Favorite Video Game Series

Ahhh you're missing the best one! lol. Seriously if you have a GameCube or a Wii you need to pick up a copy of Twin Snakes (the better version of 1) If you like MGS at all you'll freaking LOVE it.

The PS1 version is no good? I have a GameCube but the games on it are sooo hard to find these days! I see the original game on the PSstore though! I guess the search would be better, no?

The PS1 version is no good? I have a GameCube but the games on it are sooo hard to find these days! I see the original game on the PSstore though! I guess the search would be better, no?

It's not that it's not good, the GC version is just way better. Better cutscenes, better voice acting (they rerecorded every line of dialogue) and the gameplay is way better since it plays exactly like 2. If you can only get the PS1 version though it's still a good game.

My favorite video games series? easy peasy!

The Elder Srolls (not every games lets you be as free as the ones of this series)

The Sims (Yes, sometimes I like to play God and Architect)

Dragon Age

Mass Effect

Let me see... Oh, and good old Assassin's Creed. I guess I have a thing for RPG's. Well, can't blame me to want to live another live in another world were I am the mighty hero... :)

Elderscrolls

Dragon Age

The Sim City Games (I've never played The Sims :o however on Jame's note, I like From the Dust for the Ego Trip of being God may have to look into that... Posted Image One reason I like the Construction set on Elderscrolls is I can build stuff... ^_^ I can spend hours just doing that... maybe i should look into a cad program...

Phantasy Star Series...

The Old Red something or other strategy games.

I actually Own most of the Final Fantasy Series and the Tales Series but don't play them that much...

• Like 1

ooh this is a hard one!

In no particular order:

Baldurs Gate

Neverwinter Nights

Mass Effect

Dragon Age

Diablo

Assassins Creed

Warcraft (DoTa 4life!)

Counterstrike, it's technically a series even though I never played CS:S. ^^

Edited by Sympathia

I like classics and modern games, in parenthesis are games that I've played and enjoyed from the following series:

• Mario (3, World, New Super Mario Bros DS/Wii, Super Mario 64 DS)
  • Sonic the Hedgehog (1/2/3&K, CD on XBLA, Adventure, Heroes, Unleashed daytime and Generations - most of the mothership titles, really)
  • Tomb Raider (The first five and their expansion packs, I have AoD and it went downhill from there, in my opinion)
  • Halo (3, ODST & Reach)
  • Tales of.. (Symphonia, Abyss)
  • Super Smash Brothers (All of them)
To be honest, I'm not of fan of that many series because gameplay is essential to me and I'm really picky when it comes to that. When I do find a series in which I find the gameplay to be fun, I tend to stick to it. Take Sonic the Hedgehog for example, I've played just about all the mothership titles except Colours, to be honest. Edited by XBadboyX

sadly I can't really stand Tomb Raider... my dad would play that get drunk and stuck and have me help him jump walls... o.O.... *starts laughing* one time i was on my old XP in the other room and he blew her up.... trying to get up a jumping thing... and i thought he did something to my tv or something... when i heard it... then he did it again and i was like... what the... and started laughing O.O

Tomb Raider was pretty much hit or extreme miss. I played the first 3 with my dad and brother, but my dad hated her jumping. He prefered things like Resident Evil where you just walk. I tried everything after Revelations and they all sucked. Then came Legends which was EXTREMELY good as well as the remake Anniversary. My only problem was that they made her soft in personality... but it made her human. Then Underworld sucked. Now the reboot that I'm really looking forward to.

Alot of the old stuff:

- Zelda

- Super Mario

- Mariokart

- Civilisation

- WOW

- Wing Commander

- Nintendo RPGs like Terramigma & Secret of Mana

- Harvestmoon

- Age of Empirer

- Diablo

- Dungeonkeeper

- Final Fantasy

-Tekken

- Master of Orion

- Simcity

• 3 weeks later...

sigh i only saw one person say SSB, super smash brothers. i've gotta tell you guys its epic beyond proportion, its in a league of its

own

Pokemon of course, i've been playing it since the chunk gray game boy times, and i will continue to do so on my 3DS. and you can catch them all with chaeting by the way, you just have to be patient.

marioKart, and if you can't tell by now yes i'm a nintendo fanboy.

Zelda, every single one of them, one of the greatest stories every told in my opinion, secodn only to Metroid Prime, oh Samsus, how i love you so.

marvel vs snk

marvel vs capcom

X-men Legends

Mortal Kombat vs DC universe

Street fighter

Soul Caliber

Mortal Kombat trilogy and deception

Mario 64, and basically any mario game that hit the shelf

Starcraft!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Favorite? There's a lot of cool games out there but here is my top list:

Kingdom Hearts

Tekken

Resident Evil

Final Fantasy

Metal Gear Solid

Devil May Cry

Well, I like most RPGs that has out of this world storylines. I always want plot and twist over actions. The suspense of finding out such things that are to be revealed is enough to be ecstatic.

• Like 1

Only mentioning games that are part of a series and not just amazing one offs:

• Sonic 1-3, Sonic and Knuckles on the Mega Drive/Genesis
  • Resident Evil
  • Mario Kart
  • Kyle Hyde Series (Hotel Dusk and Last Window)
  • Phoenix Wright/Apollo Justice
  • Mass Effect
  • Gears of War
  • Super Monkey Ball (1 and 2, before it got crap)
  • Zelda on DS (Phantom Hourglass/Spirit Tracks)
There's probably more. All over the spectrum genre wise.
Guest Awimgreat

Final Fantasy - specifically Tactics, because I've been playing it forever and it's the only game I feel like I know completely.

Elder Scrolls - I did it backwards, started at Skyrim and I'm working my way down. Skyrim is still my favorite though, mostly 'cause I'm a fan of the leveling system.

Tomb Raider - First games I played, it'll always be special

.hack// - simulated mmorpg ftw :D

Pokemon - Because. Just because.

Kingdom Hearts, Mirror's Edge, Dragon Age and SSX Tricky are all also great in my book... but I'm an RPG junkie at heart. And also apparently a huge dork, as this is my first post. Go me!

• Site Administrator
  • Baldurs Gate/Neverwinter Nights/Icewind Dales
  • Mass Effect
  • Dragon Age
  • Assassins Creed
  • Age of Empires
  • Sim City
  • The Sims
  • Halo
  • Fable
  • Lego Whatever games are addicting and funny
  • Rock Band/Guitar Hero

Hmmm this is difficult considering some of my favorite of all time games are not in a series, but here it goes.

• Final Fantasy (Final Fantasy tactics being my favorite)
  • Assassins Creed (Love the freedom of exploring)
  • Onimusha (Who doesn't like demons, samurai, and action)

Hmmm this is difficult considering some of my favorite of all time games are not in a series, but here it goes.

• Final Fantasy (Final Fantasy tactics being my favorite)
  • Assassins Creed (Love the freedom of exploring)
  • Onimusha (Who doesn't like demons, samurai, and action)
  • 4 months later...

Seems like we're all RPG junkies here. :P

From earliest childhood these are the video game series I've played and still buy every game they release of:

- Civilization

- Baldur's Gate (iOS new release :D)

- Final Fantasy

- Suikoden

- Fire Emblem

- Pokemon

- Ace Attorney

- Professor Layton

- Mass Effect

- Dragon Age

• 3 weeks later...