Open Club  ·  74 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Circumnavigation (99+23) Thrown to the Sharks

Thrown to the Sharks is up. Posted Image

There's a link at the top of the chapter to an interactive map of Geraldton, in case anyone wants to follow the action.

There's also a link at the bottom of the chapter to the Atlantis page, which is a handy resource for Kookaburra's layout as well; they are basically identical in layout.

My sincere thanks to all those who acknowledged that there were no cliffhangers in Wheels within Wheels. After all, one head-hunting hit man does not a cliffhanger make. Posted Image

Try looking at the bright side; Trevor was, as we last saw, taking Kookaburra far out to sea. Being far out at sea can be lonely, but now Trevor and Shane have company aboard, Basingstoke, so getting lonely is no longer a worry. Posted Image

The latest chapter in fact has no cliffies. We still don't know what happens to Bridget and her sidekick Billie or whether Rachel fully recovers from her emergency surgery, but the chapter ended at a logical point and it was posted timely.

Long-term I'd like to see Sanchez and his cronies make a slip and end up as shark bait as wellPosted Image

So some Kudos to one of my favorite (and sometimes very frustrating) authors!Posted Image

Posted Image Give it up guys, it is a ploy the goat uses here and then to irk his readers and inflate his ego! When I agreed with another here that the author left not one cliffhanger I did not mean it was free, rather then there were more then one cliffhangers involved. Suck on that Goat! Posted Image

At last - one of the bad guys gets a bit of what's due him! When Trev appeared to be going into flashback mode I was afraid then that he would freeze...thankfully he didn't and let all of his anger and frustration over what he's gone through, channel into quick thinking and subtle action. All of which enabled them to get their man.

I have to admit the bloodthirsty side of me was wanting the sharks to get B'stoke just as he was about to get back into K'burra...

Oh well...

Tanks CJ and team!

I can only hope what happened to Trevor with the bomb and the pirates, etc is only a taste of what is in store for Bridget. She made sure someone wouldn't snatch her baldheaded. Great chapter to a great story.

Hey! Finally, finally, finally something is going the right way.

While I still have grave misgivings that Basingstoke will stay subdued and hog tied; he is at least seriously hurt. And Trevor and Shane have no qualms about heaving him over the side----again.

I worry about the rental boat possibly trailing the Kookaburra. Because tKookaburra's lights, transponder and probably radar are off, Trevor is not aware of other boats in the area.

Bridgit looks a fright at this point. If she were dead, she'd look a bit better. It's about time for Billy to get smart, realize he's totally expendable, and just leave Bridget to find her own way.

Thank goodness, CJ didn't cut to the Caribbean island activities in the middle of the cockpit fight and leave the readers scrabbling to hold on at the edge of another cliff. Thanks for that small mercy.

I'm unclear what forces are being marshaled to aid Trevor and Shane. There is the stakeout at the hired plane and police are near Rachel at the hospital. Now there will be a stakeout at the purported rendezvous of Bridget and Basingstoke two days hence. There is a cutter from the naval base an hour or so out from the boat. There is a military aircraft in the air somewhere near Geraldton. Some policemen are actively searching for Bridgit and Billy. And Ned is getting Atlantis launched for possibly a long sea voyage. They all might be converging but the image isn't clear in my mind.

CJ, thanks for a super story and the pain of holding on week to week.

• Like 1
Posted Image .............Great chapter, I knew those shark sticks would come in handy! Mr. B underestimated an angry Trevor, and Trevor knew exactly what buttons to push in getting the confession. So glad he had the hindsight to record it, that is the end of Mr. B. one way or the other he is gone. Sanchez failed again, this time by being greedy wanting Trevor's head has cost him the kill he needed, Sanchez is finished once word gets out of the assassination attempt on Trevor failed, the bombings are world wide news, and the cartel is watching. Bridget is still holding her trump card against Sanchez, she has just about used all her 'nine lives' and still needs the Kookaburra. I can see this wrapping up in 3-5 chapters Posted Image

I can only hope what happened to Trevor with the bomb and the pirates, etc is only a taste of what is in store for Bridget. She made sure someone wouldn't snatch her baldheaded. Great chapter to a great story.

She still has one stick of dynamite? I lost count. If she does, she should sit on it. Posted Image

Great chapter!

Gawd...I don't know...that guy's a survivor. If he gets into the hands of the authorities he'll figure some way to escape, I'm sure. I'm not accusing a certain author of crafting a cliff hanger because I know he would never do that, but I have read his other stories and I know he has a devious mind! Posted Image I'd rather Trevor threw him overboard and be done with him!

This was a great chapter as usual, and I am getting rather saddened by the fact it's almost ending. I hope CJ has another project in the works to keep us happy. A sequel to this one would be nice, providing he lets everyone (our heros, especially) live...Posted Image

Gawd...I don't know...that guy's a survivor. If he gets into the hands of the authorities he'll figure some way to escape, I'm sure. I'm not accusing a certain author of crafting a cliff hanger because I know he would never do that, but I have read his other stories and I know he has a devious mind! Posted Image I'd rather Trevor threw him overboard and be done with him!

This was a great chapter as usual, and I am getting rather saddened by the fact it's almost ending. I hope CJ has another project in the works to keep us happy. A sequel to this one would be nice, providing he lets everyone (our heros, especially) live...Posted Image

Posted Image .........Nope Mr. B. is done for, even if he escapes the authorities, his taped confession is his death warrant. Nope, no sequel on this one yet, but there is another story in the works that deals with an 'evil little character named Eric' Posted Image From 'For The Love' I do believe!

Edited by Benji
  • Site Administrator

Posted Image .........Nope Mr. B. is done for, even if he escapes the authorities, his taped confession is his death warrant. Nope, no sequel on this one yet, but there is another story in the works that deals with an 'evil little character named Eric' Posted Image From 'For The Love' I do believe!

Benji, Benji, Benji, Benji.....

Why must you malign the characters named Eric in CJ's stories. They have ALL been unsung heroes. You must put aside your hurt and anger and realize that the first Eric was a saint in disguise. :D

Now onto this chapter. ;)

When Trevor finished his phone call with his Uncle, I was left, um, verklempt would be the word ;)

It was indeed the first time since Trevor walked into a tree on his first visit to Carnavon that I actually felt all was good in Trevor's world.

Now if I was to look at CJ's history, here is my predictions. Yes, Sanchez is done. Mr. B is also done. The thing is that what will be even more to Sanchez's finale will be Bridgett telling the other Cartel members from a first person account how Sanchez had totally screwed up, again. I do believe that CJ needs to have one villain remain for the outside possibility of a sequel. As an other, isn't it better to have just a smidgen of doubt left over at the end of a story to make their reader's wonder, what if?

The other thing I will mention, did anyone notice the lack of Grundig again in this chapter :unsure: ?

At least I will sleep well for a seven nights as I await the next chapter :)

Thanks CJ

• Like 1

Grundig???? You mean he's a secret mobster killer monster??? Maybe he's just a nice quiet guy doing his job...Posted Image That might lead us into a cliff hanger and we all know that CJ so doesn't use them!

Grundig???? You mean he's a secret mobster killer monster??? Maybe he's just a nice quiet guy doing his job...Posted Image That might lead us into a cliff hanger and we all know that CJ so doesn't use them!

Posted Image ..............The goat has been known to throw in a monkey wrench or two!

Why must you malign the characters named Eric in CJ's stories. They have ALL been unsung heroes. You must put aside your hurt and anger and realize that the first Eric was a saint in disguise. Posted Image

Now onto this chapter. Posted Image

When Trevor finished his phone call with his Uncle, I was left, um, verklempt would be the word Posted Image

It was indeed the first time since Trevor walked into a tree on his first visit to Carnavon that I actually felt all was good in Trevor's world.

Now if I was to look at CJ's history, here is my predictions. Yes, Sanchez is done. Mr. B is also done. The thing is that what will be even more to Sanchez's finale will be Bridgett telling the other Cartel members from a first person account how Sanchez had totally screwed up, again. I do believe that CJ needs to have one villain remain for the outside possibility of a sequel. As an other, isn't it better to have just a smidgen of doubt left over at the end of a story to make their reader's wonder, what if?

The other thing I will mention, did anyone notice the lack of Grundig again in this chapter Posted Image ?

At least I will sleep well for a seven nights as I await the next chapter Posted Image

Thanks CJ

Posted Image ..........Steve, Steve, Steve, you know the goat loves to mix villain and hero in a name calling fest! And we all know of the 'evil little brother that Eric was' Posted Image I still want to strangle that little SOB %***@@*&&* Posted Image

Yep, I too see the demise of Mr. B and Sanchez, but if he leaves Bridget alive is another matter that would seem to think of a sequel in the future, IDK. depends on the ending I suppose. Grundig as a possible criminal? I think it is plausible given the goats inference that false information was being fed into the Customs department, plus Gundig's guess that Fowler and Trevor were related seemed odd, but not out of line. Still there is Julie to consider, she could very well be the cartels pacific connection.

Well it certainly looks like Mr B is all washed up... Posted Image but Bridget still has the recourse of "Gray", whose contact details she wrangled out of Mr BPosted Image

I noticed that Mr B didn't mention having to contact Bridget re: their meeting in Onslow. So Greg etc may be on a wild goose chase if he's headed there.

My thoughts are that with the boys headed into Perth that Bridget may head there as well with thoughts of fleeing the country. She may get a nasty surprise if Trevor recognises her at a common location... Say the airport.... maybe... LOL

Great chapter again CJ. Like so many others I will miss this story terribly when it's finished

The latest chapter in fact has no cliffies. We still don't know what happens to Bridget and her sidekick Billie or whether Rachel fully recovers from her emergency surgery, but the chapter ended at a logical point and it was posted timely.

Long-term I'd like to see Sanchez and his cronies make a slip and end up as shark bait as well

So some Kudos to one of my favorite (and sometimes very frustrating) authors!Posted Image

Who, me, frustrating? Well yeah, honesty compels me to admit, I can be. :)

Give it up guys, it is a ploy the goat uses here and then to irk his readers and inflate his ego! When I agreed with another here that the author left not one cliffhanger I did not mean it was free, rather then there were more then one cliffhangers involved. Suck on that Goat! Posted Image

Benji!!! Not you too!!! I'm shocked!!!

At last - one of the bad guys gets a bit of what's due him! When Trev appeared to be going into flashback mode I was afraid then that he would freeze...thankfully he didn't and let all of his anger and frustration over what he's gone through, channel into quick thinking and subtle action. All of which enabled them to get their man.

I have to admit the bloodthirsty side of me was wanting the sharks to get B'stoke just as he was about to get back into K'burra...

Oh well...

Tanks CJ and team!

Using the boom to distract Basingstoke was good thinking, and even so, it was a near run thing.

And yep, had a shark gone for Bassingstoke at any point, there wouldn't have been much Trevor could do, even if he was inclined to try.

Bridget is very good at tactics, and also adapting. But, she's in one hell of a fix right now. :)

Hey! Finally, finally, finally something is going the right way.

While I still have grave misgivings that Basingstoke will stay subdued and hog tied; he is at least seriously hurt. And Trevor and Shane have no qualms about heaving him over the side----again.

I worry about the rental boat possibly trailing the Kookaburra. Because tKookaburra's lights, transponder and probably radar are off, Trevor is not aware of other boats in the area.

Bridgit looks a fright at this point. If she were dead, she'd look a bit better. It's about time for Billy to get smart, realize he's totally expendable, and just leave Bridget to find her own way.

Thank goodness, CJ didn't cut to the Caribbean island activities in the middle of the cockpit fight and leave the readers scrabbling to hold on at the edge of another cliff. Thanks for that small mercy.

I'm unclear what forces are being marshaled to aid Trevor and Shane. There is the stakeout at the hired plane and police are near Rachel at the hospital. Now there will be a stakeout at the purported rendezvous of Bridget and Basingstoke two days hence. There is a cutter from the naval base an hour or so out from the boat. There is a military aircraft in the air somewhere near Geraldton. Some policemen are actively searching for Bridgit and Billy. And Ned is getting Atlantis launched for possibly a long sea voyage. They all might be converging but the image isn't clear in my mind.

CJ, thanks for a super story and the pain of holding on week to week.

Given how stuck up Bridget is on appearances, doing what she's done must have hurt. :)

If Basingstoke gets loose, he's still injured and unarmed against two uninjured, armed guys, who are guarding him closely. I think either Trevor or Shane would happily toss him over the side if he tried. :)

Trevor and Shane heading out to sea was unplanned by the authorities, though it was the objective of the bombings in Geraldton. Ironically, it probably wouldn't have worked had Bridget not been spotted by the only person in Geraldton (except maybe Trevor) who could do so. Even Bridget was shocked that it worked.

The stakeout at the airport preculded bringing Trevor and Shane to shore to evacuate them by air. So, they will keep heading at high speed for Fleet Base West, which might have the means to aid them even before they get there. :)

The police ashore will be looking for Bridget and Billy, a lot of them. Bombing a police station makes this very much a major, major manhunt. Billy, however, is in a jam; he can't leave Bridget; he's wanted in Florida, so he's reliant on her. His new ID is through her, and he has no access to funds, so what could he do on his own? He took part in two muders in Florida, so if caught, he's done, and he's got to know that.

Posted Image .............Great chapter, I knew those shark sticks would come in handy! Mr. B underestimated an angry Trevor, and Trevor knew exactly what buttons to push in getting the confession. So glad he had the hindsight to record it, that is the end of Mr. B. one way or the other he is gone. Sanchez failed again, this time by being greedy wanting Trevor's head has cost him the kill he needed, Sanchez is finished once word gets out of the assassination attempt on Trevor failed, the bombings are world wide news, and the cartel is watching. Bridget is still holding her trump card against Sanchez, she has just about used all her 'nine lives' and still needs the Kookaburra. I can see this wrapping up in 3-5 chapters Posted Image

Trevor knew from bitter experiance what it's like to be left adrift, so yep, he knew just what buttons to push. :)

She still has one stick of dynamite? I lost count. If she does, she should sit on it. Posted Image

Great chapter!

Yes, she still has one stick and one remote trigger remainging. Or she did. It was supposed to be used to send Kookoburra to the bottom after she'd taken some rocks abaord. So, where would it be now? Bridget may still have it... Or Basingstoke did, though it's clearly not on him now. Either way, nothing to worry about. :)

Thank you!!! Thank you!!!!

I do have other projects in the works. The first will be a novel for premium, then a new one for the general site. Once Circumnavigation ends, I will however being going on a writing hiatus, I need a break. It's been grueling at times keeping to the weekly shedul, and I need to recharge for a while. I don't know for how long, but it'll be less than a month, and most likley a lot less. (Last time was less than two weeks of actual writing break; writing is a bit of a compulsion for me)

Why must you malign the characters named Eric in CJ's stories. They have ALL been unsung heroes. You must put aside your hurt and anger and realize that the first Eric was a saint in disguise. Posted Image

Now onto this chapter. Posted Image

When Trevor finished his phone call with his Uncle, I was left, um, verklempt would be the word Posted Image

The other thing I will mention, did anyone notice the lack of Grundig again in this chapter Posted Image ?

At least I will sleep well for a seven nights as I await the next chapter Posted Image

Thanks CJ

One other huge aspect of this, one that might not be apparent; Trevor had his high stress moment, and didn't go PTSD. This is good in itself, but also critical because now HE knows that too. :)

BTW, Benji is just teasing; we all know that FTL's Eric was one of his favorite charachters - poor Eric, he was just so... misunderstood.

Thank you!!!!! Thank you!!!!!

Absolutly; we can safely rule out anything that might lead to a cliffhanger.

Well it certainly looks like Mr B is all washed up... http://www.gayauthor...fault/smile.png but Bridget still has the recourse of "Gray", whose contact details she wrangled out of Mr Bhttps://www.gayauthors.org/forums//public/style_emoticons/default/evil.gif

I noticed that Mr B didn't mention having to contact Bridget re: their meeting in Onslow. So Greg etc may be on a wild goose chase if he's headed there.

My thoughts are that with the boys headed into Perth that Bridget may head there as well with thoughts of fleeing the country. She may get a nasty surprise if Trevor recognises her at a common location... Say the airport.... maybe... LOL

Great chapter again CJ. Like so many others I will miss this story terribly when it's finished

Basingstoke did mention that; he told Trevor everything Trevor thoguht to ask, and Trevor did ask about Bridget and the rondevous. I just didn't cover it in detal, because Basingstoke's confession was all stuff we readers already knew. :)

The title of the coming chapter is "Endgame". :)

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..