Name your favourite gay movie. What did you like best about it?

I've always liked Grease. For some reason it looked to me like Danny Zuko was making eyes at Kenickie the whole time --- especially during Greased Lightning. That would be a fan fic pairing I would definitely read.

• Like 3

I've always liked Grease. For some reason it looked to me like Danny Zuko was making eyes at Kenickie the whole time --- especially during Greased Lightning. That would be a fan fic pairing I would definitely read.

That is the funniest thing I've ever heard! I think I used to think that when I was younger. Maybe even now! hahaha

Okay so everyone says how great Brokeback Mountain was, and it was great but I have a really corny favourite movie. Its called 'Not another gay movie' or something like that. It's stupid and stereotypical but dear god it made me laugh. I first watched it with my friend and we just pissed ourselves laughing. The whole movie was more or less based around sex and it was hilarious.

• Like 1

I realize this is late notice, but "Prayers For Bobby" airs tonight on the Lifetime Movie Network (two showings, at 7 pm Pacific and 11 pm Pacific). I've heard it's a tear-jerker, so the DVR is all set.

And yes, L.I.E. was amazing. Paul Dano was fantastic as Howie Blitzer. I first saw that movie on Sundance Channel; I wonder why it doesn't show up on cable TV anymore?

• Like 3

hi guys. Lets discuss some great movies you have watched. Looking forward to this!

Ok, I saw a french film. "The Man in his Life". The plot: a man takes his family (wife and two children, plus some extended family) on vacation. Their next door neighbor is openly gay. The married man becomes good friends with the gay man. As the vacation goes on the married man becomes infatuated with the gay neighbor. So much so that he can't make love to his wife. The gay neighbor gets called away on family business and the family man becomes morose. Finaly he leaves his wife on vacation and in fact leaves her. There was no sex between the two men (rats). There was no real sence that the Gay man felt anything more than friendship. It was all about relationship dynamics. Very strange subplots, which may or may not have a bearing on the main theme.I liked it a lot, found it on Netflix after the first viewing it was no longer available. I would have liked to see it several times. It was a "French" film (meaning any comments realy focus on the director and not the actors, etc) I hope I don't offend any french film fans.

I personally love Latter Days. I think its because it connected to me more then most movies because I actually grew up in a Mormon Family just like the movie. Come to think of it, I want to watch that again...

I too liked latter days. I spent 20 years of my adult life as a "convert". In each interview I said I was attracted to other men. The response was "if you don't act, it's ok." Boy when I acted, it sure was different. I attended my excomunication (apparently most don't I simple said there views were shortsighted) . I think the Stake President expected more remorse. I was exalted to be free. No Mormon pun intended. More jaded now, I don't look back fondly. Latter days relied a lot on farfetched possibilities. the ending seemed too contrived. I over looked the gimicks and enjoyed the happy ending.

• Like 2

There's a gem out there called Issues 101 that I enjoy. It isn't the best movie and the Indie Spirit Awards aren't going to be knocking down their door any time soon. But if you take for what it is, it isn't half bad. And there's a Kelly Clarkson cameo in it that is to DIE for.

• Like 1

I also liked Latter Days and the boys in A Beautiful Thing were adorable! Especially the scene where they're talking about 'frottage.' LOL Another Gay Movie was completely stereotypical and campy, but I remember laughing hysterically over certain scenes. The 'mini-me' dyke was too funny. How each of the friends tried to get laid and it all went so outrageously wrong was pretty funny.

Some of my other favorites are Edge of Seventeen -- it's kind of sad, but very poignant. It's an 80's movie, so the music is ... well ... it's the 80's. :P I love how the older men take him under their wing and give him their friendship.

I like Parting Glances, too. Now that's a movie about love. There is a love triangle, but it's different from most you find. The main character loves two men. One he's romantically entangled with, and the other is his best friend. Both of those men love him romantically, and are wildly jealous of each other. One of them is going off to work overseas and the other is dying of AIDS.

A movie that's not a 'gay' movie but still had me laughing is "Wet Hot American Summer." All the characters are supposed to be teens working at a summer camp, and lusting after each other, of course. The only couple to get any action is the gay couple. This is a movie in the style of "Another Gay Movie" and "Scary Movie" and the like. It's campy and stupid ... and I got a kick out of the visiting college professor and the "indoor kids."

My favourite gay movie is My Own Private Idaho starring River Phoenix and Keanu Reeves. It was directed by Gus van Sant. I used to love River Phoenix. I thought he was sensitive and beautiful. When the movie was on I went to see it seven times. The last time I sat in theater alone.

Posted Image

To me this was such a good movie. It introduced me to a wide range of emotions regarding the "ex gay reparative therapy" ideals that are going around. I warn you this movie is not for the weak of mind or soul, but will make you think about a lot of things when you are done watching it. Oh and here's a synopisis from the movie:

A sex and drug addicted young man who is forced into a Christian-run ministry in an attempt to cure him of his "gay affliction", where instead he is faced with the truth in his heart and spirit.

To me this was such a good movie. It introduced me to a wide range of emotions regarding the "ex gay reparative therapy" ideals that are going around. I warn you this movie is not for the weak of mind or soul, but will make you think about a lot of things when you are done watching it. Oh and here's a synopisis from the movie:[/size][/color][/size][/font]

What movie is this?

How come no one has mentioned Shelter? Especially those want-a-happy-ending people . . . :P

I was scrolling through and was surprised it took so long for this to pop up. I can watch this movie and Trick over and over. The endings are really too cute.

• Like 1