LOL, that is NOT your chief incentivizing tool, LOL. Not for me. Just the good writing is enough for me to want more!!!

Well, I'll be patient anyhow, and am very much looking forward to reading it when it's ready. :D

• Like 1

I find it really interesting how Haze has turned into the psychotic one. It's so clear now why they're drawn to each other, and so sad, too! Will they be able to overcome their own emotional disasters to help heal each other?

It's a testament to how people handle events in their lives differently. Blake churns his self-hate internally and Haze acts out in aggression. I can't wait to see how Blake handles this new revelation about Haze.

:D

Glad you like. I have been trying to drop hints (while still keepin it a surprise) about Haze through Blake's eyes which are so internally focused they miss a lot - Blakes so ready to assume fault and blame for what goes on around him, he's got huge blind spots. It's a bit tricky from one POV to write what the POV-character's not seeing!

But yeah it is interesting how people handle stuff differently. Even in families of young siblings (say too young to have developed conscious coping mechanisms) exposed to the same abuse (e.g. domestic violence) will almost never react the same. Some will escape into fantasies (later in life prone to addictions/drugs) go numb and never hurt a fly while others might become rebels and copy the violence themselves against others (later becoming abusive parents to their kids), some will become self punishing finding ways to be inwardly violent (eating issues, cutting) others will try to doctor everyone take on everyones problems and neglect themselves, some become mistrustful and can't connect to people and others become emeshed unable to keep their own identiy, absorbing the traits of their friends or more often partners and cant handle being alone ie connect too much. Since the experience is largely the same and in young kids there isn't much time to have developed personality traits it's fair to say that on some level people are born with tendencies that are innate

• Like 1

I uploaded some fotos of my various divin hols

Maybe help the descriptions in my fic

more on my profile

Really cool,

Sigh, don't get married and have a kid - I am not allowed to do anything fun - no sky diving, no bungee jumping, no motorcycle, no diving [see the pattern] if it's dangerous and Mike doesn't like it, I can't do it. "You're not gonna die and leave me with the kid."

Howse about I sneak of to AU and you tell me where to go dive? Would be better if you make it a place I need to ride a motorcycle to get to the airport and parachute from a plain to reach but I won't be too choosy :P

• Like 1

Hmmm ... I know at least two great spots in OZ for world class diving, but they are as far away from where I live as from one side of the US to the other. OZ is a huge and mostly empty place!

Don't joke though, the town I went divin at on the west coast took me a couple of plane trips to get to (one was only a 16 seater plane) followed by another 4 hours driving. I coulda flown to the other side of the world in the time it took me to get around my own country. And if that doesnt sound scary enough remember we got most of the world's deadliest snakes, spiders, jellyfish ... crocodiles ...

• Like 1

I liked the chapters, Chapter 12 is surprising me the most that Haze is least crazy like the last sentence of the chapter indicates. I'm curious to know what happened next as Blake have to think different and see different how Haze acts towards him now.

As I would like to ask this question... When will the chapter 13 be posted?! :P

Thanks dude, glad you like :)

As for 13 well it's coming along but not sure yet when it'll be done. I find my writing comes randomly ... Sometimes I sit down and produce nuthin other times it's all coming at. I seem to be averaging a chapter every 10 days on average I reckon!

Wow! Great story!

The depth of character and setting is nothing short of remarkable. And the rollercoaster of emotions played out by Blake is something most people may relate to on some level...

Well written and smart, leaving the reader waiting for more ;)

keep up the good work!

-victor e.

Definitely not shit. So much awesome in this latest chapter! :2thumbs: I'm definitely going to have to read through it again when I'm not so flipping tired so I can leave a proper review, but the emotions behind our fav chars just blew me away.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello hello!

Hmmm ... new chapter ... Chapter 14: Surprise ... cause its got a surprise in it (like I dont try to put a surprise in all of em :D )

Story Link

Anyway its after midnight and I gotta go to bed.

Hope you like it!

Acedias

• 3 weeks later...

I can't get enough of this story!

Blake's self-deprecating moments, and the story in general, is like a modern day 'Notes From Underground' by Dostoyevsky... So powerful and revealing of one whom is so aware and self-conscious that it becomes a disease of sorts.

I've enjoyed every chapter and can't wait for more Acedias ;)

-victor

Wow! Thanks victor that's very nice of you.

(I had to look Dostoyevsky up I admit, but am pleased with the comparison based on what wikipedia's told me :lol: )

I gotta admit I find it limiting to stay in once voice all the time, but it allows me to keep the reader guessing with what is really going on when they know Blake's view is warped but its the only view they get :)

More soon ...

• 2 weeks later...