[Jian Sierra] A Chance Encounter by jian_sierra

• Site Administrator

A Chance Encounter by jian_sierra

Due to their personal circumstances, Bill and Nate only had a day together. But as they get to know each other, something more than physical attraction developed. What happens when the day comes to an end?

:nuke: :nuke: Spoilers Below!!! :nuke: :nuke:

I'm not sure if I've already told you this or not, but often times now when I go to the train station (that's my mode of transport) I think of that first moment where Nate and Bill meet. I see someone on the phone or a woman and her stroller (haha--that's usually me) and I think of your story. The thing plays out in my head like how the beginning of this story unfolds.

Anyway, I enjoyed the story very much. And I'm a tremendous fan of happy endings and this one felt just right to me.

Yay. And I think the picture and coloring of the story also look great. hehe,

Anyta

• Like 2

Having read the rough draft before you submitted it, I enjoyed it just as much or more the second time. Your characters always have a level of innocence and decency that makes us care about them and what happens to them. Glad you submitted this Jian, looking forward to more from you in the future.

Andy

• Like 1

A Chance Encounter is a great story, John. Both characters are amazing and their misunderstanding of each other's intentions makes for an excellent plot. And the ending was perfect...happy.

I have a couple of questions...not serious. I don't now if you are someone else selected the picture of the train station. In what city was the picture taken? In what year was the picture taken?

I ask the latter question because the women's clothing reminds me of 1940-50s fashion. If anyone has such a topcoat in their closet now, please don't be offended. Posted Image

• Like 1
  • Site Administrator

I really liked your story Jian. The characters were fresh and while they were doing the whole love at first sight storyline scenes it didn't have the contrived, suddenly in love and will be together feel that you sometimes find when people write a love story. They got to know each other, though it only took a day. Then Bill made a classic mistake. He decided to do what was best for someone else. I think we've all done that at some point in our life, sometimes it's the right thing to do and sometimes it's not. The hard part? You can't ever really know, since you are not that other person. You blended the scenes and the timeline spectularly. I even saw a bit of you in this story. Thank you for the great read!

• Like 1

When I began reading the story, I was like, Gosh I'd love the story coz it's about people spotting.

And I loved it more when I came to the chance encounter.

To be honest, though, I'd love it if the story just ended after that particular day. But the latter part ends in a happy ending and Who would protest to a happy ending?

• Like 1

Thanks to everyone who read this story. To be honest, I wasn't sure whether people would be interested in this story mainly because it's just another love story and that's all I write about hehe. So thank you very much, I really appreciate that you took the time to read. Cheers!

hey jian.

This is the first of your *stories* that I have had the privilege to read. (I love your poems!)

Your story "A Chance Encounter" is absolutely brilliant! You took one tiny day out of the lives of two people, complete strangers that they were, and created what we are led to believe is a *forever-together*. WOW!

The end result of your efforts in creating this story are so very evident to everyone who has read it. (witness the posts).

Hang in there, buddy. I've gotta lotta catchin' up to do with you!

Love you, John!

Big Hugs!!!

• Like 1
  • 11 months later...

hey jian,

this is the first story I read from your vast repertoire and I must admit, when I saw the premise, I wasn't too excited about it. I don't believe in love at first sight either and I couldn't like Bill because of all that pitty party inside his head for making Nate suffer, but as I drew closer towards the end I was actually surprised and sad that the story had ended because somewhere during their dialogue in the park I was just bewitched by the characters and their connection. You had me at curtain call =P

Thanks for a great read =)

Dargon

hey jian,

this is the first story I read from your vast repertoire and I must admit, when I saw the premise, I wasn't too excited about it. I don't believe in love at first sight either and I couldn't like Bill because of all that pitty party inside his head for making Nate suffer, but as I drew closer towards the end I was actually surprised and sad that the story had ended because somewhere during their dialogue in the park I was just bewitched by the characters and their connection. You had me at curtain call =P

Thanks for a great read =)

Dargon

Hey Dargon,

First off, thanks so much for reading! I'm a sucker for serendipity kind of stories but I knew that I had to lend this story a bit of realism in it so I hope what I did worked. And I am so glad the story got to you at the end, it would be a shame if you had to read all through the end only to find out my story sucks. I'd be really embarrassed if that happened :)

Cheers,

John

Edited by jian_sierra