[Lugh] The Union of Darkness and Light by Lugh

• Site Administrator

The Union of Darkness and Light by Lugh

Some faery tales start with a kiss; some end with a kiss. They all take place in a perfect world. Well, if you don't count the wicked step-mother and the prince-eating dragon. This is my version of a modern faery tale. There are no wicked step-mothers nor prince-eating dragons, but not everything is exactly perfect either. And it all starts with a kiss...

:nuke: :nuke: Spoilers Below!!! :nuke: :nuke:

yes he could see ghosts... I didn't develop that part of the story, I might revisit it with a sequel? I know I keep promising those. I know. I know. Maybe in another anthology. I like to do those.

• Site Administrator

Your beta is very very sorry. We all know I am usually way better than that. hee hee.

Okay, so I love the bit of humor at the end. You know I think you could have ended this at a different part but I really do like the new ending you put on it. The story has moments of levity and relief from the drama interspersed with the climactic moments but you left it on a very 'up' point. Much better than after the baby comes and half of Zach's paintings become a mix of art and spit up ;) I still see that in my mind when I read this story.

I think you could easily write something for the next anthology that would continue this one considering the topic is "People are Strange". That could tie into seeing ghosts quite well and I am sure your readers would love to see you continue on with a story and develop the characters further. I'll start dinging you after this year is over. *Evil beta powers held at bay for the holidays*.

• 2 weeks later...

yes he could see ghosts... I didn't develop that part of the story, I might revisit it with a sequel? I know I keep promising those. I know. I know. Maybe in another anthology. I like to do those.

Thanks for the clarification. And yes please, try to do a sequel! even if its in the next anthology! I'll be waiting patiently!! :D

from my profile:

Anya

Today, 01:20 PM

I don't know how to respond to a review, so I'm leaving you a comment here...I'm not silly! xD I didn't want a stupid threesome at all *sobs* xD

Well, that's the way the story worked out. Sorry. Besides imagine all the fun they will be having in the future.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Union of Darkness and Light was a perfect bedtime story for me.

I fell asleep with images of Zack's art, his paintigs of Deus. You really captured the artist's soul in Zach. It was so vivid and passionite and I could SEE the artworks. I spend a while watching his sketces, just to satisfy my need to get closer to his character.

Deus, Darkness, had no chance but follow his heart. It was hard to read how he was torn with responsibility and love destined from birth and the magical contact he felt with Zach in one singel childhood kiss.

This story was really interesting study of bisexuality too, well that is how I interperet it. All reads come from one's personal perspective, so I can only speak from my own pov.

This captured the essence of falling in love with a person, not the gender. Deus had experimented with both sexes and had not been satisfied. But with Zach and Rachel he felt the passion. And that was bound to his love. Zach saw Darkness and Light as one unison so he had no choice really. He might have been more in love and obsessed with Deus, but his love was flexible enough to include the whole of Deus, Light being a huge part of him. That was so mindblowing.

Light, Rachel, was the most complex character in my opinnion. She saw what was coming from the very first moments. She knew with her instincts and was insicure. At the same time it was like she was prepairing for something more. Light turned a bit dark too, selfisness and fear make people do desperate things.

Deus too had the thoughts of making them a threesome, just did never have the change to go that far as Zach so suddenly moved.

I have been wondering about the consept of polyamoria, and this was a really heart stopping story in that aspect. Somehow I know it is such a rare obtion in real life, but it is interesting though. This consept of a family you pictured to us was quite realistic though. All had reservations of how thigs are gonna work out, but all had Will to make it work. And they all were ready to include the child into their life. Wanting to make the kid loved and accepted equally from all parents. That is the best gift that a child can get from birth. Security and love.

Hmmm... what else... Cinnamon, that is a personal metapfor me, and it was so weird to find it in your story.

"Chocolate, cinnamon and something bitter. I hate vanilla." Quote from my antho poem.

Thank you Lugh for a wonderful story. I loved it.

Maria