A discussion thread for the first big project of Anton, called Twin Passions

Disinherited by their father, twins Roland and Robert are given to York Cathedral where they come to rely on each other for emotional support. The twins are two sides of the same coin and cannot imagine how they could survive life without the other; but both of their lives change when Roland meets and falls in love with Wulfric, another novice monk. This is a story of love, jealousy and brotherhood interwoven with the downfall of Richard II and a rebellion against Henry IV.

Set in the late 14th early 15th century, this story definitely warrants a read! :)

The Prologue is posted. Do leave a comment as to what you think :)

It's a trap! **Edit: It is no longer a trap.

A very promising start! I like the use of biblical references to set up the tone and (possibly)themes of the story, very clever : )

Your writing style is also very clear, and your imagery crisp. I am looking forward to the rest of this story.

So, I can't lie. I'm not really familiar with this genre very much, but I just got done with the prologue and the first chapter and i think it's very intriguing. I'm curious where this whole thing is going (so consider me hooked), and the language, tone and intrigue almost reminds me of the Three Muskateers.

PS, as a preacher's kid, I also loved the bible verse references. Reminded me of my brother and me-- he knows pretty much every major passage and I'm always just a hair off.

• Like 1

So, I can't lie. I'm not really familiar with this genre very much, but I just got done with the prologue and the first chapter and i think it's very intriguing. I'm curious where this whole thing is going (so consider me hooked), and the language, tone and intrigue almost reminds me of the Three Muskateers.

PS, as a preacher's kid, I also loved the bible verse references. Reminded me of my brother and me-- he knows pretty much every major passage and I'm always just a hair off.

Ta, mate. I am glad that you are into it and I'm chuffed to bits that you would compare it to Alexandre Dumas' work. I hope that your interest continues as the store progresses.

Ps. Well, to be fair, I look up the passages from the ESV to check for accuracy. I would be pretty useless without it.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...