[Jwolf] The English Year

Simple.

If you start a fight in my house - don't come back. I don't care who you are.  Brother, sister, Papa, Mama, Uncle Dick, best friend or favourite trick.  Just the way it is.  Now I don't wanna sound like a complete moron, I think Judge Masipa has done that quite admirably (Pistorius) for the both of us, but you have to get it from the getgo that you only get one chance to prove that you're a boy and you had that chance at the age of 13 when you got into your first fight.  Now take a hike. Mike.  And you, Corb.  Well, I'm in one of those moods where moods count and all I say is, get a flippin' life now and stop your crap and try to settle down.  Oh I forgot,  you're new to whoring, well, let me tell you something, you don't do a bad job at it as jobs go.  Ah, you guessed it, I'm angry.  So, now let me tell you something about your writing, Mr. Wolf.  I love your dialogue curves.  And the fact that Corbin and Mike and Pete have made me downright angry, well, that's a good thing for fiction, isn't it? Yeah, you rock. 

Excellent chapter.  Got me going as you can see.  :P

Edited by LJH
  • Like 1

On another unfinished matter:

I hope Corbin happens across the Dean soon and casually tells her: "Oh by the way, I just realised why Melanie Chou was making such a fuss about the article. She loves the spot light. I feel so stupid for not working it out. Somebody else had to tell me. If I'd known I could probably have gotten out of the situation so much easier, just by offering to keep the drama going in my column. Oh well."

Or something to that effect which lets the implication hang that the Dean who is older and more clever (or at least more experienced) has let herself be fooled too. I'm sure she'll catch onto this and it may make her less fast to judge Corbin next time. Plus I'd love to see her clamp down on Melanie the next time the girl tries to get attention. :evil:

• Like 1

On another unfinished matter:

I hope Corbin happens across the Dean soon and casually tells her: "Oh by the way, I just realised why Melanie Chou was making such a fuss about the article. She loves the spot light. I feel so stupid for not working it out. Somebody else had to tell me. If I'd known I could probably have gotten out of the situation so much easier, just by offering to keep the drama going in my column. Oh well."

Or something to that effect which lets the implication hang that the Dean who is older and more clever (or at least more experienced) has let herself be fooled too. I'm sure she'll catch onto this and it may make her less fast to judge Corbin next time. Plus I'd love to see her clamp down on Melanie the next time the girl tries to get attention. :evil:

Cal me a coward, but I would never dare to do anything like that. Corbin's got more courage than me, but then even he knows that he is already on thin ice with the dean. He's got to live it down, not risk being eviscerated in another trip to her office.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey all. Just wanted to update that the next chapter is almost ready to go off to the editors. I plan on finishing it this weekend and posting sometime late next week. Of course, the best laid plans of mice and men...

• Like 3

Hey all. Just wanted to update that the next chapter is almost ready to go off to the editors. I plan on finishing it this weekend and posting sometime late next week. Of course, the best laid plans of mice and men...

Something to look forward to :) Can't wait!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm about to strangle you, LOL. Now I have to worry for ages about which mistake Corbin will make. I fear the worst and I feel so sorry for Mike, but on the other hand he brought this on himself by confessing too late. I wanted to smack him for saying 'I could have' ! Idiot :pissed:

My only hope is Corbin still takes revenge on Dom and that he fucks a string of boys in front of Pete until he breaks the stupid Brit's heart utterly - and if he can make Dakota miserable at the same time, that would be great.

Off to bed, and I hope you know you ruined my day !

But I'm still hooked on the story :lol: 

• Like 1

You know, it takes a lot to get me on Corbin's side, but there I am. This is just too much. 

To go from "I can't ask for you to wait for me because this is not a [relationship]" to "I could've changed my life for you," is a pretty severe hairpin turn. As for Pete, I hardly know what to say.

I'm back to wishing Corbin could just hang on till he's graduated and then find himself a nice sane boyfriend.

• Like 1

I think Pete's done a couple of things that you just don't come back from (and Mike may have too, but that was off-camera before the reader knew him). So now I kind of feel like, "Ugh, you again???" And then Dakota was involved in the big knife-in-the-heart moment, may even have known about it as it was going on, and now she's orchestrating a dumb faux reconciliation. So for me there's kind of a feeling of :o  I cannot take this!!!  :o  Not to mention all the built-up tension what with Melanie Chu and the Dean and the fight and the lockdown and Lee, etc.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Wow... not gonna lie, I wasn't expecting this passionate a response to this chapter. It makes me happy... but it makes me wonder what's going to happen with some of the turns coming up :)

we're getting anxious to find out about the 'turns coming up' :o

PS And thank you to Lisa for the nice compliment about my review.

Edited by Timothy M.

I'm wrapping up work on this chapter. It's another supersized one! Here's a little nugget to tide you over until I can get it published: There's at LEAST four blatant 'My Best Friend's Wedding' references in this chapter... probably including the title, but who knows. See you soon :)

• Like 2

I'm wrapping up work on this chapter. It's another supersized one! Here's a little nugget to tide you over until I can get it published: There's at LEAST four blatant 'My Best Friend's Wedding' references in this chapter... probably including the title, but who knows. See you soon :)

As always... can't wait :)

Hey folks. The next chapter is out! Again, thanks for your patience, as I know it's been a few weeks between chapters. I hope you love this installment, and I can't wait to read your reviews, thoughts, questions! Get the chapter here. Enjoy!

You know, I have a lot of sympathy for Corbin, but this Darth Sidious thing he's got going on with Lee is downright creepy. And to think that when Pete talked him through the "what do you want" conversation I thought he was about to find a way to strike some kind of blow for gay students at his school... Edit: oh, and "I'm that kind of guy too," or whatever Pete said, is almost viciously ambiguous. Just enough to pull someone in, but so little that there's plausible deniability. Well written, jwolf, but ew. That Pete.  :pissed:

Edited by Irritable1
  • Like 2

Omg.  Those silly boys.  The whole lot of them are completely nuts.  I still love Corbin's crafiness.  And Lee... Well you can just wander over to the review to see what I had to say.  HAHAHAHAH Cliffy for you...    I did want to know if Mike was going to really be in trouble or if he just got a slap on the wrist.  Domidick was so wrong in that.  Too far and too petty to be just deserts ya know? 

• Like 1

I'm really excited to explore this next phase of the story. I think Corbin is at his best when he's working on something or had something up his sleeve. Let's just see how far he takes it with lee and the freshmen.

• 1 month later...

While we're waiting for the next chapter, I thought I'd entertain us by coming up with music pics for the chapters. (Can't promise I'll do every chapter.) The picks will mostly be songs contemporary to the time period of late 2008, so mostly mid/late 2000's stuff. Let's roll!

Chapter 1

-When we meet Corbin, the diva of his college, as he goes on his first round of parties for the year.

"We Run This" by Missy Elliot

-When Corbin meets Pete, a British exchange student, and becomes instantly infatuated.

"Love Story" by Taylor Swift

-When Corbin gets back to his dorm, alone.

"Gotta Be Somebody" by Nickelback

Chapter 2

-When Corbin explains his college's various party scenes.

"Paper Planes" by M.I.A.

-When Pete and Corbin start dancing around to Miley Cyrus.

"See You Again" by Miley Cyrus

I had a friend who had this as his voicemail ringtone, and it still makes me laugh.

Chapter 3

-When Corbin describes the events of his night just talking to Pete into the late hours of the morning.

"Bubbly" by Colbie Calliat

-When Corbin begins his flirtation with Lee over a beer pong game, leading to some sexy times.

"Goodies" by Ciara ft. Petey Pablo

• 2 weeks later...

Hey folks! Just wanted to stop in for a quick update :) I've started working on new chapters of the story, so please expect those soon! Thanks again for everyone's support of this story and me as a writer. Can't wait!

YOU can't wait??? I can't wait! lol

I've been missing Corb and Co. Glad to see you're back, Jon! :)

Hey folks! Just wanted to stop in for a quick update :) I've started working on new chapters of the story, so please expect those soon! Thanks again for everyone's support of this story and me as a writer. Can't wait!

:) love that it is chapterS and not just chapter :)

greetings

pfox