[Jwolf] The English Year

Lol. You know I don't like to confirm or deny predictions like that, but I will say there is plenty of drama to tide us over until May... and that it might be dangerous to assume that he goes back to England at the end of the school year, if at all.

Lol. You know I don't like to confirm or deny predictions like that, but I will say there is plenty of drama to tide us over until May... and that it might be dangerous to assume that he goes back to England at the end of the school year, if at all.

As a spoiler hound, this bothers the hell out of me. LOL. Arbour can tell you that I constantly hound him for stuff.

So are you suggesting we shouldn't take this title literally, as in the English Year covers the '08-'09 school year but not exclusively so?

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Wow, loved this one too, maybe Pete is letting his guard down a little bit. But then he always was miffed that he could never see "the real Corbin". So now he has, but the thing is....where's Mike? The romance of Mike doing some grand gesture to reclaim Corbin, Nick? I like Nick, he's flown under the radar, something that appeals to Corbin (seems Corb's loves a bit of a chase, up to a point) I dunno, I'm softening on Pete....there, I've said it. Lol

If anyone is still keeping up with faces ideas, any suggestions around Nick?

I kept picturing Nate Archibald (Chace Crawford) from Gossip Girl as Nick:

Maxim+Hot+100+Party+qRiaO1HBTJUl.jpg

He just has that non-threatening, preppy golden pretty boy look to him, which is how I've always seen Nick. He also bore a passing resemblance to circa 2007 Zac Efron, which I'm sure Corbin would have appreciated. I can totally see Nick rocking Zac Efron hair...a lot of guys were back then.

Anyway, this one's late, but hell...

Chapter 30

-When Corbin and Nick get together.

"Electric Feel" by MGMT

-When Corbin and Pete have their talk.

"Make You Feel My Love" by Adele

God, it's no surprise Adele blew up big-time like three years later. What a talent.

Edited by methodwriter85

I kept picturing Nate Archibald (Chace Crawford) from Gossip Girl as Nick:

He just has that non-threatening, preppy golden pretty boy look to him, which is how I've always seen Nick.

I'm not gonna lie, that's a pretty solid pick.

Yeah, good one - I'd let him do me, too (http://satwcomic.com/good-to-see-you-australia - last pane)

Oh and Jon did you see this: https://www.gayauthors.org/forums/topic/40263-happy-birthday-jwolf/

Edited by Timothy M.
  • 2 weeks later...

If anyone is still keeping up with faces ideas, any suggestions around Nick?

Hey, JWolf, do you have an idea for Hutch? Because I keep thinking Young David Franco:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gm2j6aIN6MI

God, he was so young and cute then. Still very damned cute:

Dave-Franco-2015-Images.jpg

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Like 1

Definitely prefer Dave to james. How tall is Dave? Hutch is notoriously short.

He claims 5'7", but I'm betting that's on tippy-toes. Look at this photo of him with Zac Efron, who is supposed to be about 5'8":

http://40.media.tumblr.com/47b58aa38c55391e656140497dbdabfc/tumblr_ncczwfxR1Z1tb5mlco1_500.png

If Zac is 5'8", Dave is 5'6" at the max.

Edited by methodwriter85

Hey guys, while we're waiting for the next chapter, I'd like to recommend a new story for those of you who like gay coming-of-age college stories.

"The Best Four Years of Adam Becker's Life" by oat327

This story focuses on the titular Adam Becker, an 18-year old closeted son of a Republican senator who starts his college experience at Tulane University, one year after Katrina ravaged New Orleans. He makes quick friends while at the same time struggling with his determination to stay closeted (again, Republican senator's son) while being surrounded in a school with good-looking men.

The characters are pretty vivid and the author put a lot of detail into recreating the time period and setting. I was on the East Coast for college, but I went to college during the same time frame, and I was seriously impressed by how much detail the guy put it. Some editing problems, but still very readable and good in my opinion.

Anyway, Adam is absolutely nothing like Corbin- he's rather tightly wound, far more insecure, and far less controlling/manipulative, but it's an interesting college story regardless. It doesn't really have a set romance here...it seems more along the vein of Joe College- more slice-of-life rather than the narrative we're getting here. Also, it has a lot of Greek life stuff in it- the character is hanging out a lot with a frat that seems keen on rushing him.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Like 1

Hey folks! I wanted to post a quick update. Thi is my last week of traveling for work/vacation/other stuff. I have some touches to put on the latest chapter, but as I'll be back in full swing soon, it shouldn't be too long before I have te chapter out to my team. Thanks again!

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...

Hey there! I'm more thank excited to announce the next chapter is up and ready. A special thanks to my team who've been super patient with me and turn things around so rapidly. I hope you all enjoy, and I look forward to reading and responding to your comments! More to come in approximately two weeks!

• Like 2

Hey there! I'm more thank excited to announce the next chapter is up and ready. A special thanks to my team who've been super patient with me and turn things around so rapidly. I hope you all enjoy, and I look forward to reading and responding to your comments! More to come in approximately two weeks!

I was super excited to see your update on the front page! :)

Maybe I'll even have a chance to read it soon! :D

Chapter 31 Music Recs

-When Corbin tries to desperately convince himself that he's into Nick as they ride together back to school, while still obsessing over the voicemail that Pete left.

"Lovebug" by The Jonas Brothers

-When Corbin realizes Lee can't be controlled, and proceeds to throw him under the bus to his shocked frat.

"Poker Face" by Lady Gaga

-When Pete tries to get Corbin "back", in a sense, and Corbin shuts him down by telling him he's with Nick.

"Nothing Like You And I" by The Perishers

• Like 1
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...