Open Club  ·  74 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Circumnavigation (99 +13) Blood in the Water

Blood in the Water is up. :)

Nice and relaxing, I think... :)

BTW, on a serious note; I've been beset with internet connection trouble, plus a major project at home, so I've been mainly offline. My apologies to those I owe forum replies, comment replies, e-mail replies, or PM's to. I'll be caught up in a few days at most, and I'll get to them by then at the latest.

Oh, and VERY IMPORTANT: The 2011 GA Reader's Choice Awards voting ends on Feb 25th.

The category of King of Cliffhangers (or Queen, if female) is one of many being voted upon, and this year we have four fine choices: Cia, JWolf, Lugh, and Nephylim. Pick one and Make Your Vote Count!

CJ :)

I'm praying to whoever the god of Letting the Punishment Fit the Crime is,for a swift to happen, but drawn-out death of a certain villainess aboard Lobsterpot, or whatever the heck that boat is currently labled. I feel it would be fitting; however, if that evil "B" were to have a collision with Tsunami debris, then blow up, then be eaten by sharks, and alligators, while naked and slowly drowning....

Laissez les bons temps rouler

Posted Image ..................... Nice I knew somehow Bridget was going to escape Wesson/Florida style of justice. Now lets se if she can escape the cartles vengenge as I see her world unraveling very soon.  So Joel and Trevor are carrying armed .45 cal shark sticks? I wonder if Mr. B. knows that or that there are a couple of Tiger sharks in the area? Posted Image  I suppose a quick jump in the drink could solve his confusement!  Great chapter, I was a bit astonded at Bridget's evasive nature, and frankly disappointed at the Police and Coast Guards response to it. But I'm sure Bridget's demise will be a delicious ending outweighing her escapade.  Likewise I see Trevor and company prevailing over an over confident Mr. B. and a hungry Tiger Shark. Posted Image  Lets see if Uncle Greg can shed some light on the 'hidden secrets' of the Kookburra, that our heros can uncover after the fianl attempt on Trevor.  Or is it? Can Julie still be involved?

Looking forward to next weeks chapter Goat, don't disapoint me!!  Posted Image

Edited by Benji
  • Like 1

Strangely, I find myself rooting for Bridget and was thrilled by her harrowing escape from the pigs. I hope she's smart enough to realize that she needs to show Sanchez who's really the boss by personally murdering him in front of the other high-level members of the Cartel. This would secure Bridget's place on the Cartel's Board of Directors, and (more importantly) ensure her longevity. And Bridget's longevity definitely matters, because we need her around for the sequel, the author's insistence that there isn't going to be a sequel notwithstanding!

Strangely, I find myself rooting for Bridget and was thrilled by her harrowing escape from the pigs. I hope she's smart enough to realize that she needs to show Sanchez who's really the boss by personally murdering him in front of the other high-level members of the Cartel. This would secure Bridget's place on the Cartel's Board of Directors, and (more importantly) ensure her longevity. And Bridget's longevity definitely matters, because we need her around for the sequel, the author's insistence that there isn't going to be a sequel notwithstanding!

Posted Image .......................I'm not surprised at Bridgets escape, in fact I was pretty sure she would have escaped from the coast guard and police from justy the jist of the goats entollment of her boats new 'powers', her prowness did not suprise me, after all I have been reading the goat for some time! Posted Image Nah, Bridgets demise is written in the stars and to be soon, Trevors and company will be the last test to try us readers, as the last piece of the puzzel will be the finding of the docuements left by Arnold. Of course here is always Julie to contend with! Posted Image

I knew it was a clif hanger .... time for a period!!! lol

It's definitely not a cliffhanger. After all, Basingstoke isn't even mentioned, so nothing to worry about. :)

that woman should be running a large legit corporation: the contacts, the organisational ability, the sheer cunning, and more luck than any lottery winner!

Great read!

She came up unlucky a few times; she got shot, then the coin toss went against her and they sent the Jayhawk after her instead of the decoy. :)

She does indeed have good organizational ability, and ruthless cunning. If she wazs heading up an organization, I can imagine what her idea of "severance pay" would be... Posted Image

Too bad Bridget the witch didn't bleed out.... I'm still hoping for gangrene and blood poisoning Posted Image

Her boat is indeed well-named. While writing that chapter, I made (and caught a few minutes later) a goof; "The Sea Witch roared on, at the helm of her boat..." A Freudian slip? :)

I'm praying to whoever the god of Letting the Punishment Fit the Crime is,for a swift to happen, but drawn-out death of a certain villainess aboard Lobsterpot, or whatever the heck that boat is currently labled. I feel it would be fitting; however, if that evil "B" were to have a collision with Tsunami debris, then blow up, then be eaten by sharks, and alligators, while naked and slowly drowning....

Laissez les bons temps rouler

Bridget isn';t likeley to win any popularity contests, is she? :)

and this is why cutters need torpedoes or missiles. Send in a real gunship like an apache or longbow hehe.

Some of the new classes of cutter will be far better armed, inclucing with Phalanx CIWS guns, a point defence system that would have reduced Sea Witch to kindling. :)

Posted Image ..................... Nice I knew somehow Bridget was going to escape Wesson/Florida style of justice. Now lets se if she can escape the cartles vengenge as I see her world unraveling very soon. So Joel and Trevor are carrying armed .45 cal shark sticks? I wonder if Mr. B. knows that or that there are a couple of Tiger sharks in the area? Posted Image I suppose a quick jump in the drink could solve his confusement! Great chapter, I was a bit astonded at Bridget's evasive nature, and frankly disappointed at the Police and Coast Guards response to it. But I'm sure Bridget's demise will be a delicious ending outweighing her escapade. Likewise I see Trevor and company prevailing over an over confident Mr. B. and a hungry Tiger Shark. Posted Image Lets see if Uncle Greg can shed some light on the 'hidden secrets' of the Kookburra, that our heros can uncover after the fianl attempt on Trevor. Or is it? Can Julie still be involved?

Looking forward to next weeks chapter Goat, don't disapoint me!! Posted Image

The powerheads on the spearguns were mentioned whiloe they were at Rhys Lagoon, long ago. They make a very nice weapon.

A very great deal of light will be shed on secrets hidden, and we don't have long to wait. It's in the coming chapter.

Bridget has been a drug runner on and off for decades. Via that, and her knowledge from George (who, as part of the drug task force, sometimes liased with the Coast Guard) she knows thier rules of enagement and capabilities. And, with knowing that, she knew that if she could take out the police choppers, she had a better than even odds chance of getting away.

BTW, almost every tactic shown (and maybe all... I just don't know) has been seen in real Coast Guard encounters, and the drug runners often do get away.

Maybe she'll end up like the Eric in "For the Love?" :)

Okay, a question: WHERE IS BASINGSTOKE??? I'm amazed that no one has noticed... something. :P

BTW, the coming chapter is called "Head Games". :)

Okay, a question: WHERE IS BASINGSTROKE??? I'm amazed no one has notices.....something

Posted Image ................... I thought he might already be on board, but wouldn't someone have spoted his raft? Unless he had time to deflate it and hide it. But he had charcoal and other supplies, and had to be careful about chancing being spotted by our heros as they would have to surface for air every so often. So I would think he will be waiting for them to board the boat and then, hail them. Hopefully, Trevor will call Uncle Greg first.

Okay, a question: WHERE IS BASINGSTROKE??? I'm amazed no one has notices.....something

Posted Image ................... I thought he might already be on board, but wouldn't someone have spoted his raft? Unless he had time to deflate it and hide it. But he had charcoal and other supplies, and had to be careful about chancing being spotted by our heros as they would have to surface for air every so often. So I would think he will be waiting for them to board the boat and then, hail them. Hopefully, Trevor will call Uncle Greg first.

We're about to find out, but you are intuitive as always! Posted Image

thanks for this story. Just read it over the last few days. has the navy not picked up on the tracking signal yet?

Thanks!!!!

They picked it up when Kookaburra was in Fleet Base West, but didn't realize what it was. It did piss off HMAS Perth's weapons officer though! :)

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..