Favorite Video Game Series

What is your favorite video game series/franchise? There are plenty out there now-a-days as developers continue to compete, so tell us!

Mine looks something like this:

• Uncharted
  • Assassin's Creed
  • Resident Evil
  • Silent Hill
  • Final Fantasy
  • The Sims
  • SimCity

Metal Gear Solid.

Awesome story. Amazing Characters. Great gameplay. Perfect score. (Like, musical score, not 10/10 score) Even with all the retconning Kojima does it's still the best game series ever IMO. I can't fanboy enough about it, lol.

LIQUID!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Hmmm,

90's

Pokemon (Red, blue, and yellow, can't believe no one mentioned Pikachu)

Super Mario

Sonic the Hedgehog 1/2/3D + Knuckles

Close Combat (PC game)

Command and Conquer

Civilizations 3 + Sid Meier Alpha Centauri + Alien Crossfire (love this franchise, he should make a sequel. I consider this a separate series from the Civ franchise)

Masters of Orion

Total War

Sim city

00's

Grand Theft Auto

Saints Row

Medal of Honor

Modern Warfare

Uncharted

Assassins Creed

Battlefield

Supreme Commander

Sins of a Solar Empire

Any other Gaymers

Plus the game that revolutionized 3D gaming as we know it:

Homeworld (I've got the soundtrack for a long time now. It is perhaps the best musical score for any video game in my memories)

• 2 weeks later...

You can collect them all! There are just a few event-onlies that haven't yet been released.

My favorite series in no particular order:

Suikoden

Fire Emblem

Atelier

Final Fantasy

Tales of

Harvest Moon

Pokemon

Persona

Legend of Zelda

I think that covers it. Yeah, I'm a sucker for RPGs.

• Like 1

Yeah, but using cheat codes is so wrong, except on emulators (I have a level 99 Mew and Celebi waiting for you Posted Image )

Oh and I forgot one from my earliest memories of video game series:

Where in the world is Carmen Sandiego?

Come on tell me no one else played this as a kid in the 90's (or 80's as I think it came out on the old macs first).

• Love 1

Resident Evil

Tekken

Tomb Raider

Final Fantasy (Stopped at 13... after 10 I got tired of the changes)

Silent Hill (Stopped after 4:The Room)

Kingdom Hearts

I played the first 5 since I was a little kid (About 7 years old) and I still buy them the first moment they come out. I have stopped on video games for the most part, but those first two just seem like a part of my childhood I'll never turn away from.

Hmm... Mine would be...

(First is my fav and the last is my least fav in that order)

-Suikoden

-Tales series

-Final Fantasy

-Wild Arms

-Digimon

-Kingdom hearts

-Pokemon

I think that's about it? Someone tell me if I'm mising anything.

I"m crazy about magic. Combine a magical thingy with some good storyline and a good solid character, and I'm all for it.

Oh, and the main char SHOULD be male. I played and watched FF XII the second part with Yuna as the main char and it feels weird. Lol.

I think that's about it? Someone tell me if I'm mising anything.

I"m crazy about magic. Combine a magical thingy with some good storyline and a good solid character, and I'm all for it.

Oh, and the main char SHOULD be male. I played and watched FF XII the second part with Yuna as the main char and it feels weird. Lol.

Persona 3 or 4?

They're kind of long and a different style of RPG. Think of the sims mixed with Final Fantasy. The story lines are amazing and your connection with the side characters you meet and build relationships with grows along with the main characters. I nearly cried on the 3rd game every time I became best friends with someone... and when the game ended, I think I actually did cry. xD

Ow yeah ! Persona series. I couldn't believe I forgot about it. Hmm yeah yeah, Persona should be a third on my list I believe... Thanks for the reminder!. Though I've never play/read/watch the first and second persona, the third and the fourth really got me hooked. Posted Image

Edited by AnimalMorph

Suikoden

Fire Emblem

Final Fantasy

Legend of Legaia

Persona

Wild Arms

Sucker for RPGs as well. I think I've played all the Suikoden games (1-5 + tactics) at least twice. For Fire Emblem, I know I've played Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn at least four times. Would have put Xenogears on the list as well if they actually made a series out of the original instead of the whole Xenosaga thing. I did buy Xenoblade though so maybe I'll like it again.

• Like 2

Metal Gear Solid.

Awesome story. Amazing Characters. Great gameplay. Perfect score. (Like, musical score, not 10/10 score) Even with all the retconning Kojima does it's still the best game series ever IMO. I can't fanboy enough about it, lol.

LIQUID!!!!!

I don't know how I completely missed that one. It took me a few years to actually get any interest and I started with Snake Eater (I KNOW! So backwards... but it kinda worked out!) and I loved it! I've played them all except 1 for some reason but I can still pretty much follow everything. It's such an intense game with an amazing story line. Plus, it's HILARIOUS.

Okay, here we go.

• Quake (2&3+Live)
  • Half life 1&2 + episodes
  • The Elder Scrolls (Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim)
  • Grand theft auto (1-4)
  • Bioshock 1&2
  • Prototype
  • S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
  • Assasins Creed

Among many other's. If we go back in time I would say:

• Police Quest
  • Space Quest
  • Ring world (incl Return to Ring world)
One can not forget these excellent titles from the hayday of Sierra. The best adventure based company. May she rest in peace. Gotta love it!

I don't know how I completely missed that one. It took me a few years to actually get any interest and I started with Snake Eater (I KNOW! So backwards... but it kinda worked out!) and I loved it! I've played them all except 1 for some reason but I can still pretty much follow everything. It's such an intense game with an amazing story line. Plus, it's HILARIOUS.

Ahhh you're missing the best one! lol. Seriously if you have a GameCube or a Wii you need to pick up a copy of Twin Snakes (the better version of 1) If you like MGS at all you'll freaking LOVE it.