Major DC superhero to come out as gay, apparently.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/entertainment/2012/05/comics-cliffhanger-as-unnamed-dc-superhero-to-come-out-of-closet/

I'm pulling for Batman. His worst storylines are the ones where he gets in a relationship with a woman for no reason at all. Plus his personal life is secondary to his stories. If it's Superman every other issue's gonna be a safe sex PSA :P

http://abcnews.go.co...-out-of-closet/

I'm pulling for Batman. His worst storylines are the ones where he gets in a relationship with a woman for no reason at all. Plus his personal life is secondary to his stories. If it's Superman every other issue's gonna be a safe sex PSA Posted Image

Gotta be. Batman and Robin was my homoerotic fantasy as a kid. And nipples on his costume?! Why didn't they go the extra mile and stick BatRings through 'em?

• Like 2

I doubt it's gonna be someone that "major" and the chances of them making Batman or Superman gay is as likely as Captain America being reintroduced as a communist. Besides, the Dark Knight and superman movies are still in production, it just wouldn't make any sense. The comics and characters are still a huge business. I just have a hard time believing they're gonna tarnish it's reputation and market by making someone significant gay. Even I would be pissed off if that happened.

And they said "won't be ambiguously gay anymore" meaning it's someone who's always been questionable, not just fantasized to be gay.

I'm pulling for Batman. His worst storylines are the ones where he gets in a relationship with a woman for no reason at all.

Getting into a relationship for no reason at all...hmmm...is it any wonder why such a relationship would make for a bad storyline? :P

Getting into a relationship for no reason at all...hmmm...is it any wonder why such a relationship would make for a bad storyline? Posted Image

Not at all, yet they keep doing it. Even the Catwoman one that was hinted at and built up for years was pretty bad when they actually did it.

I doubt it's gonna be someone that "major" and the chances of them making Batman or Superman gay is as likely as Captain America being reintroduced as a communist. Besides, the Dark Knight and superman movies are still in production, it just wouldn't make any sense. The comics and characters are still a huge business. I just have a hard time believing they're gonna tarnish it's reputation and market by making someone significant gay. Even I would be pissed off if that happened.

And they said "won't be ambiguously gay anymore" meaning it's someone who's always been questionable, not just fantasized to be gay.

Aww c'mon Y_B don't be a spoilsport. And besides, what's not questionable about a single guy in a tight-fitting rubber suit hanging out all the time with a young male companion? Posted Image

One of them has a six pack!!

But are u sure Robin make a nice threesome?

Oh please...... THINK people..... Older white guy..... younger Asian guy.... it is obviously the Green Horney.

Hmm, let me draw up some chances outside the big three: Superman too Kansas farm boy to be gay (He's married to Lois lane in the comic books already), Batman too dark avenger to be gay (Love Batman by the way, but I have always pictured him as too troubled to ever form a relationship type), and Wonder Woman is not a lesbian (though the island full of women, innate dislike of men, and the macho girl attitude does make me wonder if she ever experimented with her Amazon sisters on the island).

Outside the big 3:

Flash- I am not an avid follower of his comic series, just browse it from time to time. He's hyperactive, but lovable. Flash is best described as the nicest superhero that you can team up, but he's annoying and sort of snarky, especially Wally West and Bart Allen. However all the incarnations of flash, including kid flash as his young counterpart, are usually ladies men. Besides, who wants to be Flash's lover as he'd be done with you so fast, you won't even enjoy the sex.

Green Lantern- Now you might be thinking, which one. I don't know Kyle Raynor would be nice, Hal Jordan is too old for my taste. John Stewart is too wooden and I never really looked into Guy Gardner as he isn't classic enough to be DC historic or young enough to be interesting to me.

Martian Manhunter- I can see why he might be gay, but Martians don't count. I would say any shapeshifter is already bisexual, just like Mystique from Marvel.

Aquaman- Nope, he's married to mera and has a kid. Though Arthur is a gay name

Green Arrow- Nope, he's too involved with Black Canary, not to mention his political views (Don't go there, it will make Tim's head explode)

Hawkman- He's got Hawkgirl and I am not sure if Thanagarians count

Any other superheroes? I don't really care about the teen titans as much, but I'd say Superboy, or Connor, is possible and might have a thing with Tim Drake, former Robin. In the comic books, the two of them seem close and I sort of always wondered if they could ever have had something, but that's slash fiction material.

With all that said and everyone knows how much of a comic book geek I can be, Will the gay DC superhero please stand up?

• Like 1

i'm kinda routing for Flash.

the article does give some specifics like, the character being someone not seen in the new relaunch as yet, and the character being male.. pretty generally in the larger scheme of things. i wouldn't mind seeing Conor as the new Gay character either, but i'll be happy with almost any major character they give us.. its about time

I doubt it's Batman since, well, he has a son and all. Plus, having Batwoman AND Batman would be a bit weird. Could you imagine the negative response Batman would get for being gay and having Dick Grayson, a 10 year old, running around in just underwear? That's like asking for a media backlash.

I would imagine it be Wonder Woman, but I don't know how the lesbian thing works to be honest. Taking it out of the LGBT being all the same context, Lesbians tend to have a more postive or unnoticeable reaction when presented in media as gay men tend to. Batwoman being a lesbian is like... "Oh, really? Okay. Cool." I personally was shocked, but everyone else I knew just brushed it off. I'm thinking they're going to go for a guy.

Flash and Green Lantern stick out the most to me. I don't really know much about them but something just makes me feel it could be either of the two. I REALLY hope it's Robin though. Which ever one is in the Teen Titans. I think it's Tim Drake? I find him and Super Boy's relationship so adorable. :3

I doubt it's Batman since, well, he has a son and all. Plus, having Batwoman AND Batman would be a bit weird. Could you imagine the negative response Batman would get for being gay and having Dick Grayson, a 10 year old, running around in just underwear? That's like asking for a media backlash.

I would imagine it be Wonder Woman, but I don't know how the lesbian thing works to be honest. Taking it out of the LGBT being all the same context, Lesbians tend to have a more postive or unnoticeable reaction when presented in media as gay men tend to. Batwoman being a lesbian is like... "Oh, really? Okay. Cool." I personally was shocked, but everyone else I knew just brushed it off. I'm thinking they're going to go for a guy.

Flash and Green Lantern stick out the most to me. I don't really know much about them but something just makes me feel it could be either of the two. I REALLY hope it's Robin though. Which ever one is in the Teen Titans. I think it's Tim Drake? I find him and Super Boy's relationship so adorable. :3

So glad I am not alone hoping Tim Drake and Connor becomes a couple.

Connor Kent though would be interesting as a gay character, imagine your a hybrid between the world's greatest superhero (to some anyway, I thought Superman is way too powerful) and Lex Luthor, arguably one of the world's worst villain. Connor is supposed to share both the traits of Superman and Lex's intellect. (The fact that he has two dads make this so sweet and simple)

Now if he were stuck in Kansas having to hide his secret identity as both a gay kid and superboy, with the added issues of his parentage, I can write volumes on it alone. Add in the angst and skill of Tim Drake, one of the best Robins ever (Dick Grayson is better as nightwing and Damien Wayne is much more sinister. Jason Todd is just too crazy.).

I wonder if DC will address gay issues in middle America through him? I love the possibilities.

mmm .. Burt Ward and Chris ODonnell running around in huggies pull-ups???

many here would like to see that!!

Dick Grayson, a 10 year old, running around in just underwear? That's like asking for a media backlash.

hey base on the theme title .. i can't query about MR FREEZE?

Plastic Man!! lol change him to synthetic man

Shazam

Green Arrow

Watchman

Swamp Thing

Cyborg lol replace with Steve Austin n Jamie Summers

Aqua Man ( the speedos)

Wednesday is new arrivals day in comic book stores, and in the batch of storylines that arrived this morning was the news that Marvel's openly gay superhero Northstar has proposed to his longtime partner, Kyle Jinadu.

In the issue number 50 of Astonishing X-Men, Northstar gets down on one knee in his civilian identity, Jean-Paul Beaubier, to hold up a ring to his surprised beau.

"I'm asking you to marry me," he says.

http://www.guardian....o?newsfeed=true

So now Marvel and DC are challenging each other? Interesting.

So glad I am not alone hoping Tim Drake and Connor becomes a couple.

Heck no you aren't! I LOVE them together! I always liked Robin but never really saw him as gay or anything until I saw him and Superboy together. They make the most adorable pair of anybody in either of the comic series. :P

Apparently, the biggest clue to finding out is to see who hasn't had a comic revival yet. It's been stated that Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Batman and all the others who have their comics already revived aren't the one's to go for if you want to figure it out on your own.

mmm is that a reference to the New Teen Titans

Spidy ... Robin .. Superboy ..

all going thru their teenage growing pains while fighting Teen Villians?

Heck no you aren't! I LOVE them together! I always liked Robin but never really saw him as gay or anything until I saw him and Superboy together. They make the most adorable pair of anybody in either of the comic series. Posted Image

Okay, I have two theories. First, they never said superhero, but character. So it very well could be a villein, and my dar always pinged on the Joker. Creepy older dude wearing makeup and driving around in creepy vans.... just saying. The other would have to be Superboi, it just seems like he'd be a likely suspect. Him and Bunker are gonna hook up, watch and see.

*is suddenly reminded of the 50's and the fact the wacked so called psychologist said batman and robin were gay together...in his war on comics*

I personally don't care about any of them as gay or not.... I don't consider them that hot... I don't like hugely buff guys that much...

They are hot but not as hot as some other people :P