Open Club  ·  73 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Circumnavigation (99+16) Ballmail

Wait. Where is the cliffhanger?! Bridget and Basingstoke out cold. Trevor far from any danger. What's going on???

I guess the last sentence could be interpreted as ominous. Lisa's plane could crash into the ocean. Yes... the king of cliffhangers is still going strong.

CJ:

Thanks for starting the final lap of your epic story.

Finally we are reading some positive plans being made for turning the story around: the multiple radio transmitters, the standing alert for all Debonairs flying west, the matching color scheme for both boats and a plan to have charters in both the US and Australia.

As far as Bridget and Billy go, I sense they'll need more than looking different to escape and live unnoticed for the rest of their lives.

Thanks for "Ballmail".

Gotta love your titles, CJ. "Ballmail" one was one of my favorites, in particular because its namesake enabled Shane to keep Trevor from being an ass -- with the best of intentions -- and driving Shane away. Gotta love that boy for seeing through Trevor and making him see sense. It helps keep their relationship equal, which is critical for both of them and for the long-term success of their relationship.

The other aspect that I loved about this chapter is that Trevor and Shane are making plans with Joel and Lisa to be partners in a binational/bicontinent chartering company. As long as some twist does note mess up those plans...

Glad you're back!

Posted Image ..................Ballmail, I was Huh? I had no clue as to it meant, until 'Shane explains all' Posted Image Nice easy chapter, with the noose getting closer to Mr. B. and Bridget getting pampered at a resort with a surprised Billy. No disturbing clues, no word from Gonzales, it was a shame the Coast guard didn't find anything else on the Kookaburra, I guess that is going to be up to Trevor and Shane to discover. Looking forward to more Goat!!

Title confused me too - not to make fun of dyslexia, but for a while there I was certain that I was having a problem. Thankfully Shane's skilled applied pressure tactic worked in more ways than one!

Certainly appears that B'stoke is safe until he makes his next westward trip, but even then what can they really do except nab him for trespassing on K'burra? Unless of course his collected DNA (presuming they recovered some) pops up somewhere in a database of evidence from crime scenes...then they have a strong reason to take him instead of a presumed simple trespass...

As for Bridget and Billy, I guess we will just have to wait and see wait develops...

One last comment - even though CJ's stories are free of explicit erotic content, it was nice to see that at least we have indications that ours boys enjoy each other at meaningful moments.

Thanks CJ!

• Like 1

Ballbuster Shane squeezes poor misguided Trevor into forgetting about dumping him so he is no longer in harms way. Sentimental, but not very smart with a professional assasin out to get Trevor. But then love is blind.

Interesting quote from the chapter:

“What about using the old bows from Kookaburra?” Trevor asked.

“Not possible, mate; I crushed those and got rid of them right after the conversion; they weren’t something I wanted around the yard, due to the questions they could raise, plus the unlikelihood I’d find use for ‘em."

So if what Bridget is concerned about was stashed in the bows, they are gone anyway.....

Guest Spittune

CJ. I love this story (including the cliffhangers, lol).

I am impatiently waiting for the next chapters and your

next epic story if one is on the drafting board.

Ed

Ballbuster Shane squeezes poor misguided Trevor into forgetting about dumping him so he is no longer in harms way. Sentimental, but not very smart with a professional assasin out to get Trevor. But then love is blind.

“Not possible, mate; I crushed those and got rid of them right after the conversion; they weren’t something I wanted around the yard, due to the questions they could raise, plus the unlikelihood I’d find use for ‘em."

So if what Bridget is concerned about was stashed in the bows, they are gone anyway.....

That thought occurred to me, but I thought maybe I had misread and meant to go back to check it. Also realized I couldn't remember for sure which boat it had been that had the incriminating evidence. Guess the attempts to confuse Ares and Atlantis are working for more than just the characters in the story... Thanks for the reminder, Daddydavek!

• Like 1

Wait. Where is the cliffhanger?! Bridget and Basingstoke out cold. Trevor far from any danger. What's going on???

I guess the last sentence could be interpreted as ominous. Lisa's plane could crash into the ocean. Yes... the king of cliffhangers is still going strong.

Now what could possibly go wrong on a flight to New Jersey? :)

CJ:

Thanks for starting the final lap of your epic story.

Finally we are reading some positive plans being made for turning the story around: the multiple radio transmitters, the standing alert for all Debonairs flying west, the matching color scheme for both boats and a plan to have charters in both the US and Australia.

As far as Bridget and Billy go, I sense they'll need more than looking different to escape and live unnoticed for the rest of their lives.

Thanks for "Ballmail".

Their plans for the future... yes, we finally see them. They have been foreshadowed from the start, by Joel's love of being at the helm. The only problem is that, at the moment, such plans are impossible, thanks to the cartel literally wanting Trevor's head.

It fits.

MikeL advised me to use it; I think I had the title previously as "pains", but it just felt bleh, so I pondered changing it to ballmail to MikeL, who is very good with titles. :)

It is an odd title...

I'm an odd writer. :)

Gotta love your titles, CJ. "Ballmail" one was one of my favorites, in particular because its namesake enabled Shane to keep Trevor from being an ass -- with the best of intentions -- and driving Shane away. Gotta love that boy for seeing through Trevor and making him see sense. It helps keep their relationship equal, which is critical for both of them and for the long-term success of their relationship.

The other aspect that I loved about this chapter is that Trevor and Shane are making plans with Joel and Lisa to be partners in a binational/bicontinent chartering company. As long as some twist does note mess up those plans...

Glad you're back!

Good catch! Yes, they do have an equal relationship, which is very hard to do under the circumstances; Trevor is the one who owns the boats. That makes it inherently unequal, or would, if Shane wasn't Shane. :)

Ballmail. Ouch. But it seems to have been effective.

Definitely looks like we are on the home stretch, with plans being made for the future now.

Yep, we're nearing the end. About nine chapters to go. :)

Posted Image ..................Ballmail, I was Huh? I had no clue as to it meant, until 'Shane explains all' Posted Image Nice easy chapter, with the noose getting closer to Mr. B. and Bridget getting pampered at a resort with a surprised Billy. No disturbing clues, no word from Gonzales, it was a shame the Coast guard didn't find anything else on the Kookaburra, I guess that is going to be up to Trevor and Shane to discover. Looking forward to more Goat!!

Shane gets right to the point. :)

Title confused me too - not to make fun of dyslexia, but for a while there I was certain that I was having a problem. Thankfully Shane's skilled applied pressure tactic worked in more ways than one!

Certainly appears that B'stoke is safe until he makes his next westward trip, but even then what can they really do except nab him for trespassing on K'burra? Unless of course his collected DNA (presuming they recovered some) pops up somewhere in a database of evidence from crime scenes...then they have a strong reason to take him instead of a presumed simple trespass...

As for Bridget and Billy, I guess we will just have to wait and see wait develops...

One last comment - even though CJ's stories are free of explicit erotic content, it was nice to see that at least we have indications that ours boys enjoy each other at meaningful moments.

Thanks CJ!

Thanks!

Yep, they do indeed share a bed for a reason. :)

I do have explicit content in some stories, but only where it's plot relevant to have it covered in detail. So far, in Circumnavigation, it hasn't been.

I almost did have an explicit scene earlier in the story, basically a conversation taking place amid sex, but I decided against it. And before anyone bemoans this choice, I should mention that the two characters in the scene were Bridget and George. :)

I'm not saying it applies here in this case, but we can't be certain, because characters, unlike the narrator, can be mistaken, or even lie. :)

CJ. I love this story (including the cliffhangers, lol).

I am impatiently waiting for the next chapters and your

next epic story if one is on the drafting board.

Ed

I do have a few on the drawing board. Coming up with story ideas is easy; they just pop into my head. (proof that nature indeed abhors a vacuum, and endeavors to fill it). :)

However, regarding Circumnavigation; bad news... I'll be posting about it in it's own thread in a moment, but it's on hold. I'm very sorry to have to do this, but the next chapter to post just wasn't working, I felt it stank, and couldn't figure out why. So, I had to put the story on hold. There won't be a chapter Tuesday, it'll be a week from Tuesday.

CJ

However, regarding Circumnavigation; bad news... I'll be posting about it in it's own thread in a moment, but it's on hold. I'm very sorry to have to do this, but the next chapter to post just wasn't working, I felt it stank, and couldn't figure out why. So, I had to put the story on hold. There won't be a chapter Tuesday, it'll be a week from Tuesday.

CJ

That's terrible news!

From a purely educational standpoint, I would love to see what stinking chapter looks like - I'm guessing a stinking chapter from CJ is still better than most...

;-)

CJ

That's terrible news!

Yay! The goat lives.

We are far enough in the story now that waiting an extra week is a no-brainer. Who would read 115 chapters and then quit because there is a two week wait between chapters? At least we aren't left waiting two years as is the habit of some authors.

CJ

That's terrible news!

The good news is, I figured out what was wrong, and I'm writing again; the block is over. :)

From a purely educational standpoint, I would love to see what stinking chapter looks like - I'm guessing a stinking chapter from CJ is still better than most...

;-)

Thanks for the vote of confidence, but this one truly stank. I didn't save a copy (I did the rewrite over the top of the original file) or I'd offer to post it here in the forum, for those wishing to see a truly awful mess. I'll keep a copy of my next screw-up, and if you still want to see it, I'll post it. At the very least, it will give people something to laugh at. :)

Yay! The goat lives.

We are far enough in the story now that waiting an extra week is a no-brainer. Who would read 115 chapters and then quit because there is a two week wait between chapters? At least we aren't left waiting two years as is the habit of some authors.

I've heard that some authors post just one chapter a year. It's probably for the best I didn't do that with Circumnavigation. :)

• Site Moderator

I've heard that some authors post just one chapter a year. It's probably for the best I didn't do that with Circumnavigation.

That's a good thing, as most of would be long dead and buried by the time you finished.

I've just been glancing through the chapter again and it occurred to me that someone with Basingstoke's background and level of thoroughness would surely be unlikely to leave fingerprints or DNA on the tracking device.

OK, he didn't expect it to be found - Kookaburra would be blown up or sunk some other way - but it still seems rather careless. Surely he'd have worn gloves?

I've just been glancing through the chapter again and it occurred to me that someone with Basingstoke's background and level of thoroughness would surely be unlikely to leave fingerprints or DNA on the tracking device.

OK, he didn't expect it to be found - Kookaburra would be blown up or sunk some other way - but it still seems rather careless. Surely he'd have worn gloves?

Posted Image ...............True, but when Trevor saw him paddling across the inlet there was no mention of Mr. B wearing gloves either, and he left the raft for the authorities to find. It also does not state how he inflated the raft, if he blew up via his lungs!! Posted Image

Edited by Benji

Posted Image ...............True, but when Trevor saw him paddling across the inlet there was no mention of Mr. B wearing gloves either, and he left the raft for the authorities to find. It also does not state how he inflated the raft, if he blew up via his lungs!! Posted Image

I suspect that an aviation emergency raft is probably self-inflating, but there might well be skin cells on the walls of the raft or the paddle if he left that too. I hadn't thought about the raft, though.

That's a good thing, as most of would be long dead and buried by the time you finished.

A century would be a bit long to wait. :)

If he'd worn gloves, I'd have had to mention it in the narrative. I didn't, so he didn't. :)

Self-inflating, via a CO2 canister. :)

I suspect that an aviation emergency raft is probably self-inflating, but there might well be skin cells on the walls of the raft or the paddle if he left that too. I hadn't thought about the raft, though.

Yep! Self inflating... and as for DNA... we shall see. :)

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..