Open Club  ·  280 members  ·  Free

Mark Arbour Fan Club

I am not sure if I would consider JP a sociopath. I have met a few sociopaths in the past and JP is not even close. I would not consider JP evil, they were.

I don't think JP was a full-blown sociopath. But I do think he had this disconnection from people. If he had a different kind of rearing, I think he probably would have wound up a sociopath. But around the time he lost Billy Junior, he started to gain human feelings and became less self-centered.

I think the problem with JP comes from three factors:

1. He knew he was gay in a time which being gay had to be hidden.

2. The death of Steven, his friend and mentor just at the time JP needed him the most.

3. Being by nature a very shy kid. Burying all his feeling deep inside.

The additional loss of so many people he loved, starting with Andre and his cousin Billy and of course Jeff Hayes. It always comes back to Jeff. He found Sam and gave up on Jeff. What one action would haunt him for all his life.

• Like 1

I have never considered JP to be even marginally a sociopath. I do think he was able to compartmentalize his life to an extent that he was able to do things not considered acceptable to protect those that he cared about. Would any of us, if we had the guts, do any less to protect those we care about?

I do think that Jeff's death, more than anything else has always haunted him. I was never really sure that JP gave up on Jeff as much as Jeff just realized he would never beat his addiction and gave up on himself. Even though Sam went back to Claremont to kill Jeff, he had already made the decision to end his own life. I really do believe that there are those that cannot overcome their demons and for some of them death is the only way out. I think JP always has blamed himself for not being able to save Jeff but some people just cannot be saved no matter how much you love them.

• Like 3

Adam Phillips wrote this really good invective about why and how JP and Sam are responsible for his death. It was quite a read. Damn, I miss having him around for feedback. He was a great part of the team.

Back to the story...it'll be interesting to see how Tiffany will manage to keep Riley grounded and normal given the amount of wealth attached to him. I think Wade would be down with NOT raising Riley like a Little Lord Fauntroy. I kinda see Wade as wanting to keep some of the blueblood Danfield traditions, but modernizing things and bringing them more into the 21st century as more of an accessible kind of blueblood, kinda like Anderson Cooper. I think he'll probably take the Crampton/Schluter route of being very involved in charities and the like. I got the feeling that the Danfields weren't as much into the noblesse oblige or mingling with "common" people the way the Schluters/Cramptons are.

I'm excited about getting to know the Danfields better. We still haven't met MaryEllen yet, which I'm assuming is going to happen. And I'm curious as hell about finding out about the uncle. A Danfield Southern Gothic Christmas should be very interesting indeed!

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Like 1

Well, what can I say about the latest chapter of Paternity but magnificient.... The story development is just great with this story. I can't wait to see what happens next.

I loved how Wade called everyone out on the tradition issue. In sports and life, the traditions are often what defines us as a group, team, or family. I would expect someone from an old important Southern family to be big on traditions. Wade will never be able to play the " I am quitting " card again. Once you play something like that and then don't follow through you really can't use it again. You know that Matt didn't want him gone because they understand each other so well, and that will always translate onto the ice. I was really impressed by how Matt treated Gathan. It maybe a temporary thing but I think it is so important for Gathan's development and perhaps the teams as well.

I had really sort of forgotten about Mary Ellen, maybe she can show up and her and Gathan can have a fling. Wouldn't that add to the drama of it all???

I can't wait to see where all of this goes with Wade and Sean and how Matt plays into it. You just know that at some point there is going to be a really hot three way. I still sort of want to see Matt and Wade in a polygamous relationship that actually works. I don't know why I think they would follow that path but it just hit me a while back and I can't seem to move past it...

Mark, this is truly a wonderful story and series you have created. I know you commented a while back that someone wanted you to lay off of the CAP series and focus on the Bridgemont series, I will admit the Bridgemont series is my favorite; but don't do it. You have to follow your muse and be true to yourself. You have created two of the best online series I have ever come across and you shouldn't change a thing except do what you do best... WRITE...

• Like 1

It seems to me that we are either seeing Wade grow in confidence or maybe witnessing what was there and not called upon before. However, this big confrontation between Wade and Matt over Carl in the upper classman area of the locker room was awesome, Mark. Wade is able to see and articulate the bigger picture and values involved while able to almost use his strong emotions in the service of those issues. He controlled his anger and was really courageous in confronting Matt, Cole, and coach for the sake of the team that he didn't think that he was going to be a part of after the game. Wade clearly is a strong leader with confidence and an inner gyro of his strong sense of self. This is so unusual for one who endured the abuse that he did. How did he do that or find the confidence?

Then, Mark, you dog you raise the issue of what is going to happen with his dinner date with Sean? You have always been so great at leaving us hanging with questions. I always await the next chapter of whatever story you're telling. Thanks for sharing your talent with us.

• Like 1

Wade is having an impact and perhaps the team will be better despite the clueless coach. His meeting with the bankers could be interesting as well. High fees and mediocre performance are not a recipe for long-term success or relationships.

• Like 1

It's kind of interesting to consider Wade noble, because we've never really had a "noble" protagonist before. JP was borderline sociopathic,

So for a minute I thought I was nuts because JP didn't meet any criteria for sociopahy as I remembered it from college.

But then I saw this:

This website summarizes some of the common features of descriptions of the behavior of sociopaths.

• Glibness and Superficial Charm
  • Manipulative and Conning

They never recognize the rights of others and see their self-serving behaviors as permissible. They appear to be charming, yet are covertly hostile and domineering, seeing their victim as merely an instrument to be used. They may dominate and humiliate their victims.

• Grandiose Sense of Self

Feels entitled to certain things as "their right."

• Pathological Lying

Has no problem lying coolly and easily and it is almost impossible for them to be truthful on a consistent basis. Can create, and get caught up in, a complex belief about their own powers and abilities. Extremely convincing and even able to pass lie detector tests.

• Lack of Remorse, Shame or Guilt

A deep seated rage, which is split off and repressed, is at their core. Does not see others around them as people, but only as targets and opportunities. Instead of friends, they have victims and accomplices who end up as victims. The end always justifies the means and they let nothing stand in their way.

• Shallow Emotions

When they show what seems to be warmth, joy, love and compassion it is more feigned than experienced and serves an ulterior motive. Outraged by insignificant matters, yet remaining unmoved and cold by what would upset a normal person. Since they are not genuine, neither are their promises.

• Incapacity for Love
  • Need for Stimulation

Living on the edge. Verbal outbursts and physical punishments are normal. Promiscuity and gambling are common.

• Callousness/Lack of Empathy

Unable to empathize with the pain of their victims, having only contempt for others' feelings of distress and readily taking advantage of them.

• Poor Behavioral Controls/Impulsive Nature

Rage and abuse, alternating with small expressions of love and approval produce an addictive cycle for abuser and abused, as well as creating hopelessness in the victim. Believe they are all-powerful, all-knowing, entitled to every wish, no sense of personal boundaries, no concern for their impact on others.

• Early Behavior Problems/Juvenile Delinquency

Usually has a history of behavioral and academic difficulties, yet "gets by" by conning others. Problems in making and keeping friends; aberrant behaviors such as cruelty to people or animals, stealing, etc.

• Irresponsibility/Unreliability

Not concerned about wrecking others' lives and dreams. Oblivious or indifferent to the devastation they cause. Does not accept blame themselves, but blames others, even for acts they obviously committed.

• Promiscuous Sexual Behavior/Infidelity

Promiscuity, child sexual abuse, rape and sexual acting out of all sorts.

• Lack of Realistic Life Plan/Parasitic Lifestyle

Tends to move around a lot or makes all encompassing promises for the future, poor work ethic but exploits others effectively.

• Criminal or Entrepreneurial Versatility

Changes their image as needed to avoid prosecution. Changes life story readily.

Profile of a Sociopath

The only one you could say might be promiscuous, but even that, not really. Not compared to everyone else in this story. :P

• Like 1

Wade is having an impact and perhaps the team will be better despite the clueless coach. His meeting with the bankers could be interesting as well. High fees and mediocre performance are not a recipe for long-term success or relationships.

But even if the bank loses the investment services side of Wade's business, they would likely retain the trust side of the business as they have done a somewhat good job given the size of the trust.

I was basing it more on the superficial and shallow emotions side, which was true of JP until we got to Billy dying in Be Rad. I also think JP has a general lack of shame or guilt- if he makes a decison, he won't think twice. I don't think JP had much empathy, either. Adam Phillips could explain this so much better. Oh, well. I'm not really going to dwell on that.

Back to Paternity...I loved JJ sitting to the side, looking pissed off at being dragged to a hockey game. That was sooooo me at 14. I would have had the exact same reaction. And I love how, through Wade's eyes, Will is still very much a kid. Which is probably true. When you're 14, you feel like a grown-up and you're mature and worldly. You don't realize you're still a child, which is reflected in how Will viewed himself. But through Wade's eyes, he's still a scrampy kid.

It's interesting how perspective works. From my perspective, I don't really see myself as all that young, and I look at 19-year olds and feel in awe of their abundant youth and untapped potential and promise. But I had a 35-year old friend call me a "kid" once. It was weird, but makes sense. To someone who's 18, I'm an old guy who can make and understand references to the late 1980's/early 1990's because I am old enough to actually remember that era. To someone who's 35, I'd still probably be thought of as a spring chicken.

I loved Wade's analysis of Matt:

I thought about JJ, with his diva personality, and laughed. Maybe Matt was like that? Maybe he was one of those guys who couldn’t really lead the team, because he was so good he couldn’t understand why the other guys weren’t. I was pondering that when the door flew open and Gathan came in.

It makes sense. JJ and Matt were drawn to each other, and it makes sense that there's some characteristic about them that drew them together. Meanwhile, Wade who is more relaxed yet not any kind of follower, was drawn to Will who is much the same way. Neither of them seem to be into winning. At least not in terms of sports. It's why Will droppped competitve surfing, because he saw what the urge to win did to JJ.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Like 1

I think the problem with JP comes from three factors:

1. He knew he was gay in a time which being gay had to be hidden.

2. The death of Steven, his friend and mentor just at the time JP needed him the most.

3. Being by nature a very shy kid. Burying all his feeling deep inside.

The additional loss of so many people he loved, starting with Andre and his cousin Billy and of course Jeff Hayes. It always comes back to Jeff. He found Sam and gave up on Jeff. What one action would haunt him for all his life.

Really well put. I think that the pivotal relationship in his life was with Jeff.

I have never considered JP to be even marginally a sociopath. I do think he was able to compartmentalize his life to an extent that he was able to do things not considered acceptable to protect those that he cared about. Would any of us, if we had the guts, do any less to protect those we care about?

I do think that Jeff's death, more than anything else has always haunted him. I was never really sure that JP gave up on Jeff as much as Jeff just realized he would never beat his addiction and gave up on himself. Even though Sam went back to Claremont to kill Jeff, he had already made the decision to end his own life. I really do believe that there are those that cannot overcome their demons and for some of them death is the only way out. I think JP always has blamed himself for not being able to save Jeff but some people just cannot be saved no matter how much you love them.

I agree with you about Jeff, and that became a central theme in JP's development as a character. Before that, his problems were mostly external, but after Jeff's death, that event festered in his soul like an open wound. I think that the wedding scene in Millenium, where he finally broke down about it, was the point where he was finally able to move beyond Jeff's death and forgive himself.

So for a minute I thought I was nuts because JP didn't meet any criteria for sociopahy as I remembered it from college.

But then I saw this:

Profile of a Sociopath

The only one you could say might be promiscuous, but even that, not really. Not compared to everyone else in this story. Posted Image

That was fantastic. I can't see JP in that. Now that does seem to be a spot on descriptor of Zach Hayes. Posted Image

• Like 1

Well, what can I say about the latest chapter of Paternity but magnificient.... The story development is just great with this story. I can't wait to see what happens next.

I loved how Wade called everyone out on the tradition issue. In sports and life, the traditions are often what defines us as a group, team, or family. I would expect someone from an old important Southern family to be big on traditions. Wade will never be able to play the " I am quitting " card again. Once you play something like that and then don't follow through you really can't use it again. You know that Matt didn't want him gone because they understand each other so well, and that will always translate onto the ice. I was really impressed by how Matt treated Gathan. It maybe a temporary thing but I think it is so important for Gathan's development and perhaps the teams as well.

I had really sort of forgotten about Mary Ellen, maybe she can show up and her and Gathan can have a fling. Wouldn't that add to the drama of it all???

I can't wait to see where all of this goes with Wade and Sean and how Matt plays into it. You just know that at some point there is going to be a really hot three way. I still sort of want to see Matt and Wade in a polygamous relationship that actually works. I don't know why I think they would follow that path but it just hit me a while back and I can't seem to move past it...

Mark, this is truly a wonderful story and series you have created. I know you commented a while back that someone wanted you to lay off of the CAP series and focus on the Bridgemont series, I will admit the Bridgemont series is my favorite; but don't do it. You have to follow your muse and be true to yourself. You have created two of the best online series I have ever come across and you shouldn't change a thing except do what you do best... WRITE...

I'm so glad you're enjoying the story! Wade coming out for tradition would be a natural reaction for him, just as you said. I don't think Wade was playing a card when he said he was quitting, he was dead serious. It was one of those incredibly logical decisions that he's capable of making. That being said, if he does stay, he won't quit again unless he means it.

Matt has periods where he's a little clueless, but he usually wakes up from them. What we're seeing here is his process of realizing that he's screwed up, and that he has to fix it. One of Matt's more endearing traits is his willingness to admit he's made a mistake and to try and fix it. The guy is flexible in so many ways.

I'm glad that I have both series to write. I find that I alternate between the two as my mood sways. Bridgemont is the bigger challenge, just because the chapters require more work to be somewhat realistic, but they're still a lot of fun to write.

It seems to me that we are either seeing Wade grow in confidence or maybe witnessing what was there and not called upon before. However, this big confrontation between Wade and Matt over Carl in the upper classman area of the locker room was awesome, Mark. Wade is able to see and articulate the bigger picture and values involved while able to almost use his strong emotions in the service of those issues. He controlled his anger and was really courageous in confronting Matt, Cole, and coach for the sake of the team that he didn't think that he was going to be a part of after the game. Wade clearly is a strong leader with confidence and an inner gyro of his strong sense of self. This is so unusual for one who endured the abuse that he did. How did he do that or find the confidence?

Then, Mark, you dog you raise the issue of what is going to happen with his dinner date with Sean? You have always been so great at leaving us hanging with questions. I always await the next chapter of whatever story you're telling. Thanks for sharing your talent with us.

I think that Wade's confidence is part of who he is, his heritage. Yes, he suffered through an abusive relationship with his father, but he still had his family background and money behind him to help compensate. And if you think about it, he's been working hard to repair his relationship with his father, and it's probable that that healing process has made him stronger both externally and internally. In addition, Wade's got to make the cold calculation that none of these guys can really hurt him. What's the coach going to do, kick him off the team? He's ready to go anyway. Cole and Matt are on the defensive, because they've been such poor leaders, so they'd be hard pressed to come after him with anything substantive.

More on the bankers in upcoming chapters....Posted Image

I was basing it more on the superficial and shallow emotions side, which was true of JP until we got to Billy dying in Be Rad. I also think JP has a general lack of shame or guilt- if he makes a decison, he won't think twice. I don't think JP had much empathy, either. Adam Phillips could explain this so much better. Oh, well. I'm not really going to dwell on that.

Back to Paternity...I loved JJ sitting to the side, looking pissed off at being dragged to a hockey game. That was sooooo me at 14. I would have had the exact same reaction. And I love how, through Wade's eyes, Will is still very much a kid. Which is probably true. When you're 14, you feel like a grown-up and you're mature and worldly. You don't realize you're still a child, which is reflected in how Will viewed himself. But through Wade's eyes, he's still a scrampy kid.

It's interesting how perspective works. From my perspective, I don't really see myself as all that young, and I look at 19-year olds and feel in awe of their abundant youth and untapped potential and promise. But I had a 35-year old friend call me a "kid" once. It was weird, but makes sense. To someone who's 18, I'm an old guy who can make and understand references to the late 1980's/early 1990's because I am old enough to actually remember that era. To someone who's 35, I'd still probably be thought of as a spring chicken.

I loved Wade's analysis of Matt:

It makes sense. JJ and Matt were drawn to each other, and it makes sense that there's some characteristic about them that drew them together. Meanwhile, Wade who is more relaxed yet not any kind of follower, was drawn to Will who is much the same way. Neither of them seem to be into winning. At least not in terms of sports. It's why Will droppped competitve surfing, because he saw what the urge to win did to JJ.

I think that you hit on something here. With Matt and JJ, winning at the game is the goal. With Will and Wade, winning at life is the deal.

• Like 1

I had to read the latest chapter three times to make sure I didn't miss anything. This was one of those delicious morsels that you just have to savor again and again.

I cannot believe how much Wade loves Matt. It just radiates out of him and comes through so much during the events in this chapter. You can tell that even if God/Mark forbid, Matt and Wade don't end up together they will always have this amazing connection that really will always be there.

Carl is to stupid to really be the mastermind of a plot to break Matt and Wade up, but I am starting to wonder if there isn't someone else behind him pulling the strings. This almost seems like something that Elizabeth " The Evil Overlord " Danfield would be involved in, I just can't see her endgame yet.

I love how Will can be pissed and torture JJ but no one else better try to do so. It is amazing how Will comes to JJ defense and does so as aggressively as he does. Here he is a 14 y/o and he is challenging guys several years older to protect JJ. I have to also say it is great how both Matt and Wade care about these kids and how they treat them. They both do what they can to make sure that both JJ and Will get validation and attention from them both.

I love but am a little unsure about this sudden wave of attention that Matt is showing Gathan. I can see him trying to be nicer and help him to score points with Wade, but a blowjob in the bathroom were under most circumstances no one would have ever known seems well curious? I do think that Matt and Gathan are sort of like each other in certain ways and I could see a three way with Matt, Wade, and Gathan being well, freaking hot......

One had to allow this story to marinate in the mind a little to uncover all the layers of delicate perfection contained within. This is a story were the layers have to peeled back one layer at a time. Each layer just a little more delicate and delicious than the one before.

• Like 2

Erm.... anyone else notice the subtle emphasis on wade "paying the bill"....

I wonder if his card is going to be declined.... The battle of the bankers beginning?

It would be tempting to go there, but I already did that to Matt, and I'm not allowed to repeat maneuvers like that or "people" bitch at me. (winks at Jeremy)

I had to read the latest chapter three times to make sure I didn't miss anything. This was one of those delicious morsels that you just have to savor again and again.

I cannot believe how much Wade loves Matt. It just radiates out of him and comes through so much during the events in this chapter. You can tell that even if God/Mark forbid, Matt and Wade don't end up together they will always have this amazing connection that really will always be there.

Carl is to stupid to really be the mastermind of a plot to break Matt and Wade up, but I am starting to wonder if there isn't someone else behind him pulling the strings. This almost seems like something that Elizabeth " The Evil Overlord " Danfield would be involved in, I just can't see her endgame yet.

I love how Will can be pissed and torture JJ but no one else better try to do so. It is amazing how Will comes to JJ defense and does so as aggressively as he does. Here he is a 14 y/o and he is challenging guys several years older to protect JJ. I have to also say it is great how both Matt and Wade care about these kids and how they treat them. They both do what they can to make sure that both JJ and Will get validation and attention from them both.

I love but am a little unsure about this sudden wave of attention that Matt is showing Gathan. I can see him trying to be nicer and help him to score points with Wade, but a blowjob in the bathroom were under most circumstances no one would have ever known seems well curious? I do think that Matt and Gathan are sort of like each other in certain ways and I could see a three way with Matt, Wade, and Gathan being well, freaking hot......

One had to allow this story to marinate in the mind a little to uncover all the layers of delicate perfection contained within. This is a story were the layers have to peeled back one layer at a time. Each layer just a little more delicate and delicious than the one before.

Thanks for that vivid description. I wanted to address the issue you raised with Matt and Gathan, since I didn't expound on that in the story. I think that both of those guys are sexual beasts, and I can see them using something like a blow job to sort of seal a new friendship. That's usually how I do it. Posted Image Posted Image

I think that's true of siblings in general. You may be pissed off at them, but damned if you're going to let someone demean them.

It's been interesting how protective Darius and Will have been of JJ, because he's short. It'll be interesting for JJ to eventually become independant and protect himself.

• Like 1

Chapter 14 is up and is all about Wade and Matt following the revelations in the mensroom. It is a nice piece of writing that goes into some detail about their relationship with a positive resolution of some of their problems. Well done and interesting in an intimate way. Good job. I like the way that Matt explains his feelings about Riley. I wouldn't have thought of that, but now I can picture it.

A little under the weather so this will be short for me at least...

Loved the new chapter. Loved how Wade was able to explain to Matt what he was thinking; and loved that Matt finally saw what Wade was telling him all along.

Loved the scene in the garden in the dirt, so hot... Loved that JP and Stef were the ones that met them afterward.

I just really loved it....

p.s. Methodwriter's song picks were perfect for this chapter....

• Like 1

It would be tempting to go there, but I already did that to Matt, and I'm not allowed to repeat maneuvers like that or "people" bitch at me. (winks at Jeremy)

First of all, I never bitch at you, Mark. I am far too shy, sweet, and humble to ever get into some kind of rampaging bitch mode. Second, be glad you have me on you about this.Posted Image I'm still trying to coax someone back into reading CAP, which he abandoned when it looked like you were going to replay Brad's teen angst with Will. At 12 stories in, it's easy to start repeating old storylines, and I'm ever viligant to keep that from happening. No one wants to read a re-tread of old CAP storylines with the new generation of kids- things need to be kept fresh, interesting, and different. The homage stuff is great, like the references to Man In Motion during Poor Man's Son, but when you start ripping off your old storylines, that's when you know it's time to call it a day. Kinda like Little House on the Prairie, when they brought Shannen Doherty on during the last few years of the show to try and be the New Melissa Gilbert because Melissa Gilbert could not do cute little girl storylines anymore. It doesn't work. Will cannot be the New Brad. Wade cannot be the New JP. Let these characters have their own dynamics and issues to work through, rather than replay things we've already covered and seen.

You HAVE been doing a great job of giving this generation of kids a completely different feel from the Be Rad, and it's been great. JJ especially feels completely fresh, and fun. Which makes sense- Jeremy really is just so special and one in a million, you know?Posted Image

Over in the Reviews, Private Tim wrote:

Very cool Mark, although it almost feels like the end of a story. I know this isn't going to be a 50 chapter book, but where do we go from here

Dude, I wouldn't sound Taps just yet. There's still Wade's mother to deal with, not to mention all the southern Virginian relatives that are going to want to meet Riley for Blueblood Baby's First Christmas. (And no doubt have some hearty opinions about Tiffany.) The 2000 election is going to provide some good fodder. Not to mention the Bush innauguration, signaling the end of the Golden Era of the Clinton administration and the beginning of 8 years of Dubya hell. And on Will's side, we still need to see the Harvard-Westlake 9th grade retreat.

Thanks. The Red Hot Chili Peppers were definitely on a hot streak in 1999-2000.

A little under the weather so this will be short for me at least...

Loved the new chapter. Loved how Wade was able to explain to Matt what he was thinking; and loved that Matt finally saw what Wade was telling him all along.

Loved the scene in the garden in the dirt, so hot... Loved that JP and Stef were the ones that met them afterward.

I just really loved it....

One of the things I try to keep in mind as I write this is that compared to the other characters, I think Matt and Wade do a really good job of communicating with each other. Now granted, no one/couple is perfect, but even in this situation, with some serious shit to deal with, they manage to work through it together. If it were Brad and Robbie, Robbie would already be in a body bag by now. If it was JP, he'd still be grinding things around in his mind, and not verbalizing them to Stef.

• Like 1

I wonder if that's a product of their generation. Gen Y people were brought up to be more open about their feelings, and not keep things so bottled up that things explode. We were also raised to be team players, with communication being key, so that might be another reason.

It also helps that neither Matt nor Wade are anal-retentive control freaks like Brad and JP can be.

Edited by methodwriter85

I wonder if that's a product of their generation. Gen Y people were brought up to be more open about their feelings, and not keep things so bottled up that things explode. We were also raised to be team players, with communication being key, so that might be another reason.

It also helps that neither Matt nor Wade are anal-retentive control freaks like Brad and JP can be.

I think that Wade is definitely anal retentive, and both he and Matt have the makings of control freaks. You may be right about the generational thing, but I think the fact that they are both more secure with themselves has a lot to do with it. I also think the crucible they went through in "Bloodlines" bound them together more tightly than most guys their age.

• Like 1

I think that Wade is definitely anal retentive, and both he and Matt have the makings of control freaks. You may be right about the generational thing, but I think the fact that they are both more secure with themselves has a lot to do with it. I also think the crucible they went through in "Bloodlines" bound them together more tightly than most guys their age.

Good point. Although man- I guess that leaves John Hobart as the only guy in Generation 4 not exhibiting control freak signs. Sheesh. For a laidback stoner surfer family, they sure do get high-strung.

If we're going by your M.O., that means something big is going to happen between Will and Tony, since it seems like we're supposed to be rooting for them as soulmates as well that just need to overcome Will's age and Tony's closet-case-ness.

Good point. Although man- I guess that leaves John Hobart as the only guy in Generation 4 not exhibiting control freak signs. Sheesh. For a laidback stoner surfer family, they sure do get high-strung.

If we're going by your M.O., that means something big is going to happen between Will and Tony, since it seems like we're supposed to be rooting for them as soulmates as well that just need to overcome Will's age and Tony's closet-case-ness.

I think that the verdict is still out on how uptight these guys turn out when they actually arrive at adulthood. Right now, they're mostly just bitchy teenagers.

I'm not sure where you're getting the Will and Tony thing. Right now they're just hook-up buds. I'm not sure I see that changing.

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..