Hey everyone :D

I got a wonderful writing idea from Jian. Flash Fiction! ^_^ he literally is my saviour! :D

There were a few characters in my head from an idea by Carl, for a long time now, i remember naming them back when we were planning Shades of Grey

So, i decided to try to write individual situations in the lives of these few characters. and maybe, just maybe, they could link to each other in some sort of a depiction of their lives. Even if they dont make sense one after the other, the flash pieces will, individually. (i hope)

This is a request to everyone who read the story, Trying to...

I would love suggestions, ideas, even situations that you think they can or would eventually face!

The characters as it stands so far are:

Tyler, a musician, he has a daughter (whose name i dont have.. yet :*) uh, any suggestions?)

Mel, Tyler's best friend.

Scott, a businessman (havent decided on the 'business' yet), Mel's brother.

Tyler's 12 year old daughter.

Thanks to everyone in advance.

Let me know what you guys think of the idea, or am i overthinking it? :*) ( lemme know if you think i am!)

Cheers!

• Like 1
  • Site Administrator

Flash fiction is great. I tend to use it to write my Dribbles and not continue stories but I do think that it can be fascinating to see small snapshots of characters lives in stories we are familiar with. In fact, one of the dribbles I posted today was a future snapshot from one of my stories to meet one of Lugh's prompts. The only thing I had to do was make sure I had the facts straight like names, professions, things like that. As long as you can keep all the details straight it's a great writing idea.

I suggest you name Tyler's daughter's as Spye.... in which in latin is Blue Sky. :D I'll think of something later.

Hmm... duly noted! ^_^

Flash fiction is great. I tend to use it to write my Dribbles and not continue stories but I do think that it can be fascinating to see small snapshots of characters lives in stories we are familiar with. In fact, one of the dribbles I posted today was a future snapshot from one of my stories to meet one of Lugh's prompts. The only thing I had to do was make sure I had the facts straight like names, professions, things like that. As long as you can keep all the details straight it's a great writing idea.

Thanks Cia. :D

And yeah the details would probably pose a problem, hence this thread! lol

wish me luck! ^_^

• Like 1

Maybe Scott could be a record producer? I'd also like to read about Tyler and his interactions with his daughter.

Ooooh! record producer!!

Noted! thanks! ^_^

the tiny hitch, i have no clue about that job!

tbh, i was thinking something ... something that he inherited, maybe! *shrugs* lol

• Like 1

I like the idea of a parent facing modern day dating with a child. Having a child, I know that if I was ever to have to date again (God let’s hope that never happens) but if I did, my daughter would play a huge role. She would have to be comfortable with me dating or I wouldn’t do it.

My hubby and I have talked about this. That we would do whatever was best for our child first before thinking about ourselves.

I can’t wait to read more!

I like the idea of a parent facing modern day dating with a child. Having a child, I know that if I was ever to have to date again (God let’s hope that never happens) but if I did, my daughter would play a huge role. She would have to be comfortable with me dating or I wouldn’t do it.

My hubby and I have talked about this. That we would do whatever was best for our child first before thinking about ourselves.

I can’t wait to read more!

Thank you for the vote of confidence. ^_^

I hope i can do these characters justice. :)

I like them a little too much.

Tyler is such an awesome person, that it really hurts to think what he is going though. :/ Like wise, Scott...

we'll see what happens, right? :D

• Like 1

Trying to Hope

So, what do you think of Eli?

Thoughts??

I like Eli. At first she seemed kind of timid but has blossomed as a character. I would like to see her act more like a kid her age. Sassy, think they know everything, nosey, pushing the boundaries. Even the best kids do these things. It's how they test out their limits and the waters around them.:P

one question, the name "Eli" is it short for something? All the Eli's I've known were boys. Might have been Ellie for a girl unless it's a nickname? I cant wait to see where you take this!

• Like 1

I like Eli. At first she seemed kind of timid but has blossomed as a character. I would like to see her act more like a kid her age. Sassy, think they know everything, nosey, pushing the boundaries. Even the best kids do these things. It's how they test out their limits and the waters around them.:P

one question, the name "Eli" is it short for something? All the Eli's I've known were boys. Might have been Ellie for a girl unless it's a nickname? I cant wait to see where you take this!

;) just you wait for her Sassiness to show! ;) you have NO idea how 'know-it all' she can be! lol

Eli is short for Eleonora. i LOVE that name. :) it's the name of my Dragon actually. My Eli said, she didnt mind lending her name. ^_^

She is a little blonde angel 0:) (yeah.. right)

:hug: thanks for the support :)

• Like 1

Okay, I have to say that my heart was racing at the thought that Eli might be hurt. Maybe just the Daddy in me reacting to how I would respond if my child was injured, but I thing Ty can see that Scott accepts him as a family man first and the next step can be a relationship not just Ty and Scott, but with Eli too. It takes a village to raise a child! Well done!

Okay, I have to say that my heart was racing at the thought that Eli might be hurt. Maybe just the Daddy in me reacting to how I would respond if my child was injured, but I thing Ty can see that Scott accepts him as a family man first and the next step can be a relationship not just Ty and Scott, but with Eli too. It takes a village to raise a child! Well done!

Glad that you think the behaviour is believable. :) Also, I hope everyone realises that there are significant time gaps b/w the chapters. :P

Keeping the stories exclusive is tougher than i thought! :P lets see how long i can pull this off for! :)

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...