Then, depending on how it's received and if people feel there's potential for more, I'll go ahead with my idea for a sequel.

Sound amazing and after reading what you have said about the last two chapters I am relived to hear about a sequel as it tends to indicate that there will be at least someone left alive at the end :)

It's a shame to hear that this is going to be so short thought... all well never mind. Better short and sweet than long and dire. Long and sweet is best though :)

FIrst started reading your story on nifty kee, I really like i, up the good work :)

Evan does seem good to Alexi, but poor hunter he's fair game? again like I said in an email I hope that hunter doesn't get killed.

Edited by Drewbie

Oh no... I is it going to be over that soon? I am so loving this story. It can't be almost over.... it just can't.

Okay tantrum out of the way... the last chapter is going to be just choc full isn't it. So many loose ends to tie up... well in Hunter's case to untie.

There's Hunter to rescue and Vince to get his come uppance

There's Evan's father to warn about the double cross and save

There's the unmasking of the evil mastermind behind it all

THere's Eric to get even with.

Shit... loads of stuff and only one chapter... Can't wait.