I decided to have a little fun with this one... I know it's not an It Was A... story. Sorry to disappoint, but that story could not stand alone well enough for the anthology. So, you got this one instead. Here's to a good story anyway.

Enjoy!

[sharedmedia=stories:stories:2770]

Very well done; I loved the slow reveal, and that ending... that had me cracking up, especially the way you played it off the title.

Another favorite of mine was Chord's fondness for spending his cousin's money. That had me chuckling.

Thanks Lugh. :)

Very well done; I loved the slow reveal, and that ending... that had me cracking up, especially the way you played it off the title.

Another favorite of mine was Chord's fondness for spending his cousin's money. That had me chuckling.

Thanks Lugh. Posted Image

Thanks CJ,

glad you enjoyed it.

People really don't believe me when I say I have trouble writing modern fiction, but I do. Sighs... now they're never going to believe me.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Poor Lugh. That is because you rework your story twelve ways to Sunday till it sparkles like a jewel and people only see the final product. The story was wonderful, everyone loved the twist you gave it, and now you just set a new bar for yourself that you have to keep meeting. :)