Waiting by Kanaye

Kanaye,

I don't have much to say beyond I enjoyed this and how it ended. It speaks to so many different themes - trust, betrayal, caution, inability to trust - and more, but it also speaks to how someone can touch your heart if you let them. The end was beautiful and sweet. But then I like happy endings.

Andy

I know I talked you you privately about this one, Kanaye, but I want to say again that I really enjoyed this one. It felt so real and alive, like I was a fly on the wall as it actually took place. A truly touching piece that I'm soooooo grateful I got to read early

• Site Administrator

You got the emotions so right with this one. The fear and pain from the past that haunts a person. The sense of cautiously waiting and watching, silently judging a person but unable to share the reasons why it's like that. Finally the inevitable confrontation, the new situation with the old one. How will it end, will it be the same all over again or will life and love surprise you? This was not a happy story though it ended in a very positive light. Healing from trauma is a process and one that takes time and a lot of trust. Tane let Jared know that he understood, that he was there and would be patient with him and that made all the difference. Jared needed that. Wonderful story! Thank you so much!!

You got the emotions so right with this one. The fear and pain from the past that haunts a person. The sense of cautiously waiting and watching, silently judging a person but unable to share the reasons why it's like that. Finally the inevitable confrontation, the new situation with the old one. How will it end, will it be the same all over again or will life and love surprise you? This was not a happy story though it ended in a very positive light. Healing from trauma is a process and one that takes time and a lot of trust. Tane let Jared know that he understood, that he was there and would be patient with him and that made all the difference. Jared needed that. Wonderful story! Thank you so much!!

B)............ I agree with Cia, you brought the fear right up with Jared gauging his new boyfriend's drinking, rightfully cautious and afraid. Jared needed this!! Great story!

I abhor violence directed at someone or something who/which had absolutely nothing to do with the original cause for the anger and/or frustration.

That should have been *cancelled* when the * cause* was eliminated.

A compelling story here Kanaye!

Thanks.

It was a very good story line. People can be consumed with the past, especially an abusive one. How can you move forward? Sometimes it takes someone reaching back for them that makes a difference. Thanks for a good read.

• Like 1
  • Site Administrator

Thanks for sharing Kanaye :great:

A great story written that explains the main characters fear and resolve that he has chosen bad again. I can't say i can relate to the feelings that Jared was feeling, no, reliving as he sat in a bar on his birthday again with all the events leading up to the end with Barry but this time with Tane. To realise at the end that he was not with Barry or a Barrylike was a relief to me.

Looking to enjoying more by you.

Steve

• 1 month later...