According to My Observations by Young Sage

That was a neat story. The angst of the one with the crush, the insecurities, his desires, his gloom, you gave all that in so little space. The end was great - 'Are you ?' are you what? And what is the point of asking. Letting us imagine our own ending is a good feeling. You did a really great job with this.

Andy

Thanks to you both for the kind words. This story was spur of the moment, and quasi-experimental. Yeah, I left the ending ambiguous; I don't even know the "true ending" to it (drove one of my friends nuts). Just for kicks- I decided that the unofficial names for the guys is Hey (for the kid with the crush) and He (the object of his affection).

Thanks to you both for the kind words. This story was spur of the moment, and quasi-experimental. Yeah, I left the ending ambiguous; I don't even know the "true ending" to it (drove one of my friends nuts). Just for kicks- I decided that the unofficial names for the guys is Hey (for the kid with the crush) and He (the object of his affection).

B)....... Hmm, what a nice name for a stalker!! :lol: 'The observer' and 'hey' and 'he' are nice names!! 0:) Looks like hey is in trouble because he has figured it out!

Great story from an unusual perspective!!

Edited by Benji
  • Site Administrator

I'm with your friend, stories that don't tie up and resolve themselves drive me nutty! That being said I'm glad I read this anyway because I truly liked the characters you brought into life with this little bit of fiction. Hey and he are the steretypical teens in so many ways yet we get to see beyond that. Thanks for the great story!

"Are you...?"

It's a bit ambiguous as to who actually said that. It could of just as easily been "Hey" who said that to 'He" In any case, you did a great job even with the word count your entry! While I enjoyed reading through He's thoughts and his insecurities and doubt, I especially enjoyed the last few paragraphs. I like how you managed to capture vivid feelings and emotions in such small sentences, bringing us to the moment of truth where we are left with out an clear ending. Maybe the reason you weren't able to find an ending with your characters was because the ending isn't really as important as reaching that moment in the first place, something many are unable to do in the first place.

Thanks again for sharing another story for me to think myself to death with. wacko.gifbiggrin.gif

Edited by Caedus
  • Like 1

While I enjoyed reading through He's thoughts and his insecurities and doubt, I especially enjoyed the last few paragraphs.

You're getting the characters confused (which I knew would happen eventually). Hey is the narrator, and the one who's thoughts and insecurities we're viewing. He is the soccer boy with the anime hair. Other than that, thanks for the insight! I guess I made things more ambiguous than I intended :lol: .

I liked the story. I ALWAYS like stories where young people overcome tension and live happily ever after.

And since you left it up to ME, it was *he* who said "Are you....?"

At that point I gasped and said aloud, "OH god, you sweetheart!", meaning of course, the author!:wub:

So short and yet so sweet! I love it!:D

Thank you, you Young Sage!

• Site Administrator

"Are You...." a stalker

"gay"

"a soccer player too"

"ever cute"

Soooooooooooooooo many possibilities. You are an evil author to write that :P

I really like the build up to the end though. We have a guy with a crush on another guy and it is told from a perspective that i experienced many times in my life. The wishes and the wants. The fantasies of them being in your bed. The self destruction in you mind. All of it very real.

Great Story Young Sage :great: