[Cia] Adverse Effects By Cia

• Site Administrator

Awww, thank you Sandrewn. It's all right, I do get quite a few comments via the review system and my personal blog off GA for non-members. And unfortunately, my life has been crazy this last year with family health issues and other projects, so I haven't been posting nearly as often as I should.

That all being said, thank you very much for the reviews today, and I appreciate the forum comments as well!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Thanks for the latest chapter.   You have created a very interesting world with it's own set of political intrigues and cultural differences.   Our battle hardened hero, abused and modified by his own people has found the love of his life in the alien world and it seems to be more than mellowing him.  I too have followed the story and eagerly await more!

• Like 1
  • Site Administrator

Thanks for the latest chapter.   You have created a very interesting world with it's own set of political intrigues and cultural differences.   Our battle hardened hero, abused and modified by his own people has found the love of his life in the alien world and it seems to be more than mellowing him.  I too have followed the story and eagerly await more!

Thanks Dave! I feel bad, this story has been a LOOONG time in the writing. I have had more starts and stops and writing blocks in AE than in any other story. I'm lucky to have fans who continue to follow anyway.

• 5 months later...

Hi Cia, after I posted my review of the conclusion, I remembered there were a couple of points that I found a little unclear. First, I wasn't sure when or how Dade and Chip were thought to have gotten infected with the nanos. For Chip, it was presumably while he was being held captive, but when did Buphet have access to Dade? And why was it assumed that Buphet was the source, rather than the human scientists? Second, I didn't understand why Chip's nanos were so more advanced than Dade's E.g. was it because he got a higher dose or had been infected longer than Dade (meaning Dade's could get worse)? Also, are we to assume that the nanos are the cause of his current condition?

Sorry if this is nitpicky, or if it was explained and I somehow missed it. And thanks again for a really enjoyable story.

• Like 1
  • Site Administrator

Hi Cia, after I posted my review of the conclusion, I remembered there were a couple of points that I found a little unclear. First, I wasn't sure when or how Dade and Chip were thought to have gotten infected with the nanos. For Chip, it was presumably while he was being held captive, but when did Buphet have access to Dade? And why was it assumed that Buphet was the source, rather than the human scientists? Second, I didn't understand why Chip's nanos were so more advanced than Dade's E.g. was it because he got a higher dose or had been infected longer than Dade (meaning Dade's could get worse)? Also, are we to assume that the nanos are the cause of his current condition?

Sorry if this is nitpicky, or if it was explained and I somehow missed it. And thanks again for a really enjoyable story.

So, remember when Dade and Yaseke were both captured by the Vlrsessiums? They were both knocked out and woke on the ship. Buphet gave them to the Vlrsessiums, he was in on the attack, so he tagged them then. The goal was if the Collectors had sought him out, they'd possibly seek out his family members. Buphet was power hungry and determined... but grasping at straws. Buphet reveals that he 'tagged' them in Ch. 33, though I left it vague about who he tagged and how. He was already in league with the elite soldier group Tubinsfor is with, and he got the new micro nanos from them.

Remember, they've technology the other soldiers don't have... like the ability to camouflage their ship and compounds and the micro nanos and living circuitry in Chip. Tubinsfor mentions that they've been manipulating everyone--the humans in charge of the human planet coalition, the scientific doctors, Buphet, so not only do they have hidden power and influence over people--they're backing it up with advanced technology. That's Ch. 34 when Dade and Tubinsfor talk.  

As for Chip's condition, I don't want to reveal too much of that. It's part of another story, lol. Thank you so much for reading, and for commenting Impunity. This is the sort of information I was looking for. Things I 'know' and thought I revealed in subtle details enough for the reader to grasp, but they might be too subtle.

Ah, right. Thanks for explaining. I had forgotten the details in the intervening weeks. (This is not a criticism, btw.) :) You could probably make it a little more explicit by having one of the characters comment (muse?), "It must have happened when..." during the conversation about access. That would help those of us who are a little memory challenged.

I appreciate the desire to withhold the details of Chip's past, but raising the questions could heighten the mystery. I work with infectious diseases irl, and these are the sorts of questions that would be raised if two cases of a new infection with different presentations were identified. Dade would be worrying if he was going to end up like Chip.

I hope this is useful. If not, feel free to ignore. :)

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...