Open Club  ·  280 members  ·  Free

Mark Arbour Fan Club

Now for me it was the exact opposite in high school. I was a well known athlete and student leader. The straight-ish boys I had sex with, usually under cover of enough alcohol so we could both claim impaired judgment should the need arise, were positively amnesiac about the encounters we had. I am sure it is partly due to the fact that everyone assumed I was completely straight since I had a Darius-like reputation with the ladies and I had had a couple well known conquests (interesting stories in themselves).

Why doesn't it surprise me you were some golden boy in high school? In any event, Will doesn't have that kind of luxury because he is out, and a guy can't go, "Well, Will's straight too so what we did wasn't gay." It's a trade-off, but probably worth it that Will doesn't have to go through any kind of inner turmoil about his sexuality. There really is something cool about having a guy totally confident in what his sexuality is at 14. It took me all the way to 17 before I was completely cool with it

I like that Will, although he's not an outcast, isn't Mr. Social Leader at HW the way Brad and Matt were at their respective high schools. He seems to be more along the vein of guys that were pretty much cool with everybody, and didn't hang out with a specific crowd ala Andy in Cross-Currents. Those guys were always the most fun and relaxed. I like that so far, Will seems like he's going to march to the beat of his own drum instead of being all consumed with trying to gain the power of school popularity like we saw with Brad and Matt. Will is going to meet a lot more varied and interesting people that way. He'll be the kind of guy that can hang with the jocky types, and with the emo artist types, to the theater and band geeks. That'll be cool.

I mean, I'm not saying that high school teen movies are completely off, but my high school experience wasn't "jocks vs. the nerds" the way it seemed to be in movies. It was more like the punk artist kids against the diva theater/vocal types, while the band kids humped each other like bunnies as the communication kids stood off to the side and smoked pot. Bitchy dancers took the place of the bitchy cheerleaders. In the end, we were all too into our own thing to really care about what the "Golden Kids" were up to.

Edited by methodwriter85

He's going to do his enraged teakettle impression now, with "setting accuracy" being particularly high pitched.

I agree with Centex, Grafton seems more interesting the more we get to know him. Those I still want to hose Will down, telling him that Straightish boys are the last guys you want to try and seduce, because they WILL turn on you, I recognize a lot of that comes from memories of ME attempting to screw anyone that would hold still.

I think that if you're seducing a straight buy, you have to keep in mind what you're getting. The visual of you attempting to screw anyone that would hold still is strangely hot and humorous at the same time. Posted Image

Nah, I don't have blow-ups like that anymore. The meds worked. Most of the time.

I think the most embarrassing memory I have with this regard was the time freshmen year when I got really drunk and kept telling this guy how hot I thought he was. In front of other people we knew, including the resident director and our R.A. Yeah, dude never talked to me again.

I'm hoping it's more complicated than just "Ryan's a confused closetcase." As Cross-Currents taught me, it's a lot more interesting when the guy's sexuality isn't so clear-cut, rather than the whole "closeted gay jock comes out of the closet" deal. I'm hoping Ryan's straightish, or at the most, bisexual.

I'll bet that same guy would have had a different reaction if approached in a different way. My hypothesis is that I think how the guy is approached is a big determinant in how he reacts, and feels afterward, even if nothing happens.

Now for me it was the exact opposite in high school. I was a well known athlete and student leader. The straight-ish boys I had sex with, usually under cover of enough alcohol so we could both claim impaired judgment should the need arise, were positively amnesiac about the encounters we had. I am sure it is partly due to the fact that everyone assumed I was completely straight since I had a Darius-like reputation with the ladies and I had had a couple well known conquests (interesting stories in themselves). Any of the straight-ish boys that tried to "turn" on me would have risked their reputation more than mine. To this day, most of those guys are still good friends, even if I don't see them that often and no one has ever mentioned our encounters despite the fact everyone now knows I am on the gay side of bi.

Yep.

Why doesn't it surprise me you were some golden boy in high school? In any event, Will doesn't have that kind of luxury because he is out, and a guy can't go, "Well, Will's straight too so what we did wasn't gay." It's a trade-off, but probably worth it that Will doesn't have to go through any kind of inner turmoil about his sexuality. There really is something cool about having a guy totally confident in what his sexuality is at 14. It took me all the way to 17 before I was completely cool with it

I like that Will, although he's not an outcast, isn't Mr. Social Leader at HW the way Brad and Matt were at their respective high schools. He seems to be more along the vein of guys that were pretty much cool with everybody, and didn't hang out with a specific crowd ala Andy in Cross-Currents. Those guys were always the most fun and relaxed. I like that so far, Will seems like he's going to march to the beat of his own drum instead of being all consumed with trying to gain the power of school popularity like we saw with Brad and Matt. Will is going to meet a lot more varied and interesting people that way. He'll be the kind of guy that can hang with the jocky types, and with the emo artist types, to the theater and band geeks. That'll be cool.

You forget we are seeing Will in is first month of high school and he isn't even on the "big" campus yet. We saw Brad and Matt well into high school, Matt was a senior and I think Brad was a junior when we saw him in Be Rad. We have a saying in wrestling when coaches are arguing about why their boy ought to the #4 seed instead of #6 or #6 instead of #11, "the cream will rise to the top", meaning it doesn't really matter what your seed is, if you are the best, you'll win and being #6 instead of #4 doesn't really matter.

To me Will is the ultimate Schluter. He will never know the economic deprivation of Stef nor the insecurities and pitfalls of being an out gay student in high school in 1980 that Brad might have had to face, plus he lives in about the gay friendliest place in CA and his father (Robbie) works in the gay friendliest industry this side of the personal lubrication industry. To me it is inconceivable that Will will not be a major BMOC at H-W and a leader whether or not he actually is in a formal leadership role. He is magnetic and charismatic and teens gravitate to kids like that. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if we see the first glimpse of that on the rafting trip. Posted Image

I'm not saying he won't be popular- but I'm thinking he'll be more along the vein of friendly, laidback guy that people really liked, not the kind of popular that Brad and Matt were that was based on exclusion and snobbery. Matt wouldn't have talked to someone like Alistair in high school. Will, on the other hand, is going to be the kind of guy that can hang out with a jock, an emo kid, the nerds, etc etc etc.

There were several versions of "popular" in high school. There was "popular" as in you had this exclusive group that everyone was trying to get into, ala Brad's crew in high school, or say Andy in Cross-Currents. Then there was "popular" as in you were the guy that was genuinely liked by everyone and got along with every kind of high school archtype. Brad and Matt were the former; I think Will's going to be the latter. Will's too laidback and cool to really care that much about high school popularity.

I do kinda think JJ should have gone to a different school. Even though Will's the younger brother, JJ's always going to be the ignored kid in the shadow. Well, until the growth spurt finally kicks in and he looks like this:

Posted Image

• Like 1

Double treat on New Year's as Mark posted Chapter 9 of Paternity as well. It's another hot chapter with Wade having a "happy" moment at the end of it....

What a d*ck Arbour! I fricking missed New Year's last night because you had to go and post a new chapter at 11:42 PM! Everyone else was in the house kissing and toasting and I'm out on a freezing deck reading Chapter 9 on my iPhone! Way to go buddy!

Actually that is a lie.

BUT I so WOULD have gone out on that freezing deck to read Chapter 9 and miss the kissing and toasting if I had known it was posted. I was made to leave the iPhone in the car. Someone thinks I am on it obsessively.

Loved the chapter. You packed so much into a tiny chapter. You captured perfectly a typical encounter of the vacuous gay Hollywood/West Hollywood scene.

I can't ever see Brad going to jail over a simple murder or two, billionaires only go to jail for real crimes like stock fraud. No one cares if the rich and famous kill the odd person or two, but don't you dare cheat on your taxes or shareholders!

I don't get why the gang is "bussing" to Paly instead of flying. If it the newborn, certainly the pilots could go out to sea and do a very low level flight to Paly.

I also hope we get to see a reemergence of Isidore and Claire who we have scantily seen these past few chapters. I get how hard it is juggling so many characters, but I miss them and Ace and John and Jack too. Hopefully as the story shifts more to Paly when school starts we'll see some of the old faves.

And two complete side issues. One, I was rereading Be Rad a bit and maybe it is just because the subject matter is slightly different, but I think your writing of late has been brilliant. Be Rad was good, but the writing these past two books been just great, very tight and well paced. Kudos for that.

Two, it is scary how real these characters become to me, not just the major characters, but the small recurring ones as well. I always wonder about JP's cook/housekeeper and her husband the keeper of the grounds/cars and horses. Given how JP and Isidore are, these people would be as much family as they are employees and I know that JP and Isidore would have been involved with their kids, making sure they got good educations, etc. and given how responsibilities grew at Escorial, I would expect the cook/housekeeper (whose name escapes me) to have staff under her by now. Ditto for Robbie and Brad's cook/housekeeper. I think we saw one of her kids in one chapter. I also wonder what became of her.

Anyway, thanks for the new Chapter this morning. I had them move the Rose Parade to tomorrow just so I could read it :)

• Like 1

I think Will's going to be the latter. Will's too laidback and cool to really care that much about high school popularity.

I do kinda think JJ should have gone to a different school. Even though Will's the younger brother, JJ's always going to be the ignored kid in the shadow. Well, until the growth spurt finally kicks in and he looks like this:

Posted Image

Oh gawd no, here is JJ.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

And with Will, you don't have to care about popularity to be popular or leadership to be a leader. It just happens.

• Like 1

I could comment on something, but I'll PM you instead. But yeah, JJ's face would be based on Lucas Till.

Posted Image

It took me YEARS to figure that one out. I was thinking Sterling Knight, but Mark didn't seem to be feeling that. Then I came on to Lucas Till because Adam Phillips has this hardon for the kid.The other kid, I can't see it - he's not really the kind of cute that JJ's been described as being. Too pale and gothic, and not handsome enough. JJ's gotta look like the sweet blond boy next-door, which contrasts with his bitchy diva behavior. Kinda like a male Tara Lipinsky. This guy looks like he would fit right in with characters from an Anne Rice novel.

And I guess I should have qualified what I was saying...not so much "student leaders", but more Will's not going to be the same kind of popular that Brad and Matt were. Less "alpha male who leads a group of beta followers while making fun of the people who don't fit in", and more "guy who just gets along with everybody." That's probably been something that's frustrated the hell out of JJ- he can't figure out why everyone likes Will but they don't like him, and he doesn't get there's a reason beyond him being short as to why people prefer Will over him. It's kinda why I was surprised that JJ decided to go to HW with Will- I could have seen him either staying at Malibu or going to a school that would be more flexible in terms of attendance. That way he would have not had to deal with everyone loving his brother while he himself gets ignored.

Edited by methodwriter85

I just love the holidays, they seem to bring out a desire by Mark to share the wealth, after all how do you explain a new chapter for Paternity and St Vincent both.

I love how Wade stood up to his mother and how he let her know that his adoptive family was as important as his birth family. You can tell by how he talked to and interacted with Brad afterward that he will always stand by them as well. I am not sure that having Jeanine and Tiffany that close together will be for the best, although I do think that JP and Isidore will handle it better than Brad and Robbie would and have so far. With Wade and Matt at Escorial as much as they are, it will put a lot of pressure on everyone. Pressure can create beautiful diamonds but can also be deadly in other ways.

I do think that Elizabeth needs to remember what Brad is really capable of, no, I don't think he would actually have Elizabeth killed but he will do a lot to protect those in his life. Even with all of her advantages, I would put JP, Stef, and Brad up against Elizabeth individually much less as a group.

I was actually really disappointed in how the date with Ben Solomon went. I really think that Wade and Matt could both benefit from being in a relationship with really Alpha male. I know that to some extent both Wade and Matt are both Alpha males but there is a streak of beta running through both of them, at least I think. I was thinking that maybe Ben Solomon might be that kind of guy but maybe Sean Massey will be the one. I expect a lot of people will disagree with me on this but I think it could really help them and make the story very interesting....

• Like 1

Two things: Elizabeth Danfield forgets who freed her from the bondage of ABC. You are right, Brad, Stef and JP would distroy her. I hope Matt has seen the light. His coming down to LA for Wade gives me hope. I can't see Wade, Matt , Jeanine and Tiffany all in one house for long even a place as large as Escorial. Oh Mark, I like hot young sexy lawyers like Sean Masey. yum! Hot romp with him and Wade. That would make Matt sit up and take notice.

Edited by rjo
  • Like 1

Oh gawd no, here is JJ.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

And with Will, you don't have to care about popularity to be popular or leadership to be a leader. It just happens.

I'm kind of with Tim on this one, Jeremy. That guy looks like a good pubescent model for JJ.

I just love the holidays, they seem to bring out a desire by Mark to share the wealth, after all how do you explain a new chapter for Paternity and St Vincent both.

I love how Wade stood up to his mother and how he let her know that his adoptive family was as important as his birth family. You can tell by how he talked to and interacted with Brad afterward that he will always stand by them as well. I am not sure that having Jeanine and Tiffany that close together will be for the best, although I do think that JP and Isidore will handle it better than Brad and Robbie would and have so far. With Wade and Matt at Escorial as much as they are, it will put a lot of pressure on everyone. Pressure can create beautiful diamonds but can also be deadly in other ways.

I do think that Elizabeth needs to remember what Brad is really capable of, no, I don't think he would actually have Elizabeth killed but he will do a lot to protect those in his life. Even with all of her advantages, I would put JP, Stef, and Brad up against Elizabeth individually much less as a group.

I was actually really disappointed in how the date with Ben Solomon went. I really think that Wade and Matt could both benefit from being in a relationship with really Alpha male. I know that to some extent both Wade and Matt are both Alpha males but there is a streak of beta running through both of them, at least I think. I was thinking that maybe Ben Solomon might be that kind of guy but maybe Sean Massey will be the one. I expect a lot of people will disagree with me on this but I think it could really help them and make the story very interesting....

Not all dates go well, so I thought it would be kind of fun to show Wade struggling along with the dating scene. I don't know that I see an Alpha male as someone they'd need. In fact, maybe someone more submissive would work better. I haven't figure that out yet.

Two things: Elizabeth Danfield forgets who freed her from the bondage of ABC. You are right, Brad, Stef and JP would distroy her. I hope Matt has seen the light. His coming down to LA for Wade gives me hope. I can't see Wade, Matt , Jeanine and Tiffany all in one house for long even a place as large as Escorial. Oh Mark, I like hot young sexy lawyers like Sean Masey. yum! Hot romp with him and Wade. That would make Matt sit up and take notice.

Elizabeth Danfield wants things to be her way, period. If it's not a dire issue, she'll let it go, and mentally tally a few pissed-off markers against the person who defied her. It it's serious, she'll go postal. Still, she's a smart and calculating woman, and she certainly understands the doctrine of mutually assured destruction.

Yeah. Mutually assured destruction seems her way of life. I'm kinda surprised ABC didn't set that up as well.

I'm kind of with Tim on this one, Jeremy. That guy looks like a good pubescent model for JJ.

We'll compromise. That will be pre-puberty JJ, while Lucas Till will fill in for post-puberty JJ. Kinda like how Kirsten Dunst was little Amy March in Little Women, and Samantha Manthis was grown-up Amy March.

Yes, that is one of my favorite movies. I'm that gay.

Edited by methodwriter85

Okay, I am with Methodwriter on this one, the pale anorexic blond looks bored and one negative comment away from slitting his wrist. This just isn't how JJ has been described. He was always said to be really cute, the blond isn't, and bubbly and puppydogish maybe??? Most skaters even young ones have really good muscle tone and development and the waif look just isn't skaterish at all.

I do think it would have been smarter to send JJ to a place where he didn't have to be in his brother's shadow all the time, but where would the drama be then??? I would think though that they might both be popular in different ways. I don't think either of them have a desire to be BMOC like so many in the previous generations. I think the idea that Will especially can get along with all cliques or groups would be true. He will be more a force behind the scence rather than leading for a position in front, does that make sense?

Okay, I am with Methodwriter on this one, the pale anorexic blond looks bored and one negative comment away from slitting his wrist. This just isn't how JJ has been described. He was always said to be really cute, the blond isn't, and bubbly and puppydogish maybe??? Most skaters even young ones have really good muscle tone and development and the waif look just isn't skaterish at all.

Damn good point. I can see it in terms of the fashion style, but I don't know- I kinda picture JJ as someone who would be dressed more in suits from Brooks Brothers- hasn't JJ been described as looking like he stepped out out of GQ? Charles Guislan is more Paris androgyny couture. And despite JJ's bitchy behavior, he's still supposed to be bubbly and cute like an overeager puppy dog, while this kid just doesn't have that vibe to him. He doesn't look like someone who could turn on the charm and impress the judges. Guislan kinda reminds me of Rachel Zoe or Posh Spice in having permanent bitchface. It's great for fashion, but doesn't seem to work for figure skaters, who tend to cultivate a family-friendly and happy image.

Skaters are supposed to be cute and brightly-colored and bubbly. This guy would work damn well as some fashion-forward classmate with dreams of heading to Paris, but not as JJ. And isn't the Crampton look, which JJ is described as having, supposed to be blond boy next door? Guislan's look is more like "blond boy at the morgue". Or "blond boy on heroin". He's got an interesting look, but I wouldn't call it "cheerful", "cute", or "handsome". All of which JJ has been described as being since he was 5 years old.

I do think it would have been smarter to send JJ to a place where he didn't have to be in his brother's shadow all the time, but where would the drama be then??? I would think though that they might both be popular in different ways. I don't think either of them have a desire to be BMOC like so many in the previous generations. I think the idea that Will especially can get along with all cliques or groups would be true. He will be more a force behind the scence rather than leading for a position in front, does that make sense?

See, JJ being in figure skating seems like it'll inhibit most of his social life, which is why I kinda figure he'll find his own niche in college, which may happen after he finishes competing.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Like 1

The latest chapter reveals that Wade is a lot richer than even he realized which is saying something. His negotiations with his mother may be even more intense as he has discovered her ploy to retain control as trustee. For the truly rich, relationships can be adversely affected by a surfeit of wealth.

• Like 1

I was kind of shocked that the Danfields had that kind of money. I knew they were wealthy, but they didn't seem like they'd be THAT wealthy, going by the kind of lifestyle they live. I had them pegged kind of like Peter from Mad Men- an aristocratic name, but not an extreme amount of wealth. Although it makes sense- they don't have flashy jets and the like, because they're old money and they don't flaunt wealth like the Schluters do.Or the grandparents left Wade's parents a pittance, and all of the money to the next generation, to ensure that the money wouldn't run out.

That would mean that between the three of them, Wade, Beau, and MaryEllen have trusts equaling somewhere around 1.2 billion coming their way at some point. That would actually seem to be way more than the kind of money that's going towards the Schluter/Crampton kids, although there's also a lot more heirs to spread the wealth around in.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Like 1

I was kind of shocked that the Danfields had that kind of money. I knew they were wealthy, but they didn't seem like they'd be THAT wealthy, going by the kind of lifestyle they live. I had them pegged kind of like Peter from Mad Men- an aristocratic name, but not an extreme amount of wealth. Although it makes sense- they don't have flashy jets and the like, because they're old money and they don't flaunt wealth like the Schluters do.Or the grandparents left Wade's parents a pittance, and all of the money to the next generation, to ensure that the money wouldn't run out.

That would mean that between the three of them, Wade, Beau, and MaryEllen have trusts equaling somewhere around 1.2 billion coming their way at some point. That would actually seem to be way more than the kind of money that's going towards the Schluter/Crampton kids, although there's also a lot more heirs to spread the wealth around in.

I think that when Wade was first introduced there was mention that his mother, Elizabeth, was only heir to a large tobacco fortune... I was sort of thinking Doris Duke but without all the issues, or maybe just with different one...

Totally enjoyed the new chapter of Paternity, this story is the best one for me since the early ones in this series. I really can feel the emotions and attitudes that the people in this story are having. I am just completely drawn to everyone in this story. When Matt was making love to Wade and started crying, I ended up balling like a baby. I had to stop reading until I could calm down.

I really think now that Sean Massey will be the one that ends up with Wade and Matt. I know that Mark made a comment that he thought maybe someone more submissive then the two of them were what they needed but I really think they need someone a little older, wiser, and more in control. I am not talking about someone to run their lives, no Master/slave or Daddy/boy kind of relationship. Just someone to help mentor and teach them a little more about love and live. I think he would have to be someone a little more dominate in order to bring them both to heel and heal. I could really see them in a long lasting polygamous relationship.

Am I the only one???

Edited by centexhairysub

I think that when Wade was first introduced there was mention that his mother, Elizabeth, was only heir to a large tobacco fortune... I was sort of thinking Doris Duke but without all the issues, or maybe just with different one...

Did Mark ever say what Elizabeth Danfield's maiden name was? It'd be cool to make her a Duke. It would make sense that the Danfields themselves aren't insanely rich, which is why Wade's father got married to La Danfield, and why she always seems to have the upper-hand in their relationship.

Edited by methodwriter85

"the pale anorexic blonde" is one of the hottest, most influential people in men's fashion in Paris. A bad word from him and designers are slitting their wrists.

Did Mark ever say what Elizabeth Danfield's maiden name was? It'd be cool to make her a Duke. It would make sense that the Danfields themselves aren't insanely rich, which is why Wade's father got married to La Danfield, and why she always seems to have the upper-hand in their relationship.

I can't find where her maiden name was used, it just says she brought the money into the marriage and that she was heiress to a large tobacco fortune... I was just using Doiris Duke as an example of a tobacco heiress, when she died she was worthh several billion dollars...

The interesting plots are..... does Wade tell Matt his net worth? Or is the lack of trust too great now? Wade didn't plan on getting his money until well after college, now that he can control it, does he buy his own estate in Atherton for him and Tiff? Will Matt move with him if he does? Nothing is likely to happen between Wade and Sean, Sean strikes me as too ethical a lawyer for that, but a little tension never hurts.

"the pale anorexic blonde" is one of the hottest, most influential people in men's fashion in Paris. A bad word from him and designers are slitting their wrists.

Hmmm, well based open what he is wearing in the second and third pictures; that explains what is wrong with men's fashion coming out of Paris...

Something happened here in Minnesota which injuried a young high school hockey player, Jack Jabronski. He was checked from beheld and may never walk again. We see these guys on the ice and forget how dangerous it is. This could happen to any of the guys on the team. It is a sobouring thought. Here in Minnesota the school, community and whole state are pulling for Jack. They are even changing the rules so this does not happen again.

As for this last chapter, they only get better and better. I like Sean and hope Wade and him have a interesting time together. As for Wade's mom, she is a piece of work. I think Wade is more than her match, however.

The more I read or reread these chapter the more I am overwhelmed with their compassion and love for each other and how they bring others into their fold. They have made mistakes as with Brian but for the most part their choices have been great. Thanks again for the wonderful ride.

Edited by rjo
  • Like 1

And he would work extremely well as some fashion-obsessed friend of JJ's. Not JJ himself. Not someone who's "cheerful" and "cute". Charles Guislan is edgy with an interesting look, but I wouldn't call it "cheerful", "cute", "pretty", or "handsome".

From A Summer Love:

The first two kids, Darius and JJ, were Brad's sister's kids. The last one, Will, was his kid, a kid he'd had with Jeanine. They were pretty cute. Will and JJ were about five years old, while Darius was about eight.

From If It Fits:

He had the Crampton looks, though not distinctive enough to raise eyebrows. He was really short for his age, and really slight, definitely a squirt. That was offset by his good looks. He was handsome in almost a feminine way, with sharp, fine features.

“Hi Uncle Stef,” JJ said cheerfully.

“Wanna play Playstation?” Casey asked helpfully. Darius eyed him; clearly weighing his options, then shrugged his shoulders and went below. JJ followed along playfully.

“JJ!” Bitty said. “You are adorable. Come give Mommy a hug!”

“Recess,” he said, and I couldn't help but laugh. Typical JJ. Always playful, never serious.

I watched JJ's reaction to this interplay. He was a happy boy, cheerful and playful, but this kind of banter clearly unsettled his psyche.

JJ is obviously affected, because he is so happy and cheerful.

From Bloodlines:

This is my brother, JJ,” he said. The kid in front of me was short and slight, probably all of twelve years old, but cute as hell. He smiled and bounced around.

“So that makes you my brother,” JJ said happily.

“I guess it does,” I said cheerfully. He had a happy manner about him that was so engaging.

“I think he is still trying to figure it out,” Stef said. “He is probably the happiest, most naturally cheerful person I have ever met. That alone is a major talent. Beyond that, nothing has emerged yet.” - Stefan on JJ

From Poor Man's Son:

Still, it would have been easier for JJ to fit in with my friends if he didn’t dress like he walked right out of fucking GQ magazine.

Even with the emergence of the bitchy diva attitude, that still wouldn't take away JJ's natural bouncy, cheerful energy. Charles Guislan looks jaded, edgy, slightly scary, bored, and blase. Absolutely perfect for a fashion designer, but that wouldn't work for JJ at all. I could see JJ TRYING to affect the jaded European look, but smiling too much to really pull it off. Kinda like when I was trying to pull off the punk look when I was 15. I smiled too much. (I'm often called "cheerful" and "cute". I've been around guys give off the same vibe and body language as Guislan. They would never get called that.) JJ should look like a pretty-boy actor on a Disney show who dresses in impeccably tailored suits from Brooks Brothers, not an androgynous heroin chic waif who would fit in as part of the cast on some movie adoption of an Anne Rice novel as some evil vampire child.

The only thing they have in common would be having blond hair and a slight build, but even then, as Centy pointed out, JJ would have really good muscle tone, even though it was incredibly compact. This kid looks downright 90's heroin chic.

Edited by methodwriter85

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..