[Duncan Ryder] How the LIght Gets In Chapters 19 and 20

I loved this second part! I got so emotionally involved in this story.....your writing is so great...some scenes leave me speechless...and just thinking how beautiful they are.

Especially between Luc and Matt :D

Can't wait for the new chapter!

I really love chapter 20. Who cares if it's actually part of chapter 19?

I like the way Luc is now relating to Matt. I only hope Matt comes to feel the same way about Luc. I hope the devils that are haunting Matt are soon driven away.

Thanks again, Duncan, for a great story.

• Like 1

It's been too long!!!

Great chapter. Of course it would take the force of that rally to finally break through Matt's emotional reserves.

It was quite wonderful to see Luc begin to realize how important Matt is to him.

To me, it seems like Matt has primarily been the one doing the comforting. And I feel like he, alone, has dealt with most of the apprehension/worry and incredibly careful navigation of their relationship. Glad the roles were reversed for a bit and that poor, poor Matt got some much needed support.

I'm just eagerly waiting for these guys to grow strong enough to open their hearts to one another. [sigh]

Duncan, I'm glad that you've given us two chapters instead of one. I love the way chapter 19 ended. The emotion is front and center, and the ending emphasizes Matt's confusion about his relationship with Luc and his confusion about himself. Chapter 20 brings us back to Scott and Josh, and we see the same kind of confusion in Scott. There are two pairs of protagonists in How the Light Gets In, and the tension is emphasized in the juxtaposition of these pairs. In chapters 19 and 20 the damaged member of each pair is the one who provides comfort to the other. As usual, you give us powerful, evocative story telling.

Colin B)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Not to seem like an idiot or anything but, it's going on ONE year since the last post of this story. Is this story really going to get finished ? After this story now I don't like investiing time in new authors if there isn't a finished product. This story is the 2nd time i read a story and it got so far and then just stopped abruptly with no notice at all saying whether or not it was going to finish. I would be more understanding if there was a reason given for the ONE year delay, but since there's no reason then I just will keep the other comments what I was going to say.

• 9 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...