[DomLuka] Domluka's Extreme Hiatus

I hope too he has hit the jack pot. Maybe he has started to publish and gets payed for his amazing stuff now. I like the the lover idea too.

It would be nice thoug to drop in a line or to for those of us waiting and hoping if he is not coming back any time soon.

Dom is becoming a legend, especially after his hiatus... Legends... now I just got another idea for the fall antho... about where Dom, a GA Legend has been hiding :D

Seriously, Dom, come back. Pleez.

I miss him too :,(

He's a great author and i LOVE ALL of his stories. He's like my #1 fav author :P

I wish he'll come back very soon. I want you Dom!! COME BACK! Don't leave us, it's been over a year :,(

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

*sigh* I used to check in every week. than every month. Now.. I think it's been 6 months, if not longer. I seem to have the gift of making authors disapear. Acherland pretty much ended when I began reading. The author that Dom sujested (Matt ) stopped writing. I found someone called ABguy on yahoo, he's on hiatus. And than there's Dom. I'm beginning to think I should stick to books Posted Image

• Like 1

I used to check GA every two or three days just to see if there were updates on any of Dom's stories.

Then he went on hiatus...late last year I was ecstatic. I thought he was back.

Then he disappeared again....

Nobody knows where he is or even if he's okay?

Posted Image

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Most of the time, I have resigned myself to Dom's absence. But, sometimes, like tonight, I find myself staring at the computer in defeat. I need a Dom fix and the scary truth is that I am losing hope he is going to come back and finish With Trust, Hello Stupid, and Leave the Pieces. I am pretty sure he has never been gone this long before. Pathetic, I know, but mostly I just would like a little closure about Dom, even if he doesn't finish the stories (although I'd REALLY like him too).

*sigh* I used to check in every week. than every month. Now.. I think it's been 6 months, if not longer. I seem to have the gift of making authors disapear. Acherland pretty much ended when I began reading. The author that Dom sujested (Matt ) stopped writing. I found someone called ABguy on yahoo, he's on hiatus. And than there's Dom. I'm beginning to think I should stick to books Posted Image

I feel your pain my friend. I read all that same stuff and it's hard when you become emotionally invested in something and then it goes by the wayside - no matter the reason.

• 2 weeks later...

I miss Dom terribly. His characters are so vivid, when a story ends it is like when you move away and never see those friends again, but at least with the completed stories you had the comfort of knowing they were okay. With Nelson and Milo, it is like they are in carbonite.

Dom's one of my favorites too. But look at the guy's output. I just have one story going and it's taken the greater part of the decade to get it out there because my offline life is so busy! I can only imagine that Dom is off living his life and that as of now he's said what he has to say, narratively. I look for him to be back when he gets the itch to say more.

Look, if the man needs an itch, I'll buy him the powder. And I'll buy him the pens. And I'll even go wherever necessary and apply same. Just pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez sumbdy tell him we need him back. :)

• 3 months later...

Hey, guys. I really miss Dom's updates. I'm going crazy cause the With Trust story isn't finished. I read through most of his stories several times (I go back to reading them again every couple of months). I just went through them again, and I wanted to read something else before I get back to Dom' stories again, but I'm having trouble finding really good stories after Dom set such high standards with his stories :-) Do you guys have anything similar to suggest?

I kinda have certain criteria. The story has to be somewhat realistic (no magic stuff, no princes, celebrities...), it has to be modern (no 19th century stuff, or Ancient Rome lol), preferably written in first person, must have a good plot and not just a bunch of sex scenes.

Basically what I'm looking for is something somewhat similar to TLW, DD, TOU, WT - revolving around a regular guy who's in high school (or even college), who realizes/deals with being gay, meets someone, you know the rest...

Call me high-maintenance, but I've always been picky when it came to stories/books and, as far as reading goes, finding Dom's stories is one of the best things that ever happened to me. :-P

Hey, guys. I really miss Dom's updates. I'm going crazy cause the With Trust story isn't finished. I read through most of his stories several times (I go back to reading them again every couple of months). I just went through them again, and I wanted to read something else before I get back to Dom' stories again, but I'm having trouble finding really good stories after Dom set such high standards with his stories :-) Do you guys have anything similar to suggest?

I kinda have certain criteria. The story has to be somewhat realistic (no magic stuff, no princes, celebrities...), it has to be modern (no 19th century stuff, or Ancient Rome lol), preferably written in first person, must have a good plot and not just a bunch of sex scenes.

Basically what I'm looking for is something somewhat similar to TLW, DD, TOU, WT - revolving around a regular guy who's in high school (or even college), who realizes/deals with being gay, meets someone, you know the rest...

Call me high-maintenance, but I've always been picky when it came to stories/books and, as far as reading goes, finding Dom's stories is one of the best things that ever happened to me. :-P

You Might give "Just Hit Send" by Grasshopper at: http://iomfats.org/s...ed/grasshopper/ a try.

Grasshopper was a young 18 yo when he wrote Just Hit Send but the content of this story is well beyond that of a 17/18 yo author. This story is complete.

Hit next story "Just One Starfish" is not finished. Grasshoppers last post of this story was May 26th of 2008

Grasshopper was working on a ranch in Wyoming owned by a relative as I remember. He was closing an overhead metal door and caught his fingers between two panels and crushed them between two of the panels.

Dave at IOM has said that Grasshopper had a difficult recovery from that accident and has never continued his writing.

Three years later and writing this still brings tears to my eyes.

Edited by Eddy
  • Like 1

You Might give "Just Hit Send" by Grasshopper at: http://iomfats.org/s...ed/grasshopper/ a try.

Grasshopper was a young 18 yo when he wrote Just Hit Send but the content of this story is well beyond that of a 17/18 yo author. This story is complete.

Hit next story "Just One Starfish" is not finished. Grasshoppers last post of this story was May 26th of 2008

Are you sure it isn't Complete? I thought it was (admittedly, I don't remember anymore the plot of that story). The last update on it is on July 21, 2008.

I love, love, love the stories of Cole Parker at Awesome Dude.

Great stories are On the High Plains of Wyoming, Middle School, Duck Duck Goose, Josh Evolving, Courage, English 10 and When He Was Five. I love all his stuff though.

Although I love Dom Luca and Mark Arbour and their stories, my all time favorite will always be Lem by Dave Milos. Even though I found it at Nifty, it was that story that opened the world of more than a F&S story to me.

If you haven't read Chronicles of an Academic Predator by Mark Arbour, you should. I was totally put off by the title and thought I wouldn't like it, but now I am an addict to the CAP series, currently in Book # 12.

NightOwl, Krista, Camilo (if he would finish his story, The Perks of Loving You) and Billy Brat are other people I love. If you want to read semi-auto-biographical stories, JamesSavik and Adam Philips here are great.

Lastly, It Started With Brian is one of the most influential stories I've ever read.

• Like 2

Although I love Dom Luca and Mark Arbour and their stories, my all time favorite will always be Lem by Dave Milos. Even though I found it at Nifty, it was that story that opened the world of more than a F&S story to me.

I'll second the recommendation of Lem. It's a great story of the same quality. Don't be put off by the Nifty category 'young-friends'. I think it was miscategorized due to the first chapter or so. Most of the story deals in High School & later.

Are you sure it isn't Complete? I thought it was (admittedly, I don't remember anymore the plot of that story). The last update on it is on July 21, 2008.

I can't guarantee that to be true, but am fairly sure it was not completed. He had been writing the story when the accident occurred. I just checked IOM and Dave has not marked the story as complete. The last entry on his forum thread is dated Dec.30, 2008 and was not written by Grasshopper

• 1 month later...

I just think it is selfish of authors who just up and completely STOP writing, in the middle of a story and then VANISH without so much as a "see ya" of even a "kiss my ass". At least we would know not to look for these inconsiderate people.

I know this sounds very harsh but it is genuinely how most of us 'readers' feel when a very good author like Dom, Vance, etc. stops and vanishes without a trace. Common decency should dictate to any author with a sense of pride and self accoplishment should, at the very least, finish their last work before vanishing like douches in the night.

Sorry, but the last few years, this site has gone so far down hill, I only check it once a year now. So sad. Same goes for Grasshopper as well. I used to respect these people and revere them as wonderful authors. Now. . . not so much. They are huge disapointments instead.

Marco ( sad and disgusted)