[Jwolf] The English Year

• 1 month later...

The next chapter of the story has been sent off for editing and will be posted soon. I'm excited for the next phase of the story, and I really do hope that those who have become attached to the characters will continue to enjoy it. I just want to thank everyone for their continued support of this story and for giving me the continued inspiration to write. An in-progress story is very difficult to keep up with, especially with life's other obligations, surprises, and nuances, and the fact that folks are still willing to stick around and see what happens to Corbin even months after I've posted, is encouraging and humbling. It means a great to deal to me and every author on this site. I can't wait to roll out the next season of the story and look forward to reading everyone's responses and thoughts as we continue to follow the lives of these characters.

• Like 1

Hey folks! The next chapter is up and ready! I hope you enjoy and will leave a comment/review, and come back here for the discussion. I'll be back with the next installment in about two weeks. Thanks again for your continued support. Enjoy!

• Like 2

Chapter 28 Music Recs

-When Corbin and Lee solidify their planned power partnership in a really fun way.

"Crazy Bitch" by Buckcherry

That was a REALLY popular tune with college cover bands during the time period.

-As the guys kick off their Christmas party weekend.

"Live Your Life" by T.I. and Rihanna

-When Corbin and Pete walk hand in hand together.

"Crazy for You" by Adele

-When Pete and Corbin start dancing together.

"American Boy" by Estelle

- When things get all sad at the end, and Corbin realizes that he's not getting the fairy-tale princess ending he wanted from Pete.

"White Horse" by Taylor Swift

Corbin really, really seems to be into Pretty Woman, and I loved that little moment where he imagines this moment from Pretty Woman, to be contrasted with Pete refusing to be Richard Gere's Prince Charming to Corbin's Julia Roberts.

Taylor Swift was really big on fairy tale themes during this period of her career; that's why I picked this tune.

In any event, can't you guys just picture Corbin secretly blasting Taylor Swift on his IPod, while crying his eyes out over Pete?

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Like 1

Chapter 28 Music Recs

-When Corbin and Lee solidify their planned power partnership in a really fun way.

"Crazy Bitch" by Buckcherry

That was a REALLY popular tune with college cover bands during the time period.

-As the guys kick off their Christmas party weekend.

"Live Your Life" by T.I. and Rihanna

-When Corbin and Pete walk hand in hand together.

"Crazy for You" by Adele

-When Pete and Corbin start dancing together.

"American Boy" by Estelle

- When things get all sad at the end, and Corbin realizes that he's not getting the fairy-tale princess ending he wanted from Pete.

"White Horse" by Taylor Swift

Corbin really, really seems to be into Pretty Woman, and I loved that little moment where he imagines this moment from Pretty Woman, to be contrasted with Pete refusing to be Richard Gere's Prince Charming to Corbin's Julia Roberts.

Taylor Swift was really big on fairy tale themes during this period of her career; that's why I picked this tune.

In any event, can't you guys just picture Corbin secretly blasting Taylor Swift on his IPod, while crying his eyes out over Pete?

"Crazy Bitch" has got to be one of the best songs ever! lol  What a great beat, great words, lol!!  I especially like to crank it up on my phone when I'm outside shoveling!  :D  No lie.

Thanks for the compliment, Steve.

I always love when method puts together those music recs! Crazy Bitch was a great song!

Well, "Corbin" and I graduated from college the same year. (Going by the idea that he was a junior during the '08-'09 school year, and I was a second-year junior that year.)

So it's fun for me, reliving those college memories.

• 3 weeks later...

Heya, Jon!

I signed in on my phone just so I could ask this question: the vmee's last name is Loggerman, right?

I was on another site & there was a story by a Mike Loggerman! I thought shit, the cadet's writing his own story from solitary. Lol

I do wonder if Mike ever ended up with another guy, or another woman. I figure the guy's mostly straight but Corbin awakened his bi side. Then again, I also got the feeling that Mike's friend had his suspcions about Mike, because he really pushed the whole bit about asking him if he's gay.

What I thought was interesting about the dynamic between Corbin and Mike was that it very much felt like Corbin was the "girl", so to speak. Mike kind of treated Corbin like he was his girlfriend- just like the protective way he treated him, etc etc.

Pete doesn't really seem to treat Corbin like he's a girl, which I find interesting. Like they seem to relate more as guys.

• Like 1

I think that's a pretty accurate observation. Not going to say that that's intentional, it's just the way that those two relationships happened to pan out. There is more to come on Mike in the future, but that's all I can say without spoiling anything.

I think that's a pretty accurate observation. Not going to say that that's intentional, it's just the way that those two relationships happened to pan out. There is more to come on Mike in the future, but that's all I can say without spoiling anything.

Hmm, glad I picked up on that.

It just kind of occured to me how much like a girl Mike treated Corbin, like always getting in Pete's face, or that little laundry scene that just felt very boyfriend/girlfriend to me. I think it's just what Mike was comfortable with as a guy who hadn't been a boyfriend to another guy before.

As another random thought...now that Twilight mania is in full swing, has Corbin ditched his Zach Efron posters for Edward Cullen? (Well, unless he's Team Jacob.)

I told a guy at a college party once that his peat coat made him look like Robert Pattinson, and GOD he got pissed. It was then that I realized that RPatz had officially surpassed Zac Efron as the reigning teen idol.

Edited by methodwriter85

Hey folks! The next chapter is up and ready to go. I'm really excited about this one, and the direction of some of the characters that we've come to know. I also think there will be the need to add a character in the 'Faces' page at the end of this one... just saying. Anyway! Enjoy, and I can't wait to hear what everyone thinks.

• Like 1

I feel like Corbin is a gay version of Cher in Clueless. It's hilarious that he just figured Nick Persons was a straight guy who just made special drinks in special mugs for his platonic buddies.

I gotta admit I enjoy the Lee stuff. I normally hate the whole "bi now, gay later" stuff, but wow, I really am not going to be shocked if Lee eventually decides he's gay. He really seems to get off on Corbin playing dominant to him.

"My revolving thought process kept wondering if and when Pete would call to explain last night, but the fact that he hadn’t, that he’d made no attempt to contact me whatsoever made me worry that that explanation would never come."

I will say, he didn't get Pete's text until he had already decided to go up with Nick...

I wasn't talking about the 'I love you' text, but the one before that. The one he decided not to read while he was waiting for Hutch.

I stand corrected, and you're right! There is the one sent earlier in the afternoon. I will say, when Pete and Corbin interact next, it's the 'I love you' text that gets the bulk of the playtime. But who knows... maybe Pete will call Corbin out for his inability to respond to general correspondence. :)

• Like 1

At this rate I'm starting to think that Pete and Corbin won't have things sorted out until May, at which point Pete goes back to England. LOL.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Like 1