A Rent Boy Named....

Has anyone else ever read this story? I remember coming across it last summer and reading the first 30 or so chapters, but then I forgot about it till yesterday. If you haven't read it, I suggest highly that you do. It is a very heartfelt story. :)A Rent Boy Named...

*gasp* you read! :P

• Like 2

*gasp* you read!

No, I hate reading! :P

Wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwhoa, is that a hundred and fifty one chapters I see?

Yeah, but its really good and the chapters go quickly.

Edited by TetRefine

No, I hate reading! :P

Yeah, but its really good and the chapters go quickly.

Yeah, but 151 chapters? On-line? Before I start, has it been completed? I don't even want to think about getting to Ch. 151 and finding out I have to wait for Ch. 152 to arrive at some unknown date!

Yeah, but 151 chapters? On-line? Before I start, has it been completed? I don't even want to think about getting to Ch. 151 and finding out I have to wait for Ch. 152 to arrive at some unknown date!

No, its not completed, but the author updates pretty frequently and 151 chapters should keep you busy for a while :P

• 2 months later...

i havent finished reading it yet im like on 97

It is cute but sad, his mom and sister are probablly going nuts but i dont blame him for leaving his Dads house whos a natural drunk. Sad that this actually happens :(

• 9 months later...

Has anyone else ever read this story? I remember coming across it last summer and reading the first 30 or so chapters, but then I forgot about it till yesterday. If you haven't read it, I suggest highly that you do. It is a very heartfelt story. :)A Rent Boy Named...

Damn I'm gutted! The story has been deleted, not sure why. I hope he moves it to another site at least. I got to chapter 60 and when I clicked onto the site just a few minutes ago, to carry on. It was gone. :(

• Site Administrator

Try a google search with the story title and/or author name or if you remember a line from the story.

• Site Administrator

Also, the Wayback machine archived the story in April 2009 when it was at 88 chapters. Not perfect, but it means you can read a bit further until someone tracks down a new site for the story.

Try a google search with the story title and/or author name or if you remember a line from the story.

I just tried that. Searched through 10 pages of Google and nothing. :( This was the first gay story I ever read and it brings back memories. This sucks. :(

Thanks Cia, I already tried that. Nothing that I can find yet. I will try again in a few days though. Hopefully It should pop up again somewhere.

• Site Administrator

For those who want to keep using Google (or any search engine, actually) to see if the story has been hosted somewhere new, take a phrase from the story and search for that phrase. For example:

"We walked straight down Sunset like we owned it."

That's taken from the opening paragraph of chapter 88 of the story. Do the search using that exact string, including the double quotes. If it can find a page that contains that exact string, it'll tell you (currently it only returns the now defunct wordpress page). When that shows up a new entry, you'll know it's been hosted somewhere new.

You might want to try it with a phrase from chapter 1, as that should appear at a new site before chapter 88 :P If the author has to repost all the chapters manually, it may take a while :D

Thank you Tet. I will have a look.

• 4 weeks later...

You can find the first 80 chapters here http://web.archive.o...rent-boy-named/ :)

Sweeet! Thanks, Mike.

I now have the web version of 1-88 and I have the text to speech edit 1-169 and I have almost all converted to speech. :2thumbs:

Now if I can convince Tristan to continue . . .

I mean we HAVE to know what happened to James and Squeegy right? At least?

This is the authors official statement concerning the story.

Yes, I took RB down. Long story short… Some people who found the story decided that it is the cause of all evil in the world and have embarked on a crusade to vilify me. It’s gone to extremes I never imagined possible with accusations and slander to the point of absurdity. I decided to remove the story to see if that would calm things down. I don’t know at this point where things will end up, but I don’t want RB readers to become additional targets for these peoples insanity either. I appreciate all of the readers and the RB community and it’s with great sadness and anger that I had to disappoint so many good people. I hope that although I can’t go into detail about what’s going on, people will trust that I’m doing what I think is best for all.Cheers Tristan He also said it’s OK to contact him at strangebrew1960@yahoo.com if you’d like to pass on you’re thoughts and feelings?

A sad day in literary history

• Like 1

This is the authors official statement concerning the story.

Yes, I took RB down. Long story short… Some people who found the story decided that it is the cause of all evil in the world and have embarked on a crusade to vilify me. It’s gone to extremes I never imagined possible with accusations and slander to the point of absurdity. I decided to remove the story to see if that would calm things down. I don’t know at this point where things will end up, but I don’t want RB readers to become additional targets for these peoples insanity either. I appreciate all of the readers and the RB community and it’s with great sadness and anger that I had to disappoint so many good people. I hope that although I can’t go into detail about what’s going on, people will trust that I’m doing what I think is best for all.Cheers Tristan He also said it’s OK to contact him at strangebrew1960@yahoo.com if you’d like to pass on you’re thoughts and feelings?

A sad day in literary history

That really is unfortunate to hear.

Thanks for passing on the message.

Goddamit. This just so totally sucks. Can't he send the story to someone else to post under a different name so that no one will know it's him, someone who won't care about what anyone says about them. I mean, hell some of my stories are so much worse than that.