Hi Colin,

The chapters are there. I was told that for some reason none of the notifications of new posts are being sent, that may have something to do with it. Will need to investigate.

The link in my signature should take you to the story though.

Since I have had a few PMs asking about this I thought I'd post one answer here.

“Actually dad, I don’t think gay kissing is allowed in PG films.” (taken from the end of chapter three)

Just for the record, gay kissing can and has occured in PG rated films here in the UK. Direct quote from the British Board of Film Classification website (equivalent to the MPAA in the US) is below (bbfc.co.uk):

The BBFC has passed gay kissing and gay relationships at all categories. The BBFC guidelines treat heterosexual activity and homosexuality equally, just as the law in the UK demands, stating:

The portrayal of human sexual activity can range from kissing and references to ‘making love’ to detail of real sex. This is reflected in the classification system, in which progressively stronger portrayal is allowed as the categories rise. The BBFC Guidelines apply the same standards to homosexual as to heterosexual activity. It would be illegal under the Human Rights Act 1998 for the BBFC discriminate between depictions of heterosexual and homosexual relationships.

My cousin recently saw an instance of two gay teens kissing in a PG rated film and being slightly suprised said "I didn't know gay kissing was allowed in PG films" especially as he then had to try to explain it to his eight-year old son. I simply took what he said and used it - it was not intended to imply any inequality in the way that films are classified here in the UK, nor is it intended to be a personal reflection on the way how I believe that films are classified.

Chapter 7 has been submitted. Further chapters will not be posted for the next couple of months as I have a 5000-7000 word essay due for my post grad diploma by end of March, so any free time I have is now being devoted to that.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...