Favorite Video Game Series

Total War: all usable on a modern computer (but no mods)

Elder Scrolls: Oblivion and Skyrim (haven't played the others)

Halo

borderlands 1&2

AC: all those available for xbox

... basically, games with extremely high replayability

Apparently, vanilla total war is becoming my obsession right now. I love playing the swedes. 

• 3 weeks later...

Homeworld (+ Cataclysm and Homeworld II but Homeworld was the best. It was otherwise dubbed as 'homoworld' in my house).

SimCity (keeps getting better and now being used in classrooms and public engagement)

If you love Homeworld then you will be thrilled to known that they are coming out with HD version of both games and later on Homeworld 3 will be release. :*)

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

... I hate the swedes, they are always in the way of my world domination :devil:  :joe:  :devil:

Haha! Their cavalry are the best though. Their fun to play since they experience an economic depression at around 1730 to1750 if you're on the long campaign and around 1710 to 1715 to the short campaign. It's similar to what happened in history, which is ironically speaking rather too familiar, because their army kinda sucked against the powerful russian at the time, and yet in-game, I dominated russia by 1720. 

And plus they have the best looking army. *giggles* Physically speaking and outfit-wise (well not really, since prussia has the best uniform). Also, they're the best brood to inspire me to steamroll every country and dominate every nation under my whim. And after that, I'd declare a no-pants day all over Europe to commemorate the festivity that I'm now Emperor of the World and everyone bows down and kneels to me. 

Kneeling in front of me is a requisite if I might add . . . I am the emperor after all.

I have become the emperor of the world as Russia, Prussia, UP, and the Martha Confedaration. I have also ruled Europe as England. I've become emperor of the old world as Rome, Greek city states, and Gaul. I became the Shogun of Japan by ridding it of other clans as the Shimazu, Hojo, Date, and Mori clans. I am also in the process of taking it over Europe again as rome and brittania in rome 2.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Hmmmmmm.... definitely have to think about this one:

Legend of Zelda (Link to the past was the first video game I ever beat by myself as a kid)

Pokémon (been playing X nonstop since I got it. definitely addicted to wonder trading)

Mario

League of Legends

Mortal Combat

Arkham Asylum

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Jeez, too many 

*Tomb Raider series

*Sonic series

*Mario series

*Final Fantasy series

*Kingdom Hearts series

*Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross

*Xenogears

* Pokemon series

*Tetris 

*Pacman

*Tekken series

*Spyro series

*Little Big Planet series

*Katamari series

I know there's more, but those are the ones off the top of  my head that I can pick up and play to this day and still enjoy them.

• 2 months later...

I'd have to say that my favorite series would have to be:

Mass Effect

Dragon's Age

Assassin's Creed

Borderlands

Silent Hill

BioShock

F.E.A.R.

Far Cry

I'm sure there are others but these are the ones that come to mind immediately without having to really think on it.

• Like 1

I was surprised when the "Souls" series was never mentioned. It's at the top for me.

1. Souls (Demon's Souls, Dark Souls, Dark Souls 2, and soon to be Bloodborne)
2. Baldur's Gate
3. Daiblo (1 and 2 only)

4. Starcraft

5. Warcraft (anything before WOW)

• Like 1

I don't play much anymore. Too busy. A lot of stuff I played was last Decade. :P

1. Star Wars (especially KOTOR and TOR)
  2. Doom
  3. Heretic
  4. Quake
  5. WoW
  6. Second Life
  • Like 1

Oh big fan of video games and aint posted any here :o ... OMG right here we go :3

• Continent of the Ninth Seal ( played this game for 3 years awesome but it became way to lagy / botty / and pay to win >Online RPG<)
  • Metin 2 ( my childhood game .. played for 6 years or more ? ... got bored and sick of it )
  • Devil May Cry ( all series , no comment >awesome< )
  • Metal Gear : Rising Revenge ( good game short story line tho i wanted more from this game but still awesome )
  • SNiper Ghost ( 1/2 good story line and nice gameplay )
  • Vindictus ( for a game that is dying , still enjoyable and good people still playing > i am playing this < )
  • Counter Strike ( 1.6 Multiplayer / Condition Zero SinglePlayer )
  • Ninja Blade
  • Battlefield
  • Dark Orbit ( Browser Game )
  • Aion
  • Tera

And this would be all ... i guess haha

So many games to choose from....

I'd say my favorites are:

Heroes of Might and Magic

Sims/simcity

Sonic the hedgehog

Age of Mythology

Legend of Zelda

The elder scrolls 

So many more but I'll keep it to that for now :P

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...

I'm a sucker for games with a really gripping story. Something that makes me think about it for days, months, sometimes YEARS after my first play-through. For me, that means:

• The Bioshock franchise
  • The Fallout franchise
  • Mass Effect 

Seriously, those games have excellent narratives, and deal with some pretty challenging stuff sometimes (Bioshock especially). 

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

My faves are:

Suikoden

Wild Arms

Kingdom Hearts

Pokémon

Metal Gear

Saints Row

Legend of Zelda

The Binding of Isaac

The Lego Video game series

Super Mario

Five Nights at Freddy's

Metroid

Final Fantasy

Spyro the Dragon

Crash Bandicoot

Twisted Metal

Megaman 

Edited by Wesley8890
  • 3 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I feel old re-reading my list from 2012 on the 1st page of this thread. I've been on this site for a decade :)

Pokemon still seems to be the common denominator for a lot of us.

Dorkly had a really interesting/funny video on differences between Pokemon gamers and generations: