[Altimexis] From the Ashes by Altimexis

• Site Administrator

From the Ashes by Altimexis

Nearly a century before this story begins, a race known as the Cereneans conquered and subjugated the people of Loran. Seeking to expand their empire, they set their sights on Earth, unaware that a refugee from Loran was already there. Although young Lansley was unable to prevent the attack, the knowledge he brought with him allowed the humans to fight back and ultimately rebuild. Little did he and his boyfriend, Steve, realize they were about to play an even bigger role.

:nuke: :nuke: Spoilers Below!!! :nuke: :nuke:

It's a delight to see sci-fi that makes use of actual phisical effects, such as quantum pairing (better known as quantum entanglement).

Where or not quantum entanglement can be used for superluminal (faster than light) communication is highly controversial, though less so in recent weeks. The reason was that some of the more adamant stances against the possibility;ithy of superluminal communication were based on the speed of light limit being a fundamental limit. Well, that wall looks like it may have been cracked, in the form of neutrinos clocked as traveling faster than light. And that may be the biggest news in physics in 40 years, *IF* it proves out.

Thanks for this story, Altimexis. It blends in very well with the prequel, yet stands well on its own. Crafting a unique universe is hard to do, yet far harder still in shorter formats such as these.

The sentimental overflight of the Escalante Canyons area was a very nice touch. (I've been 4-wheeling in the area quite a few time,s and highly recommend it).

CJ :)

It's a wonderful story filled with interesting ideas and a lot good scientific detail. I love how you explained quantum tunneling and the descriptions work very well.

I won't lie though, I do hold that there are 4 dimensions of spacetime as one, but that's a physics debate that is ongoing between people who argue on Planck/Standard model versus M-theory/String theory models. Though at the moment, the super collider experiments seem to agree with 4 dimensions versus extra-dimension model, it is not certain yet.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...