I'm really sorry for the delay. I promise to post new chapter on Monday. We still have a lot of cleaning up and repairs to be done after the storm that ripped through here on Friday night. Our power is back on! **happy dance** (there's still lots of people without power, food or water!)

Well, It's true that a tornado sounds like a freight train! It was something I didn't need to find out first hand. It's scary looking in the back yard and seeing where trees use to be but they are gone!!! They didn't fall over or blow down...they are gone! Poof! Gone. I hope they didn't hurt anyone where they landed but there is lots of land where we live so hopefully they found a nice new home! This was a bad storm and we had very little warning before it hit!

We are safe and healthy :D Thanks for all your messages!

KC and Robert

Glad all is Okay KC, must have been a blessing to not have JJ there. :hug: Her parcels on the way this week and I'll get to the story in the morning I need to save it. :P

Love to all :hug:

Hey guys, thanks for all the great reviews. I Will answer them all after these freaking tests are done tomoorrow. I can't think clear at all at the moment I have shuch a massive headache. Hands shaking bad, too! :(

Thanks

KC

I saw that there is a bunch of new reviews from the last 2 day (over 50). :D I see that a few new readers have joined, too. I'll get to all of your reviews later tonight or tomorrow. The tests are over but still not feeling like myself yet. thanks for all the messages and well wishes :)

KC

Stupid freaking damn autopost!!!!!!! I tried to figure it out but the freaking thing posted the chapter!!!!! Posted Image

Well for those reading, I was trying to do a dry-run and post for tomorrow but as you can see, It posted right now. I won't take it down....Yay, Chapter 17 is up early...by stupid author error.

https://www.gayauthors.org/story/kc-grim/shepherdscrook/17

Soooooo, I will be in Chicago next Monday...I was trying to figure out the auto post so the readers didn't have to wait until I got home. I'll try to figure it out between now and then but if no, I'll applologize for the wait in advance!

Thanks guys!

KC

Edited by KC Grim
  • Like 1

Posted Image Caution: twist and turns ahead!!!

Hehe- I'm sorry Billy, but all I can say is when it's all finished that 1. I hope it makes sense like I've planned. 2. That the readers are satisfied with the story in total (including the end) 3. that this story sticks with you long after the word 'the end'

I want everyone to enjoy Shepherd's Crook as much as I have :D

All I ask is that everyone refrain from signing up for the 'Assassinate KC Thread' until the end.... please? Posted Image

Like I've said before: I need my fingers to type and if someone kills me...nobody will every know what happens. Well, Rustle knows but he ain't talking! :P

Okay, I've set the next chapter of Shepherd's Crook to auto-post on Monday, Aug 6th at 4pm EST...I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it works! :D

Chapter 18 :o there are only 2 more left!!!!! Let me know what you think :)

**Happy Dance**

The auto-post worked!!!! :lol: In case you missed it Chapter 18 is now up: https://www.gayauthors.org/story/kc-grim/shepherdscrook/18

Thank you to all of you that have been reading and encouraging me along the way. We are coming to the end, just 2 more chapters. I'm gonna hate to see this one end, but I'm getting really excited about the new story that I'm working on. It will start posting in the fall. Thanks again!

KC :D

Well Chapter 19 is set to auto-post on Monday at 3pm EST. I'm very excited about this chapter as well as the next, which will bring the end of the story for Shepherd's Crook.

Next week with Chapter 20 will also be a small epilogue. I hope I answer all questions, tie up loose ends and finish the story leaving the readers very satisfied. My goal for this story is for it to be one of those stories that the reader remembers once they reach 'the end'. That is stays with them long after Gibby's journey is finished.

I can't say thank you enough. The readers and fans have been amazing! You have stuck with me (and the death threats have dramaticly reduced :P )

Thanks!

KC :D

Home from vacation to a ton of awesome reviews! Sorry to be late at answering them but I promise to answer each and every one of them...tomorrow :P Soooo tired from a long drive!

It's done!!! The end of Shepherd's Crook has been posted! Chapter 20 along with a small epilogue is now released for your reading pleasure! :D

https://www.gayauthors.org/story/kc-grim/shepherdscrook/20

The response to this story has been amazing! I can't thank you enough, everyone who has read and reviewed, cried and cheered during this journey.

Thank you!!!

KC

• Like 1

Posted Image Caution: twist and turns ahead!!!

Hehe- I'm sorry Billy, but all I can say is when it's all finished that 1. I hope it makes sense like I've planned. 2. That the readers are satisfied with the story in total (including the end) 3. that this story sticks with you long after the word 'the end'

I want everyone to enjoy Shepherd's Crook as much as I have Posted Image

I'm glad you kept Tanner, kinda p'd you didn't include him in the epilogue. But all in all, you nailed your three goals, especially the last. I don't get hyper over stories often

Thanks Brian, I really think it was best that gibby and tanner's story ended at chapter 20 and the epilogue was from shelby's POV...but I couldn't help but slip a little update in there for everyone ;)

Glad to have hit all 3 goals, it makes me very happy...I actually feel like a real boy writer! :P LOL

I'm happy yet sad to see this story end. It was good to see it all come full circle but I'm going to miss Gibby and Tannar. They made my Monday's worth getting out of bed for! This has become my favorite story of all time. I agree with your other fans that you should get this published (I want a signed copy too! :P )

I'm so proud of you, you're very talented and will go really really far, just wait and see!!!!

I look forward to seeing what's next :hug:

Thanks Rose, this was a long hard journey for both me and my characters. They started to feel like friends and it's sad to let them go but now I can move on to new stories and other projects. As far a getting it published...how about I print you off a copy the next time you come over...will that get you off my back??? :lmao:

I'm so glad you liked it :D

• 2 weeks later...

asamvav111

Word of Caution: NEVER read 'Shepherd's Crook' while depressed. You may need to adjust your meds afterwards. I couldn't go beyond chapter eleven. And to think I was saving it for such a long time. Damn you Grim.

Today, 02:14 PM

MJ85

I actually have to agree with this - sorry KC, but Tanner's death was an outright dealbeaker for me. I got curious to check out the ending after seeing everyone talk about it here - and I wish that I hadn't. Posted Image The story makes me think of the movie Ghost, only with a lot more unhappiness.

Today, 02:28 PM

asamvav111

I was thinking about doing just the same, now that I have calmed down a bit (least the crying has stopped). Thank you MJ, now I will not do that either. Stay clear of this story people.

Today, 02:36 PM

asamvav111

I have finished the story. And I hated it. I have read most of your writings here Grim. I know it's your genre. But, I unfortunately don't thrive on pain. I had heard so much about this story from everyone that, I specifically kept this away until I have the time to read it. I am sure this was a good screenplay. Reminded me a bit of Ghost, too. But, it was a mistake on my end to start reading. I don't blame you. You are a very good writer. But, to use nuclear energy just to build...

Today, 03:27 PM

asamvav111

But, to use nuclear energy just to build bombs... Reality is harsh and your writing shows it was harsh for you too. Yet filling the world with more suffering can not be the only solution. May be your pen will see the balance someday. God bless. Posted Image

Today, 03:30 PM

MJ85

I don't expect every story to be a happy one...but one big reason I shy away from the dark and unhappy ones is, it's almost a given that they're going to hurt. Way. Too. Damned. Much. :'(

Today, 04:11 PM

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

People never stop amazing me. How dare someone shred a wonderful story because it actually lived up to what it promised?

KC told us that it would be an emotional rollercoaster. It was hard hitting and dark and emotional and the readers came flocking back because of his eloquent words that crafted a fabulous story. He constructed a story that had people wowed. It was shocking but so is freaking life. It’s hard. It’s painful. Sometimes the good guy dies! He never promised us that he wouldn’t so why be surprised when it happens?

Really, you’re a sniveling wreck curled on the floor crying over a story and you are still going to say it wasn;t an amazing piece of work? Some of the most powerful stories have made us cry: My Sister’s Keeper, Marley & Me, The Diary of Ann Frank, or The Lovely Bones.( to name a few)

I hope you have fun reading happy happy sunshine and ponies stories for the rest of your life and leave the rest of us with the real literature since you can’t handle it.

Rosie

Edited by Rosie Posie
  • Like 2