[Vlista] I make a Motion..

I Dearly love this author.....but since there is a spot for inactive authors, can we not put Vlista under "inactive" he's been gone 3 years.....one of the first authors i've ever read....it saddens me it's been so long.

• Like 1

I Dearly love this author.....but since there is a spot for inactive authors, can we not put Vlista under "inactive" he's been gone 3 years.....one of the first authors i've ever read....it saddens me it's been so long.

He hasn't been around in all the time I've been on GA, so you're right, it has been over 3 years. I like his stories even though some parts are very difficult for someone to read. Hopefully, he'll come back soon!

I totally agree with you, but this will never happen.

My reason is this… how is it that a member that hasn’t logged since December 2003, has 1 forum post has just recently been granted Hosted on GA? I never heard of Kyle Aarons before he suddenly appeared!

As for your motion I concur that ANY author dormant for 3 years should be inactive…BUT good luck with that.

I will add that Vlista is one of my favourite authors but cannot even remember the last time he posted. Still, hope he and his are doing well. :)

I totally agree with you, but this will never happen.

My reason is this… how is it that a member that hasn’t logged since December 2003, has 1 forum post has just recently been granted Hosted on GA? I never heard of Kyle Aarons before he suddenly appeared!

As for your motion I concur that ANY author dormant for 3 years should be inactive…BUT good luck with that.

I will add that Vlista is one of my favourite authors but cannot even remember the last time he posted. Still, hope he and his are doing well. :)

Kyle Aarons work have been availble on this site since before I joined. Having read his work, I would suggest you read it and I believe you would agree with me that his works are worthwhile keeping. As to whether VLISTA should have hosted status, where do you stop? Domluka, has not posted for months, yet he achieves more reads than a number of promising authors together. Do we suggest that Domluka and Desert Dropping GO.?

Red_A A Domaholic for ever!!!

Kyle Aarons work have been availble on this site since before I joined. Having read his work, I would suggest you read it and I believe you would agree with me that his works are worthwhile keeping. As to whether VLISTA should have hosted status, where do you stop? Domluka, has not posted for months, yet he achieves more reads than a number of promising authors together. Do we suggest that Domluka and Desert Dropping GO.?

Red_A A Domaholic for ever!!!

I am pretty sure listing an author's status as inactive doesn't mean deleting their work - it just lets people know to not expect anything new. Am I wrong?

• Site Administrator

a few of things.

1) 'Inactive' was decided based more on topics in their forums than their current writing status. As this forum was active (and is active) it wasn't moved into the Inactive Hosted author area on the first cut.

2) Kyle Aarons has been a member since the beginning. Point of fact, he provided funding that allowed GA to exist at all at a critical time in our history. Kyle used to be an Administrator here. Just because you haven't heard of him, doesn't mean he isn't worthy of "Hosted". If you do decide to read his story take special heed of the strong warning up front. (I should also point out that his main story is currently 3rd longest on GA. And chapter 26 which is in editing, is 35,100 words at the moment, which moves him to number 2 longest story)

3) no one's work is getting deleted except perhaps some trivial abandoned stuff in eFiction.

• Like 1
If you do decide to read his story take special heed of the strong warning up front

It's good work, but please do take heed that a lot of people will find it offensive. Well worth the read, IMO, but he pulls very few blows about the nature of a midieval, class-based society without the puritan influence on sexuality.

Even with the puritan influence on sexuality, his take on orphanages is pretty scarily close to what was 'real' in a medieval time frame; they just weren't that blunt and accepting about it. (Orphans were 'spare parts' in 'excess of need'... they were lucky for what care they got, and generally expected to earn their keep.)

Edit:

That said, I know he's re-edited a lot of his earlier chapters; is GA getting the edited versions?

Edited by Rilbur

a few of things.

1) 'Inactive' was decided based more on topics in their forums than their current writing status. As this forum was active (and is active) it wasn't moved into the Inactive Hosted author area on the first cut.

2) Kyle Aarons has been a member since the beginning. Point of fact, he provided funding that allowed GA to exist at all at a critical time in our history. Kyle used to be an Administrator here. Just because you haven't heard of him, doesn't mean he isn't worthy of "Hosted". If you do decide to read his story take special heed of the strong warning up front. (I should also point out that his main story is currently 3rd longest on GA. And chapter 26 which is in editing, is 35,100 words at the moment, which moves him to number 2 longest story)

3) no one's work is getting deleted except perhaps some trivial abandoned stuff in eFiction.

It's a bit ironic that this kind of activity is what actually prevents it from being inactive.:D

I've read some of his stories: they're very good, but can be very dark.

Vlista ..... he's been gone 3 years...

.....Domluka, has not posted for months....

I'm under the dillusion that Vance & Dom are now happily dating; writing dozens of chapters, only allowing each other to read them; they then realize how selfish they're being, and release a floodgate of new material for their many fans to read. :music:

Take Care®,

Vic

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Site Administrator

I'm under the dillusion that Vance & Dom are now happily dating; writing dozens of chapters, only allowing each other to read them; they then realize how selfish they're being, and release a floodgate of new material for their many fans to read. :music:

Take Care®,

Vic

Guess that means you're on the outside looking in.............again :P

• 4 weeks later...

I have probably read a lot of stories on this site, However i still check every now and then if VLista has writen a new chapter. I think his stories are wonderful. In fact if it wasn't for his story shane i wouldn't know of this site.

over the year i become to enjoy other writers like dkstories & CJames

Saying that though i do think authors should be put into catagories especially after this long of wait. just so that we know like one monent will be unlikey to be finished. However i do agree that stories should not be deleted. he may want to start writing again it will be a sad day if this site misses that oppotunity

Edited by Ginge_4
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 years later...

just read kyles story kandric saga and i must say i became addicted to it. i read where i was and could, day and night. that was so enthralling. and still hope there will come even more and more, it has 30 chapters already and nowhere near the end, there is so much to tell about the many many characters playing in it to tell it complete.

another author whom i didnt find in here is roland from the castle roland storypage, where kyle is hosted too. he wrote a kind of prequel or side story to kandric with characters coming from 10,000 yrs before the time kandric plays and being transported in this current future. he finished book 1 of x but is just at the beginning of his story.

so i hope from both of them will be much much more. just started to read another story of kyle, based in the present but also with magical science fiction. and its even completed already so i can read and must not wait for the continuation :)

i must say thanks to all these forums and hosters for these wonderful stories, nifty, gay authors and castleroland as well.

keep up your good work, authors and hosters for us readers. we all appreciate this.

Darian Fey