[Cia] Adverse Effects By Cia

Adverse Effects

Dade is no one's victim. He refuses to acknowledge the truth, that he needs someone who can help him. Of course, the last person he ever expected to find that in was an alien light years from everything he'd ever known.

Wheeee! Another story by you, Cia! biggrin.png
I'm already loving it - having read The Experiment (of course biggrin.png ) you can already feel close to Dade, but even without reading the previous story, you are immediately hooked!
Only thing was the transition from dream to reality - I had to reread to be sure where it happened.. Other than that it read like a train!

This most certainly asks for more!

• Like 1
  • Site Administrator

Thank you Bandage!

As for Dade, well, I wanted to show more of an insight into him right away. We saw that he had issues in the last story, but no one was sure why. It's hard to have a main character that no one enjoys or empathizes with, so I had to share a few things with his history right away.

I did want the transition from dream to reality to be a bit murky, just as it was for him, but I hope it wasn't too distracting.

• Like 1
  • Site Administrator

Maybe :P maybe not. I won't tell. No spoilers! :P I really am glad you're enjoying this so far. Thanks for commenting hun!

• Like 1

Dade's dislike for being touched or having his personal space invaded after all he has been through is certainly understandable. It seems like the doctor and the "medical" assistant could be important to his future well-being. Just hazarding a guess!Posted Image

• Like 1
  • Site Administrator

I did want to make Dade's absolute dislike of anyone touching him extremely clear... as to why that is, beyond the obvious, you'll find out in the next chapter!

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

And find out we did! Geez, poor Dade! You do have a way of torturing your characters, lol!

I loved the chapter, I suspect it was a rather hard one, with all those emotions aso...

Keep on writing pretty please! ♥ And have fun on your camping trip :D

• Like 1
  • Site Administrator

Thanks hun! I had a good time. I do tend to give my characters quite a bit to overcome, but that's what makes it so great when they do! I'm really glad you enjoyed the chapter, it wasn't easy to write. Thanks so much for commenting!

• Like 1
  • Site Administrator

Dade is a wreck coming to terms with his transformations and trying to deal with his feelings while wondering if they are truly his own.....almost enough to shoot anyone's equilibrium out of kilter.

Asamvav described it as PTSD, and I think that's a pretty accurate description of what Dade is going through. He's been surrounded by discipline and death for so long but there is only so much one person can take. His reactions are what I'd expect anyone in his shoes to be going through but it is a fine line between angry, scared, sad and omg, get over it already. LOL

Loved the chapter - Can't wait to read on! Posted Image

I'm so glad you enjoyed it. More will be coming soon, don't worry!

• Like 1

So, Cia, you've hooked me again. I love Dade :) He has quite a lot of anger brewing inside him, He seems like a man who's gone over the verge of breaking and is literally hanging on by the last thread. I'm glad for the introduction of Yaseke. Hopefully, their unique connection will help Dade. Also, the names always make my day, because 'Yaseke' is totally cool. Posted Image. Waiting for the next chapter.

• Like 1
  • Site Administrator
:D I'm really glad you enjoyed the first 5 chapters Lilansui! Dade's story is a rough one, and I think you're right, he's on the edge. Here's to hoping he doesn't fall off, right? More will be coming out soon.
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Chapter 8 is up and our empathic hero is still lost in the jungle with the only man he can bear to touch. A little beat-up by his adventure so far and also having to control his attraction for his therapist whom is the nephew of one of the guys that wants to see our hero terminated..............

Good job Cia. Posted Image

My usual complaint is that I want more!Posted Image

• Like 1
  • Site Administrator

Oooooh action chapter! I like it! Hehe, you totally got me on a wrong track, back when I thought I saw the budding relationship! But I don't mind that at all Posted Image

Anyway, can't wait to read on! Posted Image Keep the muse flowing Posted Image

Well I don't know I missed this! I'm so glad you liked the chapter and that I managed to do what you didn't expect. Thanks for commenting hun!

Chapter 8 is up and our empathic hero is still lost in the jungle with the only man he can bear to touch. A little beat-up by his adventure so far and also having to control his attraction for his therapist whom is the nephew of one of the guys that wants to see our hero terminated..............

Good job Cia. Posted Image

My usual complaint is that I want more!Posted Image

I do so like to add more than a bit of intrigue to my stories, lol. It's no wonder that Yaseke didn't want to tell Dade though; he already admitted to the therapist thing. More will be coming much sooner than last time, promise! Thanks for commenting, Daddydavek.

• 2 weeks later...

Chapter 9 is up and is soooo hot! Yaseke's charms have captured Dade and it was a passionate coupling, out of the jungle and after some food and a shower too!

Dade is starting to feel more than a little protective toward Yaseke and the bonding appears to have been completed.

Good job. As usual, can't wait for more!

Edited by Daddydavek
  • Like 1

I love this chapter, Dade is considerably calmer, thanks to being around Yaseke, and their passionate night was awesomely written as always. Being in the jungle is turning out to be the best thing for these two :) Great Chapter Cia.

• Like 1
  • Site Administrator

Chapter 9 is up and is soooo hot! Yaseke's charms have captured Dade and it was a passionate coupling, out of the jungle and after some food and a shower too!

Dade is starting to feel more than a little protective toward Yaseke and the bonding appears to have been completed.

Good job. As usual, can't wait for more!

I did want to get them out of the jungle, sort of, and into a more comfortable setting. The feelings he felt toward Yaseke were mostly likely exacerbated by the attack and their closeness, but I have to think they would have ended up together eventually anyhow. There will be more coming soon, thanks for the comments Daddydavek.

I love this chapter, Dade is considerably calmer, thanks to being around Yaseke, and their passionate night was awesomely written as always. Being in the jungle is turning out to be the best thing for these two Posted Image Great Chapter Cia.

I think Dade is starting to settle. He's a very strong man. I'm glad you enjoyed the chapter, and the intimate scene! Thanks for commenting lilansui.

• 2 weeks later...

As I said in my review of the latest Chapter: Cia--Queen of the Cliff hangers!Posted Image

Seriously, going out for a little fruit in the morning and being ambushed with no clue as to the outcome? Posted Image

Now I have to wait for the next installment! Posted Image

• Like 1
  • Site Administrator

Yes you do. Maybe I should ban you from reading my stuff for calling me a Queen of Cliffhangers. *huffs* LOL More will be coming soon though, never fear! Thanks so much for the review and the comments, Daddydavek. Other than the one that is soooo not true, you know!

• 6 months later...

This story just keeps getting better. Cliffies I can live with (small ones).

I have to ask my fellow readers, where the heck are you all, no posts since 31 October 2012. Silence is not always Golden. Your imput can and often does effect the story direction. So lets go Team!