Write a letter to an object (NOT A PERSON) you feel you need to spend more time with, but do not name the object. We should know what it is by how you describe your time together.

Dear ***

I miss you all the time. My hands itch to get to you. I carry you around with me in my bag, wrapped in plastic to keep you dry and clean. I take you everywhere just in case I get even a smallest period of time alone with you. I want to share my imagination with you.

You have become a serious rivalry to my other favorite thing. You both are making me creative and keep me in inspired – sometimes in a heavily aroused – state all the time. When the other one holds me still with mere words and worldwide connections, you in your simplicity have brought me back to my original roots. With you I stare into the world of my inner self.

I feel I am conflicted, I am torn. My oldest object of desire keeps calling me too – yeah, you guys are not alone. It waits for me, spread on the floor, needing my body to press against it in various positions. Physical connection with the greedy vixen has been set aside for now.

I want you more.

Lately my hands seek more for your surface than my other companions’, making me want to fill you with my inner thoughts. I want to scrape your white texture with sharp objects, leaving my marks there. Sometimes I want to brush away the hard lines and make you wet and see the image blurring in front of me.

With you it is all about black and white, colors and shades, forms and images. There are no language barriers, we understand each other perfectly.

Dear....

I miss you.

When I was young all I wanted was to lose you. Now I wish it was possible to find you again but two children and a history makes that impossible.

I never apprecaited you when I had you but now I realise that you were more valuable that I could have imagined and I should have taken better care of you and kept you safe until I could have given you to someone who really deserved you. Ah well... too late now.

I miss you.

• Site Administrator

Wow Nephy, your piece is great! I really love your description of your sketchbook, Maria, and how you feel about it. I'll have to think about this one to live up to either of those.

Dear ***

I miss you all the time. My hands itch to get to you. I carry you around with me in my bag, wrapped in plastic to keep you dry and clean. I take you everywhere just in case I get even a smallest period of time alone with you. I want to share my imagination with you.

You have become a serious rivalry to my other favorite thing. You both are making me creative and keep me in inspired – sometimes in a heavily aroused – state all the time. When the other one holds me still with mere words and worldwide connections, you in your simplicity have brought me back to my original roots. With you I stare into the world of my inner self.

I feel I am conflicted, I am torn. My oldest object of desire keeps calling me too – yeah, you guys are not alone. It waits for me, spread on the floor, needing my body to press against it in various positions. Physical connection with the greedy vixen has been set aside for now.

I want you more.

Lately my hands seek more for your surface than my other companions’, making me want to fill you with my inner thoughts. I want to scrape your white texture with sharp objects, leaving my marks there. Sometimes I want to brush away the hard lines and make you wet and see the image blurring in front of me.

With you it is all about black and white, colors and shades, forms and images. There are no language barriers, we understand each other perfectly.

A notebook?

Dear....

I miss you.

When I was young all I wanted was to lose you. Now I wish it was possible to find you again but two children and a history makes that impossible.

I never apprecaited you when I had you but now I realise that you were more valuable that I could have imagined and I should have taken better care of you and kept you safe until I could have given you to someone who really deserved you. Ah well... too late now.

I miss you.

Posted Image So mysterious Nephy...What is the object?

So I know it's really obvious. Bla.

And don't expect me to make a habit of this, Lugh and Maria :P

I know I should spend more time with you. I don't want to forget . . . but in some ways, I think it's like riding a bike. More than that, even. You're ingrained in me already--a part of my person. Not something I do, but something I am.

It's strange to think there were others before me that had this same connection to you. But there were, of course, in your long existence. How many, I wonder? Ten? Twenty? How many other hands ran along your curves, or danced on your neck? How long were you a part of them? Is any part of them still a part of you?

Stranger still, who will hold you after I am long gone? And will they ask the same questions?

In any case, I hope you bring them joy, solace, hope, relief, energy, strength, and at least some form of confidence, as you did for me. For that I will always be grateful.

Ah, I'm missing you again. Time to set aside a few hours for some quality time together.

Dear *****

You feel so right in my hand, but it’s been such a long time.

I only found you again recently. And used you twice too in less than a week.

It’s all too easy these days, technology has gone mad. I enjoyed our hours of togetherness. You are so small, so ornate and yet, incredibly powerful. With teamwork we evoke so many emotions.

We have covered love and sorrow, happiness and tears. Our working together had lasted so long. I have neglected you lately, and for that I was wrong.

You’re seen as old fashioned, too much like hard work. When really all you have done is be replaced. You’re a thing of few parts and come in all sizes and styles, all colours and materials, and prices too.

I wanted you to last for years so I paid over the odds to have you embellished in a shiny silver art nouveau coat, your main body the shiniest of black. You feel heavy in my hand and that feels good.

But it’s what lies inside you that hold the powerful source. We can build worlds together, fight untold battles and win or lose a war.

We can make magic, fantasy and whole new worlds, we can also be sexy and rude, create so many moods. So as I grip you in my hand, let’s get back what we lost. It’s time to begin again. Hello my old friend.

• Like 1

Hi beautiful,

(although, for anyone else but me, it will be a stretch to even consider you that right now. But that’s not so much your fault as it is mine. So, for all the derogatory terms you hear, let me apologise in advance and hope that in your heart, you can find enough love for me to forgive me someday.)

It’s been long, way too long when you were presented to me.. do you remember the first time I held you in my hands... I still blush at the memory of me kissing you in front of all those people. (I still get teased over that one. Then again, at ten, could anyone have expected anything different from a giddy schoolgirl who wanted nothing more than all her clothes to match and all her accessories that weren’t already colour specified, to be something special... something different.. mainly RED.) All I could think was how well you suited my needs, and the fact that you are Red suited my want. It was a strict school, wasn’t it?

Were you scared when they ripped you away from me? When they locked you in the closet for over two nights before I could rescue you again? I promised to take care of you and protect you from all harm then. Did you believe the gangly eleven year-old? I managed to keep my promise to you I think for all of these 15 years that you’ve been my constant companion; people still consider me a freak that my confidante is a ... Know what? It doesn’t matter! No matter what people say about you, or of you, no matter what name they assign to you, you’ll always be my special one.

They haven’t been with me through thick and thin, you have... and you’re the one that deserves every bit of pampering I can manage and then some.

You’ve made me the trendiest kid, and the craziest one, and I’ve loved you more every day of my life. It breaks my heart every time I have to mend you with my unpractised hands, its jut that I cannot entrust anyone with your care.I am sorry it has taken me over two years now to get you fixed well enough to be usable again... but i tooka stand againt my logical side of the stupid brain and mended you... Did I hurt you too much? i needed you in my life a bit too much, again.

Tell me though my darling Ella, have you been happy with me? As happy as I have been to have you in my life.

Love you a bit more everyday...

Yours sincerely,

F

:P some one care to take a guess? ^_^

But it’s what lies inside you that hold the powerful source. We can build worlds together, fight untold battles and win or lose a war.

We can make magic, fantasy and whole new worlds, we can also be sexy and rude, create so many moods. So as I grip you in my hand, let’s get back what we lost. It’s time to begin again. Hello my old friend.

MARKY!!!

is that to a pen??? if it is, I love you a little more :P

if not!! please tell me what it is! lol

It's worth a shot.

===============

Dearest _________,

It has been too long since we've known the power of our union. I miss your graceful sweep, the heft of you in my hand, your exquisite craftsmanship. Our affair was forged in flame, hammered with time and the grueling labors of patience. Our separation seems unnatural. What are you without me but an object of danger and beauty, untamed and glinting? What am I without you but a man, weak and powerless? We danced together in the incandescence of bloodlust, your potent poise reminding all who would dare challenge our love of their frailty. Your protection, the confidence you gave me― I can not survive without them against these slings and arrows of outrageous fortune.

Do you remember how I used to hold you? Do you remember how I would bathe you, ridding you of your battle grime? We would retire to the foundry of our romance, where I'd hold you oh-so-delicately, running my hands along your sides, reminding you of when our love was freshly honed, new, and pure.

I am forever yours,

Nathan

My broadsword

Edited by aberneth

most excellent job guys.

please remember not to copy the entire story into your post... just cut most of it please to keep it shorter for scrolling. Thanks.

You can also use the spoiler tags

[spoiler] and [/spoiler]

to hide the answer

I am autistic. Love is a pretty difficult thing for a lot of us. We have little ability to understand what is meant by the word. And as for loving an object, well, that has an ability to seem silly to our logical minds. For me, loving an object is more like extreme liking. Anyway, so I hope you will forgive me going slightly off topic with this piece. It is the penultimate paragraph from a flash piece I did recently, so if you'd rather read it through, go to the story itself, rather than this, which is a bit of a spoiler inadvertently.

It is all but impossible to describe love. It inevitably comes back to the physical. Or at least, as physical motifs which describe the inner thing. But let me put it this way: whipped cream folded with icing sugar and lemon juice. The soft, smooth, silky, unctuous, yet vapid, almost imperceptible texture, forced through by sharp, tart, citric insistence. I hold his body to me. Full muscles in gentle wrapping, transmitting an inner warmth. And the texture of his turgid cock full in my mouth. His hands running through my hair as I caress his buttocks, smooth tightnesses above the rough of lightly barked lower limbs. The feel of his belly at the base of his length against my upper lip and cheek. These are intimacies which speak nothing of love intrinsically. But they are intimacies which are the most clear description of unforced, gentle, mutual loving. Of exposure to the danger of the broken heart through the vulnerable body.

God, how I love him. How could I ever have neglected to seek him out?

• Site Administrator

Strong. Silent. Deadly...

Using you is a challenge and a satisfaction. Each curve and line holds a grace unrivaled by any other I have owned. Smoothly pulling, I hold you as long as I can before letting out a breath and with it, you. My arms ache, my shoulders cry out but I do it again, my eye trained through one small hole to the red, yellow, and green dots that decorate your front. I forget to bend my elbow and you slap me, making my breath hiss out in pain. The small red welt is a lesson I won't forget this next time.

I draw again. My hand grips your delicate curve for a moment and then I relax my fingers, bend my elbow and release my breath along with your restrained power. The twang and thwap are the only sounds I can hear and then I suck in air, gasping a little. Turning, I lay you down on the cushioned dowels.

I look up and down the line.

"Clear course?"

Nods.

I look at you and then head to the target. I'll be right back though.

• Like 1
  • Site Administrator

Yes Frosty. Mine is more of a one sided conversation with it though, rather than a hand written letter. Didn't quite follow directions but enh... ;)

Old Friend,

The season of your return is once again upon us. As always, I look forward to the shadow of your protection as we venture forth, but I fear that this may be your last season.

Time and rays have taken their toll and you are beginning to show your age. Your luster is gone and there is some fraying around your edges. I'm afraid that the strength that was woven into you has faded and you can no longer provide that comfortable shadow of protection for which you were made. When this season is over, you will go back to your place of repose for a well deserved rest.

I know that I shall never find your like again. The world has changed over the years and so has custom, but we will have one last season together and I shall enjoy spending it with you in the protection that you have provided all these years.

Straw Hat

Edited by Tomas
  • Site Administrator

I knew it was something like that but you still had me guessing a few other options Tomas. Good one!

Frosty, I was totally stumped but Lugh mentioned he thought it was a

scarf

Aberneth, did you have a

sword

at one time?

Nathan, I agree with Cia and say that it was a

Sword

I knew it was something like that but you still had me guessing a few other options Tomas. Good one!

Frosty, I was totally stumped but Lugh mentioned he thought it was a

scarf

But Cia, how is it a confidante? :P

It is a

Leather hand bag... a purse of sorts. ^_^

it literally held all my secrets :D

so... is that a good thing or a bad thing that you guessed wrong? :blink::unsure:

:boy: Its my very posh ornate victorian replica pen. :D

Oh, Marky,

I have no idea what that was. But the evocation of love by friendship was utterly blissful. Thank you. :worship:

You got it lugh sorry its took so long to reply :boy::D

nice Marky... now you need to tell what it is... I have an idea what I think it might be.

• Like 1