Edmond. Loved, despised, and betrayed. An autobiography. (Setting: Besançon, France. Early 19th century.)

Reviews:

Title: Chapter 1 Reviewer: thatboyChase

It was like a fine meal, to me. Starting off with something to test the pallet, then as the sommelier to offer a bit of zest, bam. Enjoyable, the ending was welcomed and I felt I was being educated as well as imersed in this historical back drop. Awesome.

That is for the whole story, mind. I am also super impressed at the speed you pressed this out.

Title: Chapter 8 Revieweer: Nephylim

I am glad it all turned out alright in the end. This was a charming story well told. There were enough touches in it to make the setting... time and station seem real and the characters were well rounded even though the whole thing was all too brief.

Title: Chapter 3 Reviewer: David McLeod

What could have been a simple narrative description of past affairs and a brilliant man's descent into near madness has been written in a way that evokes thoughts of "Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?": as snappy dialogue full of nasty emotions.

Title: Chapter 2 Reviewer: David McLeod

In a manner somewhat different from previous of her works (the ones I've read), Dolores shows us how to write to instill deep emotions in our readers: fear was there; anger, to be sure; lust, portrayed with sensibility. And now, foreboding and suspense. A superb chapter.

Title: Chapter 4 Reviewer: Nephylim

Wow. The writing style is delicate even when they are fighting, very in keeping with the period and the life station of Edmond. I like the way they speak, the way they think and there are many contrasts which add depth and flavour to the writing. I am entrances Madame. looking forward to more.

Title: Chapter 1 Reviewer: David McLeod

An intense begining to what will no doubt prove to be another superb story. The shame, and the sense of betrayal can, one might hope, lead to a triupmh of the will and of the spirit. Dolores' pragmatism and realism, however, can lead one in many directions.

Title: Chapter 1 Reviewer: taina1959

Oh I am also liking Robert. He sounds like a lost soul in need of a rescuer and Edmond is it. Now I wonder if Edmond will be taking Robert to Napoleon's coronation.

Title: Chapter 2 Reviewer: Nephylim

A very interesting beginning. I am intrigued. And I have to admit that the character I am most drawn to at this point is Robert. I can't wait to find out more about his story.

Title: Chapter 1 Reviewerer: thatboychase

It is short enough not to get lost, which is a good thing. I could compare it to that brisk wind that happens to find you during 90 degree weather, refreshing, crisp. The lavish, tragic frame is set and I await the brush strokes on the canvas, Dolores.

That sounded like a David McLeod review, what is he doing to me.