Open Club  ·  74 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Circumnavigation 98: And the Sea shall give up its Dead

And the Sea shall give up its Dead is up.

For some time now, I've been promising that, when the story reaches Dec 17th, 2006, we will have answers.

Well, this is the chapter where that date is reached, and covers a great deal.

I'll also mention here that the title of the next chapter is "Revelation", which covers the rest.

Enjoy, and for those going out tonight, be safe. :)

"And the Sea shall give up its Dead"

This quote is from revelations

It is time

“It was time”

This chapter is full of revelations, read well and be amazed, but this last section is a beautiful piece of writing. The scene is perfectly set, the writing just right. For those who have been following the story from the Prologue, will instantly realise the significance. I think it is CJ best piece.

PS CJ assure me there is not a cliff in slight

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9fjJJi1fiY&feature=related

CJ, I don't know how you do it ; you even turn solutions into cliffhangers!!

the name on the piece of paper, his "deceased" wife?????

Basingstoke is still a worry; I am not sure why he went to the trouble to setting tacking devices when his brief is to get Trev into the next world asap.....

Great writing as ever.....

The boat on which is currently trevor is not the boat they are looking for by chance?

The lady with the cane his mother?

And what will happen to those who pursue it? How will they be stopped?

So many questions and no answer yet ...

Strongly the next chapter (and subsequent ?...)

• Like 1

The plot convolutions are seemingly employed merely to make the poor characters suffer and thus the readers with them. I saw damn few answers, lots of hints and still have many questions because most of my assumptions seem to have been false.

Lead astray by either a master or a charlatan. Perhaps the next few chapters will prove one or the other....

Posted Image ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Hmmmmmm! I knew the goat was going to split this mystery, yet he shoveled in a lot of answers as can be seen. Henry was wise in not allowing Dirk to answer all of Joel's and Lisa's questions as the danger of Bridget knowing what they know was too great. Gonzales has to be slacked jawed to see Rachels name on the list, it would be the only reason for Frank to be so smug about the arrest not being a happening. Mr. B may have made a mistake, what if Trevor and Shane sails away in a thunderstorm and the mast gets hit by a lighting strike? Would that not knock out his tracking device? Finally we have Rachel making her way down the dock to Trevor with the long promised sea shell towards Trevor whose recognition of her causes him a emotional panic.

The sea gave up the 'missing Rachel', now where is the Ares?

• Like 1
  • Site Administrator

Wow, wow, wow.

I'm sure the goat could throw a twist or two in here but I have a feeling he won't.

Now the one week wait for the final chapter (I think) and then all will be well Posted Image Oh wait, there is still Basingstoke Posted Image

And from the Prologue:

As Rachel finished trimming the boat and balancing the sails, she took one last, lingering glance back at the receding shoreline, remembering her young son saying goodbye to her that morning, and asking her to bring him home a seashell for his birthday. Rachel wiped away a tear that had come unbidden to her eye and went forward to check on her guests.

Beautiful CJ Posted Image

Edited by wildone

"And the Sea shall give up its Dead"

This quote is from revelations

It is time

“It was time”

This chapter is full of revelations, read well and be amazed, but this last section is a beautiful piece of writing. The scene is perfectly set, the writing just right. For those who have been following the story from the Prologue, will instantly realise the significance. I think it is CJ best piece.

PS CJ assure me there is not a cliff in slight

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9fjJJi1fiY&feature=related

Thanks Red!!!!

This chapter has been in the works ever since the prologue. Well, not actually being worked on, but it's what I've been aiming for.

The story prologue was very much both a key to, and a roadmap for, the plot. One of my favorite lines in the prologue is,

As Rachel finished trimming the boat and balancing the sails, she took one last, lingering glance back at the receding shoreline, remembering her young son saying goodbye to her that morning, and asking her to bring him home a seashell for his birthday. Rachel wiped away a tear that had come unbidden to her eye and went forward to check on her guests.

CJ, I don't know how you do it ; you even turn solutions into cliffhangers!!

the name on the piece of paper, his "deceased" wife?????

Basingstoke is still a worry; I am not sure why he went to the trouble to setting tacking devices when his brief is to get Trev into the next world asap.....

Great writing as ever.....

Ah, that name on the paper... We find that, and all else, in "Revelations", the next chapter. We do know it's not Bridget though... and it's just one name, one Gonzalez finds utterly impossible. :)

Basingstoke isn't a worry; Trevor and Shane don't know about him, so they aren't worried at all. :) Also, Basingstoke has specific orders to get Trevor's head and send it to Sanchez. That makes this harder, especially with Trevor now being famous. One thing hitmen hate is publicity, and just taking Trevor's head would create a media firestorm. Basingstoke is a real pro, and prefers a more... thoughtful approach. So, as part of that, he gave himself a way to find Kookaburra at any time.

And cliffhanger? There is no cliffhanger! As is often said, one hitman does not a cliffhanger make. :P

(And that doesn't just appear in my posts.. it's in one of Zombie's, too.) Posted Image

What is important here is the woman called him Trev, not Trevor, the same name Mrs. Blake used while Mrs. Fowler called him Trevor. Good chapter with some real movement. Charles Lane

She knows him, and he knows her; her voice is familiar to him, "Across five yards and twice as many years". Ten years. And she calls him "Trev", good eye! That's not the first time I've used the Trev/Trevor issue in the story, for a character to out of the blue call him "Trev", with no ostensible grounds for knowing his nickname like that. :)

The boat on which is currently trevor is not the boat they are looking for by chance?

The lady with the cane his mother?

And what will happen to those who pursue it? How will they be stopped?

So many questions and no answer yet ...

Strongly the next chapter (and subsequent ?...)

Hello, and welcome!!!!

I can't answer those questions without giving a spoiler... but at least three are answered by the next chapter. :)

The plot convolutions are seemingly employed merely to make the poor characters suffer and thus the readers with them. I saw damn few answers, lots of hints and still have many questions because most of my assumptions seem to have been false.

Lead astray by either a master or a charlatan. Perhaps the next few chapters will prove one or the other....

What? Me, cause suffering? Would I ever do such a thing as that? Posted Image Trevor and Shane aren' suffering... they are young, in love, and tooling around on a beutiful yacht. How could that possibly be a bad thing? Posted Image

I think there are several answers in the chapter, but, the rest of the answers come out in a chapter named "Revelations" which is the next one to post. :)

Posted Image ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Hmmmmmm! I knew the goat was going to split this mystery, yet he shoveled in a lot of answers as can be seen. Henry was wise in not allowing Dirk to answer all of Joel's and Lisa's questions as the danger of Bridget knowing what they know was too great. Gonzales has to be slacked jawed to see Rachels name on the list, it would be the only reason for Frank to be so smug about the arrest not being a happening. Mr. B may have made a mistake, what if Trevor and Shane sails away in a thunderstorm and the mast gets hit by a lighting strike? Would that not knock out his tracking device? Finally we have Rachel making her way down the dock to Trevor with the long promised sea shell towards Trevor whose recognition of her causes him a emotional panic. The sea gave up the 'missing Rachel', now where is the Ares?

A lightning strike on a mast is bad news, even with grounding. It can, and often does, fry all sorts of electronice on a boat, and it can even blast a hole in the hull, break the stays (thus bringing gthe mast down) and raise all sorts of trouble. So, yes, a lightning strike on the mast could very well fry the tracker. :)

Wow, wow, wow. I'm sure the goat could throw a twist or two in here but I have a feeling he won't. Now the one week wait for the final chapter (I think) and then all will be well Posted Image Oh wait, there is still Basingstoke Posted Image And from the Prologue: Beautiful CJ Posted Image

What? Me? A twist? Would I do that? Posted Image

I stopped reading quite a while back (chapter 77), primarily due to the lack of forward momentum and the desire to read the story "in bulk" so that the week to week frustration I was feeling would be limited.

Judging, based on a quick skim of the above comments, it seems should I restart my read and catch up now, or should I wait a few more chapters, maybe even wait until the story is concluded.

CJames, as I have commented in the past, I really enjoy your stories, however, I reached the conclusion that your stories are better read as complete books not as a chapter by chapter dribble. Thank you for your hard work and I look forward to reading the rest of Circumnavigation because I KNOW that I will enjoy your efforts when I do.

What? Me, cause suffering? Would I ever do such a thing as that? Posted Image Trevor and Shane aren' suffering... they are young, in love, and tooling around on a beutiful yacht. How could that possibly be a bad thing? Posted Image

I think there are several answers in the chapter, but, the rest of the answers come out in a chapter named "Revelations" which is the next one to post. Posted Image

but u got this blake guy seaching for them ... already gulible .. ned ... got atlantis ... rig .. to be rack or even remotely blow up

now to do that with kool... soon

nice to see we're not in Nov ... now to see more of the real story showing ...

CJ: I love the chapter. I'll feel rewarded from hanging on week after week-----an now for another week!

The meeting in the malt shop is a classic...... (wait for it) the two guys in sun dresses! Wow! Gotta love your imagination.

Despite your constantly assurances to the contrary, this chapter is a huge cliffhanger--a very good one. I very much look forward to the resolution of so many mysteries. I also very much hope for some good old justice for those so shamefully hurt along the way.

Thanks for a classic chapter.

And cliffhanger? There is no cliffhanger! As is often said, one hitman does not a cliffhanger make.

Posted Image (And that doesn't just appear in my posts.. it's in one of Zombie's, too.) Posted Image

Sadly I must once again remind readers of the monstrous and vile untruths propagated by the Cloven-Hooved One. Not satisfied with the blatant misdirections in his plot weaving, he continues to extend his webs of lies and deceit into the forum.

Btw a very moving and beautifully written ending CJ - despite the cast iron copper-bottomed cliffhanger! - and a neat touch having those "plastic clip-on earrings" to accessorize Jim and Dirk. Hehehe, made me think of Some Like It Hot Posted Image

Edited by Zombie

I knew it, I knew it, I knew it....Well it is easy to say that now but if you have some of my older messages, back during the pirate attack, I predicted that he would find his mother in Australia. Great stufff, just simply the best. I could go on but you know how I feel about the story. I still say that the big secret that Bridget and George are looking for is actually on Atlantis and that will help blow the whole thing open. I was beginning to doubt my first thoughts about Dirk and Jim being a couple but it looks like that proved out too. I like this but now am more scared of what Basingstoke is going to be able to do than even the whole deal with the pirates. And of course I would be remiss not to curse you just a little for yet another thrilling cliff hanger. YOU ARE THE MASTER and no one can doubt that.

She's gotten injured by what happen so Ares must have been in bad shape and she could not claim insurance to pay for repairs.

I wonder if this is Mrs. Blake or perhaps the news reach his mama?

gosh next week is the reunion but now koolouberry is risky.

1. Shane recognizes the woman with the cane and is happy to see her.

2. In chapter 84 on the way back from the Zuytzorp Cliffs Trevor asked Shane "Are you sure we’re going the right way?” To which Shane re[lied “Kinda. Mr. Blake hates the hike and Mrs. Blake can’t do it, so I’ve taken charter guests to the cliffs before."

3. In the prologue, 'Rachel remembering her young son saying goodbye to her that morning, and asking her to bring him home a seashell for his birthday.' In chapter 98 the woman approaching the boat is carrying an enormous conch shell.

So, from 1. above Shane recognizes her and is happy to see her and from 2 above Mrs Blake is somewhat disabled. Conclusion: The woman is Mrs Blake and from the last paragraph of chapter 98 the woman is Trevor's mother, Rachel.

So, from 1. above Shane recognizes her and is happy to see her and from 2 above Mrs Blake is somewhat disabled. Conclusion: The woman is Mrs Blake and from the last paragraph of chapter 98 the woman is Trevor's mother, Rachel.

or it could just be mrs blake ... after all mr blake told mrs blake about Trevor

it could be a coincidence to carry a seashell since its Trevor n his mother memory.

But yes I hope it to be his mother too if not a cuz

• Site Moderator

1. Shane recognizes the woman with the cane and is happy to see her.

We also know why the woman is using the cane. A few chapters back when Trev and Shane encountered the Camel and were talking about the possibility of getting hurt, Shane makes mention of stampeding sheep in a pen.
  • 1 year later...

This line needs a small correction.

With a sad shake of his sad, Dirk replied, “After a couple of years, the law had changed and Atlantis got the Jones Act waiver we’d been after for so long. I hired a retired couple – both had licenses – to take Atlantis out on charters. They moved away, but they’d taught Trev how to handle her. I didn’t want him taking her out on charters, but he came up with a way – hire a licensed captain, Julie, but he’d be the one doing the work. I guess I figured it’d never work, so I let him, and he made a go of it. His charters were legal, due to the waiver.” 

Should be head not sad in the first line.

I loved this chapter! :*)

• Like 2

With a sad shake of his sad head,...

It's amazing how little errors get by the editors and beta readers of a story.  This one escaped notice for eighteen months after publication.  I think we all read what we expect to be there.

Congratulations and thanks, Albert.

This line needs a small correction.

With a sad shake of his sad, Dirk replied, “After a couple of years, the law had changed and Atlantis got the Jones Act waiver we’d been after for so long. I hired a retired couple – both had licenses – to take Atlantis out on charters. They moved away, but they’d taught Trev how to handle her. I didn’t want him taking her out on charters, but he came up with a way – hire a licensed captain, Julie, but he’d be the one doing the work. I guess I figured it’d never work, so I let him, and he made a go of it. His charters were legal, due to the waiver.” 

Should be head not sad in the first line.

I loved this chapter! :*)

Thank you!!!!

I'll get that fixed.... okay, fixed!!!! Thanks!!!

It's amazing how little errors get by the editors and beta readers of a story.  This one escaped notice for eighteen months after publication.  I think we all read what we expect to be there.

Congratulations and thanks, Albert.

It's amazing how many little errors this author makes! :blushing:

• 2 weeks later...

Well....new chapter, the final chapter and it's accompanying epilogue should be here very soon. Maybe in the next couple of days?? There hasn't been much chatter since the last chapter. i think we chatted ourselves out on that one. But I'm sure everyone is getting anxious again.....I know I am. So, I was looking around as usual, for any little nugget of information that might spur a string of intuition into the future of this story and I came across something that CJ said to me in reply to a comment I made prior to the release of the last chapter, I think it was. 

He said, and I'm paraphrasing:

"I can tell you this, whatever help they get will come from the crew of Atlantis"

So, this should give us a little something to talk about until the final words sail in.

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..