[Skylights] Loving Sam Lynch

I douno if Xander would just get over it though -- he seems like a hella determined kid! I'll have to check chapter five again for that scene, I musta missed it.

PS: Skylights, there is a forum on GA where you can find Beta Readers and Editors I believe, I've never used it before so I'm not sure how it works but check it out. Editors are super helpful.

Ugh, I'm like triple posting. That's annoying. Why doesn't it add it to one post like normal? I'm new to this forum stuff.

Well, more is to come so you'll see Xander's ideas/POV soon enough.

I used the forum before and put up a topic on my yahoo-group. I got replies and everything. Most on the yahoo-group wanted a sneak-peak and there were nice people at GA too, I'm just too lazy, and I had little time/limited access to the internet until like a week ago.

• Like 1

I've enjoyed the story so far particularly the way that the characters don't develop in a way that is unrealistic. I don't think Sam has any idea about what Max is thinking and vice versa. I look forward to seeing how the story continues to unfold...

I douno if Xander would just get over it though -- he seems like a hella determined kid! I'll have to check chapter five again for that scene, I musta missed it.

Oh, I meant that he'd get over the fact that Max left him to be Sam right after they got it on. He is quite determined so after the initial sting, he will definitely be on the prowl for Max again.

By who?

And you know, I really like that part. Max just drops everything to be there for Sam.

"Need You Now" by Lady Antebellum. The line "It's a quarter after one, I'm all alone and I need you now" applies for when Sam was calling. Then I sort of imagine what is going through Sam's mind when he thinks of his relationship with Max being more than the normal friendship, and these lines come up.

"Picture perfect memories,

Scattered all around the floor.

Reaching for the phone cause, I can't fight it any more.

And I wonder if I ever cross your mind.

For me it happens all the time."

Of course, I'm assuming stuff but it works.

I also just like it when the line "Yes I'd rather hurt than feel nothing at all" comes up.

I like how you read more into my scenes than even I am capable of doing. Awesome Tj. :2thumbs:

I'll TRY to get it out...no guarantees I've been procrastinating again with schoolwork...friends+youtube+an unplanned sleepover can do that to you LOL.

better?

The whole reading into the story more is something I am learning from the Domaholics in the forums. When I read their comments, they see different things I do so I reread the story again to look at the details they saw. I'm sort of applying that to your stories now. :D

No rush to get it out. I'll be suffering with my unbearable group this week anyway so I won't be solely devoted to waiting for another wonderful chapter. Enjoy the unplanned sleepovers and continue with procrastinating with schoolwork!!

About the physical attraction, I can't remember, but I believe I touched on that very briefly. You'll see what happens...hmm I think in the next chapter. Something that makes Sam Posted ImagePosted Image:o as in makes his eyeballs pop. xD

Poor Xander? really...I don't feel sympathy for him.Posted ImagePosted Image

I'm sad to say that the next chapter will not be posted next week...it'll be back to a little erratic posting again (darn, and I was being so good). The chapter is in need of a LOT of work.

Nice hearing what you had to say fishy.

and ZOMG...a mistake? D:. That's why I need someone to look over these things...

I love Xander’s persistency and the way he CAN read Max’s tiniest emotion. That, I think, it’s exactly what Max liked about him because there he had someone who was interested, who paid attention and from whom he could not hide.

I think at least now Sam is starting to realize he is attracted to Max. That single caress from Chapter 6 has a lot of meaning.

Edited by Endymion1978

Well I have to comment on the Xander thing and I'm afraid i have to agree with Skylights. I really don't have much sympathy at all. He knows full well what Max's realtionship and feelings for Sam are. He's promised to back off and hasn't. He's chasing a dream that doesn't exist and Max never said it was going to be anything more than what it was.

I have a feeling he is going to cause problems for Max in that he feels like the sort of person who pushes things beyond the limits.

As for Sam... yeah he's been an idiot but it's exactly as he said himself in this chapter... sometimes you can be looking at something for years and not see it. And then it's only when you say it out loud that it becomes 'real'. I think we are all guily of that to some degree or anyother in some situation or other. He's being doing it for a lot longer for sure but then it becomes habit.

I wonder if his ex said something to him during the split. I was slightly suspicious about the looks she was giving Max at the airport and I wondered if she might say something. Hmmm..

I am looking forward to the next chapter especially after the comment about Sam's eyes popping. :)

Xander dies.

Sam smiles.

Max cries.

I cackle.

Eyes pop out.

all to be continued.

When I am sleep deprived I speak in short sentences and also cackle endlessly. also, I lie. The next chapter... I think I have it confused ( and I would too...). I'll have to see what actually happens, lol. Maybe it's the one where Sam decides to kill himself...

I will choose to stop at you lying. <_<

Or maybe you can make it that Max kills himself in a dream. That can serve as the catalyst for Sam.

Edited by tjajcj

I like how you read more into my scenes than even I am capable of doing. Awesome Tj. :2thumbs:

I'll TRY to get it out...no guarantees I've been procrastinating again with schoolwork...friends+youtube+an unplanned sleepover can do that to you LOL.

better?

Not such a big problem waiting for a new chapter...I had been reading Loving Sam Lynch at the nifty archives. Yesterday I found Chapter 3 had been posted there. Your personal notes at the end of the chapter led me to GayAuthors, where I found Chapters 4, 5, and 6. What a nice treat!

I am enjoying the development of the story very much. It has a huge punch, you know... quite an impact on the reader! The 3 main male characters in the story have conflicted feelings, and I find that reading the story gives me conflicted feelings too. Your sexual contact between Xander and Max was incredibly hot. You described a desperation that was palpable to the reader, and it was almost like "build up... hold it... RELEASE!" Kind of like the reader was there participating in their orgasms. But, of course, Xander and Max are not the couple we're rooting for in this story. You've created a need in our minds for Max and Sam to get together. So feeling pleasure from Xander and Max giving in to their physical need for sexual comfort seems *wrong.* That's the "conflicted feelings" I mentioned earlier. Well done, author!

Anyhow, I assume that was the impact you were aiming for, and I want to let you know that you're right on target. Thanks for writing such a compelling story.

Not such a big problem waiting for a new chapter...I had been reading Loving Sam Lynch at the nifty archives. Yesterday I found Chapter 3 had been posted there. Your personal notes at the end of the chapter led me to GayAuthors, where I found Chapters 4, 5, and 6. What a nice treat!

I am enjoying the development of the story very much. It has a huge punch, you know... quite an impact on the reader! The 3 main male characters in the story have conflicted feelings, and I find that reading the story gives me conflicted feelings too. Your sexual contact between Xander and Max was incredibly hot. You described a desperation that was palpable to the reader, and it was almost like "build up... hold it... RELEASE!" Kind of like the reader was there participating in their orgasms. But, of course, Xander and Max are not the couple we're rooting for in this story. You've created a need in our minds for Max and Sam to get together. So feeling pleasure from Xander and Max giving in to their physical need for sexual comfort seems *wrong.* That's the "conflicted feelings" I mentioned earlier. Well done, author!

Anyhow, I assume that was the impact you were aiming for, and I want to let you know that you're right on target. Thanks for writing such a compelling story.

Glad you like it. I liked that scene too, though it was more of a prelude to sex (I've written some graphic ones, alright). I wasn't really hoping for an impact, more like trying to get across the characters' emotions but i'm happy to see it evoked something in you. :D

Also, thanks for being patient. I'm going through a thing of wanting to rewrite the rest after chapter 5 because the story I've written isn't resonating with me anymore. We'll see and hopefully it doesn't go on hold like SC did for a while.

I will choose to stop at you lying. <_<

Or maybe you can make it that Max kills himself in a dream. That can serve as the catalyst for Sam.

:P. Don't be so sure I'm lying.

• 2 weeks later...

I am wondering what will happen with Max and Xander. I don't want them to end up together, or anything. But will anything that happens with Max and Xander relate to Sam's eye opening experience in the next chapter.

AND I get that Max and Sam totally 100% love each other BUT is Sam attracted to Max? Has he ever thought he might be?

I really, really like your story. It is unlike anything I have read before. The characters are raw and real, while in no way boring. Max is my favorite... With his icy, collected exterior.

I don't really have any questions except I am really, really curious as to WHEN YOU WILL POST NEXT?!? You don't have to give exact dates.... but like... a broad timeframe wouldn't hurt... like in a week... or two weeks...

And what does Max look like? It has been hinted at that he is really beautiful, with blonde hair and blue eyes... but is there any way that a description of his looks could be fitted into the story. And Sam and Xander as well.

Also it wouldn't hurt to sketch out Max's and Sam's lives a bit.

Anyways, this story is great, you are a talented writer, keep up the good work.

Hello Adamo I'm so glad you found the Forum fine and the thread. I wasn't sure if you saw my response on the reviews for LSL.

Xander, Sam, And Max are in for a bit of a...whirlwind or a whirlpool. But who's going to be left standing? Well you'll have to find out when your read the story. You'll see a little bit more into Sam's head in the next chapter and a LOT more in the following one. :D I used to enjoy overly describing my characters but I think I make a vague description because I find when I'm reading it gets tedious being told about every bump on the characters' faces. This way you have more leg-room to imagine what they might look like but i'll see what I can do for ya ;)

As for when I'm going to be posting next...

I'm sorry I can't say! I have been doing zero writing lately...don't kick me >.<

Well that's a lie, I did write but only a short story which is hideous and gruesome but I may post it here this weekend. I can't bring myself to write LSL but i'll try to get at least a chapter out in the next 2 weeks. Would you guys rather have the latest chapter i've written with a long wait while I finish the story? Or...would you prefer if I just finish and then post all chapters regularly?

I think you should post chapter 7 as soon as possible, even if it means we'll have to wait a really long time for the rest of the story. I think you chapter 6 ended in place that seemed like

it was really getting somewhere... but also not lead to much, right away. I think one more chapter would leave us readers even more excited for the rest of the story/ending.

But, how long is this really long time (however long it is I still think you should post the next chapter right away)?

Thank you.

Okay, I'll post it ASAP which might mean this weekend...erm my gift to all of you for MY birthday lol.

Also, Idk how long it'll take. I've just gotten another idea for a story, and atm rewritinng LSL feels like a chore, plus I'm not sure how I'm going to get there...though I do know where I want to take it. You might have to wait for..um a few months as I'm so busy with schoolwork and all my time at the computer is spent typing some monster paper up or trying to finish labs...while being distracted by...other things :P.

Hope that helps.

Yay a new chapter!

Can you be mean and put a cliffhanger ending? Please!

I'm in a weird mood right now and a cliffhanger sounds fun. It'll probably drive me crazy if you do put one there but I think I might reread it more often.

Uhmmm.... I think I might die if it ends on a cliffhanger note! I mean a little suspense, but a full on cliffhanger... I don't know if I could handle that if it may take a couple months for chapter 8 onwards to be posted. And i'm sure its not a piece of crap. Positive.

I love your persistence Adamo :)

And I feel so bad! you've been trying to get a date out of me for weeks.

Um, I'm really exhausted atm, had a long day, but I'll try to see if I can sit down and just edit the chapter tomorrow. It will definitely be posted by monday.

If this doesn't work out, don't eat me. I've been known to tell small lies like the above sentence.

EDIT: And It won't end on a bad cliffhanger I think. Just a change in direction.

Chapter 7 has just been posted. Here, so please stop the death threats :P.

Oh and feel free to discuss it here, express concerns, and tell me how bad the chapter was because trust me I know it was bad.

Chapter Seven was a blast, Miss Lights, sorry I didn't get my feedback in sooner.

I noticed it was less... say, dark and pensive like your last few chapters but it was filled with more drama drama, which is definitely good IMO. For some reason, I really liked this line:

;D why fishie, you almost sounded civilized. Thanks for your lovely analysis. Appreciate it. It really helps in getting an idea of how readers interpret things. I also like how you give me examples *nods*. Yes, those help too ;P. If you had more time, you would make a great beta-reader.

Oh and Sam is definitely a blond in the head. Everyone has their inner blond, eh?

I shall try not to make you guys wait for too long. I suspect maybe a few months only.